User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna buy some vitamin water just to try it after seeing a couple people at my school have those.

After watching this, i'm not wasting 1 cent on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BombaTwIsT
    I was gonna buy some vitamin water just to try it after seeing a couple people at my school have those.

After watching this, i'm not wasting 1 cent on it.
    Duznt really sound like the best of reasons for making the decision not to try the product. Should really make the decision based on the merits of the product or the lack thereof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably the worst commercial within the past 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think, yes it is an eye opener for americans because they have never seen badminton played in a proper court and all but the difference is, with the other sports that vitamin water advertised, the americans already know that it is a joke since they are familiar with the other sports. but with badminton, i hope they did not say, "i knew badminton is a lame sport" even when they know the ads are supposed to be funny because they are not familiar with it. and ad can leave a positive or a negative effect. hopefully in this ad's case, it is the positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww cmon.....admit's it's a little funny....hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Look at this "Badminton commercial"

hey guys.
    look at this "badminton commercial" .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwqSBWDW_A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's actually been posted already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah ive seen that one before i actually got a good laugh out of it. was pretty funny i think, they were afraid to play the net how he just falls over after the net shot lol and then in the end gets the shuttle lodged into his leg. like yeah i know its unreal and all that and people will complain it makes badminton look bad but theres just something about it make me laugh since the commercial is pretty funny the way they did it and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh..isn't it a watervitamin or something commercial?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA omg this was the most hilarious shizzzzz everrrrr! BOB AND HOWARD ARE STUDDSSSSS!!! CHYEAAAAA BOYYYYY....lovess it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Commercial!
    I guess some people here are WAY TOO serious about badminton.

I'm still wondering how many threads merge there will be about this badminton commercial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This commercial is f'ing hilarious! I take badminton seriously but this is just great humor and a great commercial. A lot of you guys maybe feeling insecure about how this will effect the image of badminton as a sport but I honestly don't think hardly anyone in north america thinks badminton is a sport at all, but more of a funny game like croquet or botchy ball that you play in a park. This is definitely a step up from that. Ortiz and Urlacher are hilarious in this commercial.

Boring? Stupid? Lame? Come on, I read some of the comments on youtube by badminton fans trying to bash the commercial and I had to roll my eyes...this kind of insecurity will ruin badminton's image more than any commercial. Please just be honest with yourself and laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post random note about the commercial

one thing that took me a while to notice once i stopped laughing is that the yang yang guys are wearing yonex tennis shoes and not badminton shoes...who cares though still funny just yeah something random i noticed in it. dont knwo if it was posted in here before it probally was if so my bad.

anybody interested can see that it is yonex tennis shoes from the following link the color they have isnt on there but the design is the same and the pattern on the bottom isnt anything from a badminton shoe.
    http://www.yonex.com/tennis/products/shoes.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look what popped up on me on one of the headlines of msn.com
    http://www.slate.com/id/2167874/?GT1=10135

its an analysis of the advertising strategies of the vitamin water computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bwahaha! thats so funny!!!
    if a NFL or a CFL player would jump towards me in his attempt to hit the shuttle, I would just avoid him, duck, whatever, than loose a limb coz he looks heavy and may cause serious injury.
    Case in point, Urlacher has the intimidation factor, whereas Ortiz has the arm power, that's what vitaminwater ephasized in this commercial. Also, they are subliminaly trying to say that badminton is a difficult sport and you need the help of vitaminwater in order to be competitive (bwahaha) Its not derogatory, in my opinion. If this was done in a backyard scene, well, its going to fetch different reaction from me. But the commercial shows that badminton IS a sport and IS a highstake sport... so chill up. A lot of people still think that badminton is a backyard sport, well at least in North America... so this is a good exposure for the sport. chill!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having experienced being led to a squash court when I asked around for a badminton court around Ramona Blvd, in California, my first reaction upon seeing this commercial is annoyance, as a layman who would not know anything about any sport for that matter will just judge it by what you initially see visually-- nothing more, nothing less.

But then again, if one goes for the credo of advertising is still advertising, whether its good or bad, then the merits of this exposure may still be more compared to its possible negative effects towards the promotion of badminton in the US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loppy View Post
    I'm sure that commercial will have done a lot of good for badminton, since there are 2 "famous" baseball players in it. Besides, it's better for people to think it's an easy sport instead of a hard sport, if it's easy more people will be tempted to try it out =p
    what we need is some badminton commercials in the UK with famous football stars...
    I like your thinking Loppy, badminton used to be really big in the UK years ago and an ad like that but better could really get the sport back again. I seen the ad b4 and thought it was rubbish.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast