User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Baminton in Japan

    I would like to know more about the badminton scene in Japan, what is the club system like? etc. NTTeast, SANYO.

    Are the players hired to play for them or....?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Park Joo Bong As Coach, Japan Team Imprive Alot, That's For Sure.

    Other Than That, Dunno....

  3. #3
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaDEfan View Post
    I would like to know more about the badminton scene in Japan, what is the club system like? etc. NTTeast, SANYO.

    Are the players hired to play for them or....?
    They are part of company also..like Reiko, for example for Sanyo

  4. #4
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    They are part of company also..like Reiko, for example for Sanyo
    Haha it's funny how Yonex lost to Sanyo before.. in WD.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Those you mention are part of the company.
    They play badminton after they get off work...
    some belongs to HR department or Sales etc...
    if i remember correctly, Ogushio belongs to Sanyo Badminton deparment....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Park Joo Bong As Coach, Japan Team Imprive Alot, That's For Sure.

    Other Than That, Dunno....
    i assume u r tryin to say "IMPROVED" rite??

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    r they not fully play???

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tat weird..they stil can compete with ful time players oh..i surprise when i saw the pics they work..i tot all professional players is ful time players..

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is exactly why I am impressed with the Jap players. All of them are part time players and yet they have improved that much. Some of them in the top 10 ranking! They must be very passionate about the game and very discipline. If they go full time they can achieve more for sure.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ya..impressed..most china players are full times..

  11. #11
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The badminton training system in Japan is unique compare to other countries. The players don't train together as a TEAM on a regular basis unlike Malaysia,China,Indonesia etc.
    They are trained in their respective company setup as they are employed.They only train together when there is a tournament coming up.
    But i do believe the standard will be much better if they train with each other on a regular basis. However the problem is that they are lack of coaching staff that can handle all the players. But then their respective company have already a good training and coaching staffs.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last year world championship in Malaysia I was sitting behind 2 Japanese coaching and support staff. They set up video camera and link to their laptop. Also they key in statistics into their specific software for every stroke so that they can analyse their opponents and their own players.( Incidentally, they were analyzing KKK/TBH at that time. One match before KKK/TBH lost to the Jap pair. )

    They may have limited staffs and resource but whatever they do they do it very seriuosly and professionaly. This is a respectable trait.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Last year world championship in Malaysia I was sitting behind 2 Japanese coaching and support staff. They set up video camera and link to their laptop. Also they key in statistics into their specific software for every stroke so that they can analyse their opponents and their own players.( Incidentally, they were analyzing KKK/TBH at that time. One match before KKK/TBH lost to the Jap pair. )

    They may have limited staffs and resource but whatever they do they do it very seriuosly and professionaly. This is a respectable trait.
    That's so true.It's not just about what resources are available;it's about how effectively they are used.
    You look at CHN;not only do they have all the resources but the coaches are meticulous in identifying winning factors, in both badminton and non-badminton ways.But even with such advantages, there's no sure way they will win titles now.It means they have less room for progress.
    You look at BAM.Even with all the resources,there's a lot of wastage because the decision makers are unclear in their directions.The coaches don't give the players who lost their matches early, video match duties;this should be standard, such a post-match loss task awaiting can drive their players to win if the difference between win/loss is marginal.Besides, video homework is a crucial part in match preparations to win.Coach notes is a poor substitute.In the old days when technology was still primitive, coach notes was considered advanced.The situation is now reversed and BAM haven't kept up with the times.The amazing thing is even with this wastage, BAM managed to produce MS and MD champions.Can you imagine how much more BAM can deliver if the management can clear their cobwebs?
    You look at INA.Their players have always been known for guts but limited stamina.When they decided to hire an AUS trainer to build up the players' physical,Sony, for instance, can last long enough to win back-to-back SS titles, even taking out top CHN MS like BCL and CJ consecutively,on half tank.I hope INA continue to invest in physical trainers;that's their main shortcoming.When they fix that,the titles will follow.INA has enough quality in quantity to lead badminton.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    That's so true.It's not just about what resources are available;it's about how effectively they are used.
    You look at CHN;not only do they have all the resources but the coaches are meticulous in identifying winning factors, in both badminton and non-badminton ways.But even with such advantages, there's no sure way they will win titles now.It means they have less room for progress.
    You look at BAM.Even with all the resources,there's a lot of wastage because the decision makers are unclear in their directions.The coaches don't give the players who lost their matches early, video match duties;this should be standard, such a post-match loss task awaiting can drive their players to win if the difference between win/loss is marginal.Besides, video homework is a crucial part in match preparations to win.Coach notes is a poor substitute.In the old days when technology was still primitive, coach notes was considered advanced.The situation is now reversed and BAM haven't kept up with the times.The amazing thing is even with this wastage, BAM managed to produce MS and MD champions.Can you imagine how much more BAM can deliver if the management can clear their cobwebs?
    You look at INA.Their players have always been known for guts but limited stamina.When they decided to hire an AUS trainer to build up the players' physical,Sony, for instance, can last long enough to win back-to-back SS titles, even taking out top CHN MS like BCL and CJ consecutively,on half tank.I hope INA continue to invest in physical trainers;that's their main shortcoming.When they fix that,the titles will follow.INA has enough quality in quantity to lead badminton.
    Agree with all your points. Malaysia has good talents but BAM has been facing leadership and management issues since years ago. Unless BAM and their coaches improve the management and leadership, MAS will keep producing inconsistent results. I feel pity for the players.

    I think Baminton in Japan has vast room for improvement too. If they can attract a few more talented coaches to form a bigger coaching team to take care of their young talents, they can be a strong force to be reckon with. Japanese players are disipline and have strong fighting spirit. These are already good ingredients for success.

  15. #15
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Their system of analysing the match is very precise. I've gone thru few session on how they do it. The software and the stats is just amazing. How many secs per rally/shots made, backhand percentage , forehand percentage etc.. of course this is the more technical issues. But i do believe that don't underestimate small matters. They also sat down with the players and tell them what went wrong.. where to improve etc. I think that the software is better than the coaches as times. Its a little boost of knowledge and feedback that the coaches can't do.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    jpn
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NIPPON(japan) league offical website
    sorry,Japanese only,not English.
    http://www.badminton-league.jp/team/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Similar Threads

  1. Baminton training in shah alam
    By nazreeevo8 in forum Malaysia Coaching
    Replies: 0
    : 03-06-2012, 11:54 PM
  2. indoor Baminton court
    By kinkikids in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 1
    : 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
  3. Looking for baminton club
    By David Wu in forum China / Hong Kong
    Replies: 2
    : 01-17-2010, 03:12 AM
  4. The Suffix of Baminton 's brand : ex
    By yo8250 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 11-01-2004, 09:59 PM
  5. the benefits of baminton camps???
    By Aotis in forum General Forum
    Replies: 13
    : 07-24-2003, 11:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •