User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will take a series of photos of the entire Alpha machine in operation. Stay tune!!!

More mods are coming too . This is baddie stringing paradise 101 .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pete. Awesome setup... Looking forward to seeing it first hand when I'm back in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When are you coming back? We get to have a couple of games together this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    Hey Pete. Awesome setup... Looking forward to seeing it first hand when I'm back in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The top side supports reached their rotation limit already: the black side supports can't be rotated. They are no longer at right angle to the frame. The next mod will allow more freedom of side support rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk View Post
    Nice pictures. The supports are positioned much better this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I realized Pete. I just wanted to note that because a lot of people learn from these forums and I've gotten PM's about this before so I wanted to point out an example for others to follow.

:O More mods? Do we get a preview or are you gonna make us waaaaaaait our impatient heads off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry Master FM, we have to wait with abated interest .

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk View Post
    Yes I realized Pete. I just wanted to note that because a lot of people learn from these forums and I've gotten PM's about this before so I wanted to point out an example for others to follow.

:O More mods? Do we get a preview or are you gonna make us waaaaaaait our impatient heads off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, the parts aren't retired yet . The LF support columns will require custom modification to in incorporate four external side arms and supports.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    last picture is kinda sad, all the retired parts that didnt make the cut prolly got enough to make another machine

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    When are you coming back? We get to have a couple of games together this time round.
    July 31st to August 7th. My Saturday (August long weekend) is completely booked due to my sister's wedding. Any other time should be good...but my "vacation" is quickly filling up...gonna be bz bz bz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's unfortunate. Hope the next time you will have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    July 31st to August 7th. My Saturday (August long weekend) is completely booked due to my sister's wedding. Any other time should be good...but my "vacation" is quickly filling up...gonna be bz bz bz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I tried to install the SPT side supports on the Alpha side arms. Unfortunately, SPT side supports don't fit in as well as I hope. Will try to modify them later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have gone back to 100% Alpha setup. The Alpha mount on LF turntable has an important issue. The track or groove of the LF turntable is too wide for the stud of the Alpha mount. As a result, the Alpha mount rotates during the last half of the cross tensioning process. This issue only turned up two weeks ago. I checked all the knobs. They were absolutely tight but the washer LF washer was bent. I will figure a way increase the diameter (width) of the Alpha mount to fit the wider groove of the LF turntable. Seriously, I wish someone will make a six-point mount for the LF/SW turntable.

Also, the proper way to clamp with the Alpha badminton fixed clamps is to position the badminton string half way between the top and the middle of the height of the teeth. It seems that the spacing between the teeths are narrower between the top-to-middle part. Also, that area get most of the diamond dust. The string slips if the bottom part is used for clamping.
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 09-05-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know that, Peter! I have always been wondering why the string slip every time I start. I had to tighten knob on the clamps every time I start on a job.

Also, the proper way to clamp with the Alpha badminton fixed clamps is to position the badminton string half way between the top and the middle of the height of the teeth. It seems that the spacing between the teeths are narrower between the top-to-middle part. Also, that area get most of the diamond dust. The string slips if the bottom part is used for clamping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't tighten the Alpha badminton clamps' knobs too much. A slight turn of those knobs will clamp the strings very tightly. If you feel and hear the strings being pinged, then turn the knobs counterclock wise a bit. Too much pinging of the strings will permanently damage the coating and core: nasty accident is bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75 View Post
    Good to know that, Peter! I have always been wondering why the string slip every time I start. I had to tighten knob on the clamps every time I start on a job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I won't after this.

Don't tighten the Alpha badminton clamps' knobs too much. A slight turn of those knobs will clamp the strings very tightly. If you feel and hear the strings being pinged, then turn the knobs counterclock wise a bit. Too much pinging of the strings will permanently damage the coating and core: nasty accident is bound to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am new to stringing

Are 12.00mm fixed clamps able to fit into Alpha Pioneer DC Plus? I am thinking to replace those with badminton clamps so I can clamp my crosses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ya4dang1 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to stringing

Are 12.00mm fixed clamps able to fit into Alpha Pioneer DC Plus? I am thinking to replace those with badminton clamps so I can clamp my crosses.
    If you are planning/thinking about replacing your fixed clamps with the Hybrid (tennis/squash/badminton) clamps http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/acatalog/Clamps.html (WA3342), they should fit your machine. I have an LF Quantum (basically an Alpha Pioneer DC Plus with a different dropweight tensioner) and have no problem switching to the Hybrid clamps. Highly recommended. I play both tennis and badminton regularly, and use these clamps to string my rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great.
    I am going to get a pair of WA3342 clamps. These are even cheaper than Yonex flying clamps o.O

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast