just broke my racket... looking for advice on a new one.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Iwan, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Iwan

Iwan Guest

This is my second time breaking an Iso 900 and Im getting tired of it. Maybe its coz I strung it at 24 though... anyway, can someone please recommend me a good racquet that can withstand 24lbs for a long time like carbonex but light like the iso series? I'm an offensive player btw, like to smash a lot. I've heard that the Ti series are pretty good, any ideas on which one is better?

2. Valentino

Valentino Guest

i want to get a new racket too, same features as yours, and im thinking of getting a Ti-7!

3. Iori Yagami

Iori Yagami Guest

If u r an offensive player then i say u should get yonex iso swing power ti long sx cos that racket is made for smashing!! very stiff shaft ... i think u'll like it.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    which Iso900? the SA/SR are weaker and 24lbs will slowing kill it. but the SS/SX can hold high tension with little problem.

5. jon

jon Guest

(i'm a bit anxious right now...)

GO BUY A MP55!
    ... no clue... maybe it'z cuz i want to buy one.

6. Iwan

Iwan Guest

oddly enough.... it was my SR and SS that broke and not my SA.... I've clased the SA twice on one day just a few days ago and its still holding up good.... never clashed the SR and SS but it broke anyway :/ Anyways, I'm thinking of getting MP-77 any advice?

7. Valentino

Valentino Guest

i tried the mp77 last week and its great! this is the only mp i tried, i still have to try the other ones, but mp77 is excellent overall and good for smashing also!

8. lancer

lancer Guest

Just broke my 900(SX) too! :-(
    Did some research and decided on the MP77(don't like TI)

9. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    I wanted to get mp-77 .. but since I was beginner.. I wasn't willing to spend that much on a racquet.. besides.. I'm a freakin teenager.. I have no cash.. :p i should get a p/t job.. lol. my parents won't even cough up a penny. So i got the mp-55 instead.. which I love:) mp-77 just lighter and got the ti-mesh stuff.. which I dont know what for.

10. Iwan

Iwan Guest

well, I wanted to get the mp77, but I couldnt find a shop with one available :( they all had mp100 though, so I got that one instead. Then strung it at 24cross 22 vertical with BG 85 as recomended by some people on this board and.... initially it was really nice for drops and clears but whenever I do a smash, the racket would just send a jolt of vibration through my arms, I guess I was just too used to using the Isometric 900 which I think have a bigger sweetspot which allowed me to smash at a higher point.

But anyway, I've gotten used to the smaller sweetspot now and Im enjoying myself with this racket ;) dont feel the jolts anymore. oh also... i think this racket is more for control than smashing. maybe I feel so because I used to have my rackets tied at 24/24 which gave more power though.

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Iwan, the MP-100 is definitely a smasher's racquet. It takes quite a long time to come to terms with, but in the end this racquet does surprise...

12. Pete

Pete Guest

MP-100

I second Mag. The MP-100 is one heck of an attacking racquet to have at your disposal. As Mag mentioned, you do have to train harder to get use to it. Pump more irons, push ups, wrist curls . . . you name it to strengthen yourself.

13. Sony

Sony Guest

Re: MP-100

Iwan, MP100 is good for control play also. Having the right strings, tension, and technique with the MP100, one can be very effective at their badminton game. Keep the racquet at 24C/22M for longevity of the frame. Break-in the strings and you will love the racquet. Keeping practicing with the MP100 and you will come to love the racquet. Give yourself a few months to know the characteristics of the racquet. The smaller sweet spot means you can improve your technique to hit the sweetspot all the time.