CCC Badminton: Sunday 7:30pm-10:00pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, May 4, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Greetings, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Because we are getting popular/overcrowded in our sessions on Wednesday & Friday nights, we have decided to expand our activities by adding another session, which will be on every Sunday night.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And we will commence on Sunday 20-May-2007 :):):) [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    ========================
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please respond if interested. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton: Sunday 7:30pm-10:00pm[/FONT] ​
    Venue
    : Waverley Christian College, 1248 High Street Road, Wantirna South, Victoria, Australia

[/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Satellite Pic: [/FONT]
    [​IMG]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Time: Every Sunday 7:30pm-10:00pm [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Level: For Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Skills [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Courts: Our venue has 4 courts [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton Club was formed in the hope that it will help more people to enjoy playing badminton. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Depending on our members' feedback, we can structure/organise events for our Sunday Session with any and/or all of the following; [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Handicapped Games [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC League Games [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CATS (Coaching And Training Sessions)[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]If you do not wish to join our CCC Forum@BadmintonCentral, you can email us direct at chris@cccbadminton.com [/FONT] ​
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]However, we encourage all our players@ccc to be involved in our OPEN DISCUSSIONS. :):):)
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]========================

[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We will take this opportunity to reveal the Conditions of Gymnasium Use Policy that we have agreed to undertake to observe and that we are willing to bind ourselves to be liable to pay the cost of any damage which may be done to the building and/or fixtures while under hire or use by CCC Badminton. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Gymnasium Use Policy (May 2005)[/FONT]​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Car Parking [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]There are adequate parking spaces available and it is expected that vehicles only park within the defined areas. There is not to be any parking on the oval, gardens or paths. Knox Council do not approve the parking of vehicles on the nature strip of Cathies Lane. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Rubbish [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please place all your rubbish into the BLUE BIN(Dumpmaster) in the car park. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Liquor Consumption [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]In line with College and Church policies, these is to be NO consumption of alcohol either inside or outside the building. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Smoking [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]All College facilities and grounds are TOTAL NON-SMOKING AREAS. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Chewing Gum [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Chewing Gum is not allowed in this facility. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Supervision of Children [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Permission to use the gymnasium relates to the gymnasium only. Access to other areas of the College is not permitted. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The Area Covered by Permission to Use the Gymnasium [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The main gymnasium [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Foyer [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]First Aid Room [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Toilets [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]General Purpose Store [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cleaning Room [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]All other areas, such as stores and offices, are strictly out of bounds.

[/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cleaners [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please ensure that the areas are left clean and tidy. Any additional cleaning required following your use of the facility will be charged at $30 per hour. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Furniture [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The College does not provide any furniture. Unless otherwised with and approved by the College, no furniture is allowed on the main gymnasium floor surface. Please do NOT drag chairs, tables, equipment, etc across the floor. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cooking [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cooking is not permitted within this facility. [/FONT] ​
    Security
    [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The user/hirer is responsible for seeing that the gymnasium is securely locked prior to any departure, gates are to be locked. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Damage [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please advise the College immediately if any damage occurs. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Displayed Rules [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please observe all rules as displayed in the facility. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]======================== [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Shuttles Policy[/FONT]
    Members@CCC have to remember this: Our club's charges are dependent on our club's expenses.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]If we spend more on the use of shuttles, the cost will be passed on to the our members. [/FONT]
    So, at the end of your game, if the shuttle is still good, place that good shuttle under the net, in the middle of the court
    [/FONT] ​
    The next lot of players should warm up with older shuttles from the tray.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]When they are ready to start their game, they should then use that good shuttle that is placed under the net, in the middle of the court. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]======================== [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We hope to see you there. :):):)[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc

[/FONT]

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Too many Email and Private Messages for chris@ccc to cope with !!!

By [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]OPEN DISCUSSIONS[/FONT], we mean... Let us communicate our views via this thread.

There are just too many Email and Private Messages for chris@ccc to cope with. ;););)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC League Games Trial #3 could be held on Sunday 27-May-2007

Greetings,

DoublesPlease suggested that we could (if our interested participants permitting) organise our CCC League Games Trial #3 on Sunday 27-May-2007. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Progress/Development Report for our CCC League Games Trial #3 on Sunday 27-May-2007

Hi DoublesPlease,

Any progress/development report for our CCC League Games Trial #3 on Sunday 27-May-2007 ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers... chris@ccc

5. DoublesPlease

DoublesPlease Regular Member

6. DoublesPlease

First Sunday session: 20th May

Hi all,

As Chris mentioned above we are looking for ideas for the Sunday session. Personally I'd prefer the regular social play or if someone's willing to get a little serious I need to do some drill work and need a partner.

If you can come along on Sunday please add your contributions to this thread.

dp

7. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I should be able to come on Sunday but I won't be able to confirm until closer date, let's say next Sunday. :p :p :p ......shouldn't have any problem. As for serious drill work, I prefer to play game of single instead, until someone drop dead. Care to join me, DP. :D

8. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

That's great idea!! Maybe some people who are in wed day coaching would be happy to come in on sunday to do drills.

That would mean guranteed attendance!

9. NaNo-TiMe

NaNo-TiMe Regular Member

Full time study
    i think i be able to come if i don't have too much work to do or test. Yeah it should be a good session, some more badmin games. :D

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Does NaNo-TiMe want coaching at our Sunday CCC@Waverley session ?

Hi NaNo-TiMe,

You have just reminded me to ask you :):):) "Do you want coaching on Sunday ?".

As you are way down, 7th in line, in our Wednesday CATS Waiting List, you might want to commence coaching at our Sunday CCC@Waverley session.

So far, we have 3 interested... and we are waiting for the 4th... before we commence.

Our Sunday CCC@Waverley could be organised with;
    1 court for Coaching,
    1 court for Social Games, and
    2 courts for League Games.

Please let me know.

Cheers... chris@ccc

11. NaNo-TiMe

NaNo-TiMe Regular Member

Full time study
    Hi chris. If you thinking of coaching session on sunday, i be more than happy to join you. I will try to a arrange my time to come.
    On the other hand i also want to play the League Games .
    So i'm still abit confuse maybe i'll talk to you more on this wednesday.

12. HandsFull

HandsFull Regular Member

Hi Chris,

I will join Sunday social on regular basis.

Foo

13. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

trial league no 3

PHP:
    Perhapswe could encourage hkhung (or anyone interestedto organise a CCC League Games Trial #4, for players with handicaps from +8 to 0, occurring the same time with the CCC League Games Trial #3.
    Since there's no thread for trial league and trial league is on sunday, i am in the right thread, rite?

Chris, knowing what went down with me on getting people to highvale, you still want me to organise?

Seriously, many members from section 3 miss the friendly against highvale so i think they would be interested in something like this.

DoublesPlease can also help to ask people this+next wed day, if it was gonna happen next sunday.

Well if all systems are go, this is what i need
    - discuss structure of the trial match (if section 3 were playing amogst section 3, i think dividing people in teams is good)
    - section 3 members email + phone no
    - me+Peter (read underneath) get people start talking about this

I think the best way to go about this is tell everybody about the trial league and then depending on their sections we put them into groups.

So we can be flexible if we got 13 people from section 1+2 and 11 people from section 3, we can move the guy at bottom of section 2 to join the trial with section 3.

In all, i need everybody's help to organise this!

14. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

didn't realised the quote look bad

Since there's no thread for trial league and trial league is on sunday, i am in the right thread, rite?

Chris, knowing what went down with me on getting people to highvale, you still want me to organise?

Seriously, many members from section 3 miss the friendly against highvale so i think they would be interested in something like this.

Well if all systems are go, this is what i need
    - discuss structure of the trial match (if section 3 were playing amogst section 3, i think dividing people in teams is good)
    - section 3 members email + phone no
    - me+Peter (read underneath) get people start talking about this

DoublesPlease can also help to ask people this+next wed day, if it was gonna happen next sunday.

I think the best way to go about this is tell everybody about the trial league and then depending on their sections we put them into groups.

DoublesPlease, So we can be flexible if we got 13 people from section 1+2 and 11 people from section 3, we can move the guy at bottom of section 2 to join the trial with section 3.

In all, i need everybody's help to organise this!

15. DoublesPlease

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Sunday 20-May-2007, our 'Launching Night' for Sunday CCC@Waverley

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]A question has been asked about our CCC Sunday Night@Waverley[/FONT].

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Is CCC Sunday Night meant to be [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]for Social Games, or [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]for League Games, or [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]for CATS (Coaching And Training Sessions)? [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Answer: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton was formed in the hope that it will help more people enjoy playing Badminton. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So, it is not important how we will structure or organise it (at the moment). [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Let us all turn up.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Let us just enjoy our Badminton !!! :):):)

[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]On Sunday 20-May-2007, our 'Launching Night', there will be a bit of everything;
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]* chris@ccc will be answering questions about our CATS (Coaching And Training Sessions) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]* DoublesPlease will be answering questions about our CCC League Games [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]* helmut will be answering questions about our CCC Social Games [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And we hope to meet many new players who have never been to CCC Badminton. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

#16 chris-ccc, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Handicaps for our 47 CCC Members as at today, Sunday 20-May-2007

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We are still to find out whether our players@ccc want to play the CCC Handicapped Games tonight, Sunday 20-May-2007. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Just in case you players want to play it, I have prepared here the latest Handicaps (as at end of Wednesday 16-May-2007). [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 47 CCC Members are listed below. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Section 1 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1. -8 chris@ccc [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2. -8 Andrew-N [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]3. -8 Chiranthi-M :):):) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]4. -8 Kevin-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]5. -8 Sivakumar-S [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]6. -8 Tony-P [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]7. -6 Jason-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]8. -4 Andrew-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]9. -4 Foo-SW [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]10. -4 Jason-K [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]11. -4 John-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]12. -4 Ketut-S [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]13. -4 Kulwinder-S [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]14. -4 Peter-L [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Section 2 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]15. -2 Kelvin-K [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]16. -2 Laurie-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]17. -2 Luke-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]18. -2 Schuze-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]19. 0 Andrew-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]20. 0 Ashraf-S [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]21. 0 BK-T [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]22. 0 Cuong-L [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]23. 0 Daniel-S [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]24. 0 Julian-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]25. +2 Abi-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]26. +2 Edward-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]27. +2 Elton-G [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]28. +2 Helina-G [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]29. +2 Sylvia-W [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Section 3 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]30. +4 Helmut-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]31. +4 Jack-Y [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]32. +4 John-L [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]33. +4 Karen-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]34. +4 Ken-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]35. +4 Melchor-P [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]36. +4 Thiru-N [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]37. +6 George-B [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]38. +6 Keith-T [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]39. +6 Luke-L [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]40. +8 David-N [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]41. +8 Hans-I [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]42. +8 Lily-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]43. +8 Llewellyn-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]44. +8 Monica-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]45. +8 Rohini-T [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Not Played [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]46. 0 KC-Chan [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]47. 0 Eric-L [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And the Magnetic Board will also be brought along tonight. :):):)[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers...chris@ccc[/FONT]

#17 chris-ccc, May 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  18. NaNo-TiMe

NaNo-TiMe Regular Member

Full time study
    hi, chris
    i can't come tonight , have to study for my test. :(

19. DoublesPlease

Does anyone have any plastic shuttles that they can bring along tonight? Wouldn't mind a game or two with one.

20. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

plastic shuttle

I wil bring some yonex plastic shuttle for tonite.

Chris normally has one in his tray, then again you probably gonna spend the whole night looking for that.