How long will the strings last if it fray around the grommet?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by XpAnDaZnX91, May 4, 2007.

1. XpAnDaZnX91

XpAnDaZnX91 Regular Member

uhm i got my Yonex mp29 strung at 22 pounds and i got it strung like one or two months ago. today i find that there is a fray in the grommet next to the the main start or cross... or w/e basically next to the one you start string with. SO anyway.... i was wondering how long it would last me so i can change it to better strings or w/e before a tournament and would the fray effect the porformence of the raquet?

2. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

snappy snap snap snap, my friend broke his strings 2 days after he got it restrung, and he was noob. unbroken grommets will let your string last longer.

3. doodlefreak

doodlefreak Regular Member

As long as you have a bit of plastic between the string and the frame i think its fine. I have damaged grommets and my strings never snap there, probably because there is still a bit of plastic inbetween!

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The fray usually caused by damaged gromments, or usage such as picking up shuttles with rackets. It's hard to say when it will snap, as it depends on many factors (how hard is your strokes, how often u play, how bad the fray already been, etc)

5. XpAnDaZnX91

XpAnDaZnX91 Regular Member

i play everyday for like 5 hours and my stroke are pretty hard if i want a long clear or a smashand the fray i guess isnt that bad.. but i see the white part inside.... well im not really sure if its a fray or like its spliting

6. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Might as well get it restrung ASAP to avoid it from breaking during a game.

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    couple of mishits will do the trick =) just make sure when you break the string, you cut them immediately or ur racket might warp and break. as for damaging the grommets...don't worry about it. if itz is damaged, ask the stringer to replace it. they usually provide 1 or 2 grommets for free when restringing.

8. amenzza

amenzza Regular Member

student
    i have the same problem... on 1 of my rackets and i went to a stringer who seemed to repair it somehow... i dont know how.... but he did... looks good as new... and he only charged £2 ;)