Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. gaDEfan

gaDEfan Regular Member

I would like to know more about the badminton scene in Japan, what is the club system like? etc. NTTeast, SANYO.

Are the players hired to play for them or....?

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Park Joo Bong As Coach, Japan Team Imprive Alot, That's For Sure.

Other Than That, Dunno....

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    They are part of company also..like Reiko, for example for Sanyo

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Haha it's funny how Yonex lost to Sanyo before.. in WD.

5. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    Those you mention are part of the company.
    They play badminton after they get off work...
    some belongs to HR department or Sales etc...
    if i remember correctly, Ogushio belongs to Sanyo Badminton deparment....

6. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i assume u r tryin to say "IMPROVED" rite?? :eek::p:D

7. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    r they not fully play???

8. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    tat weird..they stil can compete with ful time players oh..i surprise when i saw the pics they work..i tot all professional players is ful time players..

9. victory

victory Regular Member

That is exactly why I am impressed with the Jap players. All of them are part time players and yet they have improved that much. Some of them in the top 10 ranking! They must be very passionate about the game and very discipline. If they go full time they can achieve more for sure.

10. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    ya..impressed..most china players are full times..

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The badminton training system in Japan is unique compare to other countries. The players don't train together as a TEAM on a regular basis unlike Malaysia,China,Indonesia etc.
    They are trained in their respective company setup as they are employed.They only train together when there is a tournament coming up.
    But i do believe the standard will be much better if they train with each other on a regular basis. However the problem is that they are lack of coaching staff that can handle all the players. But then their respective company have already a good training and coaching staffs.

12. victory

victory Regular Member

Last year world championship in Malaysia I was sitting behind 2 Japanese coaching and support staff. They set up video camera and link to their laptop. Also they key in statistics into their specific software for every stroke so that they can analyse their opponents and their own players.( Incidentally, they were analyzing KKK/TBH at that time. One match before KKK/TBH lost to the Jap pair. )

They may have limited staffs and resource but whatever they do they do it very seriuosly and professionaly. This is a respectable trait.

yf19-sama and alien9113 like this.
  13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's so true.It's not just about what resources are available;it's about how effectively they are used.
    You look at CHN;not only do they have all the resources but the coaches are meticulous in identifying winning factors, in both badminton and non-badminton ways.But even with such advantages, there's no sure way they will win titles now.It means they have less room for progress.
    You look at BAM.Even with all the resources,there's a lot of wastage because the decision makers are unclear in their directions.The coaches don't give the players who lost their matches early, video match duties;this should be standard, such a post-match loss task awaiting can drive their players to win if the difference between win/loss is marginal.Besides, video homework is a crucial part in match preparations to win.Coach notes is a poor substitute.In the old days when technology was still primitive, coach notes was considered advanced.The situation is now reversed and BAM haven't kept up with the times.The amazing thing is even with this wastage, BAM managed to produce MS and MD champions.Can you imagine how much more BAM can deliver if the management can clear their cobwebs?
    You look at INA.Their players have always been known for guts but limited stamina.When they decided to hire an AUS trainer to build up the players' physical,Sony, for instance, can last long enough to win back-to-back SS titles, even taking out top CHN MS like BCL and CJ consecutively,on half tank.I hope INA continue to invest in physical trainers;that's their main shortcoming.When they fix that,the titles will follow.INA has enough quality in quantity to lead badminton.

14. victory

victory Regular Member

Agree with all your points. Malaysia has good talents but BAM has been facing leadership and management issues since years ago. Unless BAM and their coaches improve the management and leadership, MAS will keep producing inconsistent results. I feel pity for the players.

I think Baminton in Japan has vast room for improvement too. If they can attract a few more talented coaches to form a bigger coaching team to take care of their young talents, they can be a strong force to be reckon with. Japanese players are disipline and have strong fighting spirit. These are already good ingredients for success.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Their system of analysing the match is very precise. I've gone thru few session on how they do it. The software and the stats is just amazing. How many secs per rally/shots made, backhand percentage , forehand percentage etc.. of course this is the more technical issues. But i do believe that don't underestimate small matters. They also sat down with the players and tell them what went wrong.. where to improve etc. I think that the software is better than the coaches as times. Its a little boost of knowledge and feedback that the coaches can't do.

16. nf611

nf611 Regular Member

Attached Files:

17. Master

Master Regular Member

Badminton Unlimited Episode 198 featuring Japan Strong Showing

duchoainguyen likes this.
  18. kurako

kurako Regular Member

These are the results of Day 1 (November 4, 2017) of the 2017 Badminton J/S League. Day 2 will follow later this week. I was tempted to post the results on Momota's thread... but the J/S League is not, strictly speaking, Momota's story.

upload_2017-11-6_22-1-23.png

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  19. kurako

kurako Regular Member

This is what the tournament table looks like after day 1 (November 4, 2017).

upload_2017-11-6_22-6-14.png

samkool and Cunning Linguist like this.
  20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Nice work, mate. I was tempted to just post the results, but when you said you were translating yourself, I knew you'd come up with something more presentable. :D
    Naturally, I've been searching the web for some footage of the Saishunkan - Yonex matchup, but to no avail. 3 cracking games apparently and maybe already a little hint towards the championship. Remains to be seen if Unisys and Hokuto can beat Yonex 3-0, especially on the 2nd doubles position.
    The last matchup of the season is of course Saishunkan vs Unisys (well done, organizers), and it's quite possible Fukushima/Hirota vs Takamatsu and Yamaguchi vs Okuhara will determine the champion. Need. Streaming. Service. Now. :mad:

stanleyfm and kurako like this.