User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 29 of 29
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    P. Gopi Chand.

    By V.V. Subrahmanyam
    59 minutes ago


    HYDERABAD: India's chief National badminton coach P. Gopi Chand says he always knew that his job was not going to be a `happy-happy' affair and there would be hiccups somewhere down the line.

    "It is a tough job but I was prepared to work," he said in a chat with The Hindu on the sidelines of the on-going National camp at Gachibowli Indoor Stadium here.

    "The coach's job is to keep filtering the talent available to produce a champion. I don't see any reason why we should not produce a champion performer in the next few months," remarked Gopi.

    Putting a system in place


    "We are trying to put in place a system which many of us are not used to. So there are bound to be some dissenting voices about the style of functioning or the training pattern," he said.

    Without naming the `disgruntled' trio of National champion Chetan Anand and the National doubles champion Jwala Gutta and Shruthi Kurien, Gopi said he was not going to discuss the pros and cons of some players' decision to skip the camp.

    "Whoever is attending the camp, it is my job to take care of them and it is the BAI's job to take care of those who are not there," he said quite frankly.

    The BAI diktat that anyone skipping the camp would not be eligible for selection for the Indian team for any international event, still stands. "It was a decision conveyed by the BAI chief B.K. Varma to all the players during his last visit," reminded Gopi.

    Collective decision


    However, the National coach reiterated that the collective decision of the BAI to focus more on the camp than on participation in any tournaments till June 9 was primarily to enhance the endurance levels of the Indian shuttlers.

    "It is not the question whether someone is talented or not. Endurance and physical fitness of the highest level are equally important to be successful in the international circuit," he said.

    Gopi also said that Indian shuttlers would compete in a series of international events, starting with the Sudirman Cup, Thailand and the Philippines Opens, Chinese Masters and the World Championships, till November this year. "So, it is not as if we are against the players being given international exposure," he added.

    Gopi signed off saying "with Indonesia's Hadi Idris doing an excellent job in the camp, I am optimistic of better results in the coming days".

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default answers

    HYDERABAD: India's chief National badminton coach P. Gopi Chand says he
    always knew that his job was not going to be a `happy-happy' affair and there
    would be hiccups somewhere down the line.
    he is very right for he never want anyone here after to perform better than
    him for India !!! and he is never a player who has the good wills from the indian people!!!
    "It is a tough job but I was prepared to work," he said in a chat with The Hindu
    on the sidelines of the on-going National camp at Gachibowli Indoor Stadium
    here.
    yes, indeed a tough job, here he has to manipulate and play dirty with all
    players..!!!or he has to vacate the gachboli stadium with no coach to his
    academy!!!
    "The coach's job is to keep filtering the talent available to produce a
    champion. I don't see any reason why we should not produce a champion
    erformer in the next few months," remarked Gopi.
    "the coach job" is advantages for him to kill more talented players. .now he has
    spoilt chetan, jwala and shruti and many other players career, if he was not a
    coach then where he gets this chance to do so???
    Putting a system in place
    put all indian players in a noose!!! for he knows nothign about sysytem, if he
    knows why he fought endlessly with BAI 10 years ago?
    "We are trying to put in place a system which many of us are not used to. So
    there are bound to be some dissenting voices about the style of functioning or
    the training pattern," he said.
    they are in fact is trying to suppress more talented players in this so called "
    system" it is not one person is voicing, it is all player's voice. that's why non
    of them has attended the camp .gopi knows it very well...that's why he begs all
    players to come to his so called"camp" where he can finish them in one
    stroke!!!
    Without naming the `disgruntled' trio of National champion Chetan Anand and
    the National doubles champion Jwala Gutta and Shruthi Kurien, Gopi said he
    was not going to discuss the pros and cons of some players' decision to skip
    the camp.
    he dare not to discuss these trio national champions for he knows what they
    have stood is right cause ...he has committed the terrific crime against the
    players by helping BAI to deny these national's request to send entries ,and
    how can a criminal speaks about his crime in front of the camera???
    "Whoever is attending the camp, it is my job to take care of them and it is the
    BAI's job to take care of those who are not there," he said quite frankly.
    we all know how” he takes care of the players in his camp” that's why all top
    players have not come and he is playing with juniors in the summer camp..
    time pass..it is not BAI who takes care of those players who wont attend the
    camp..it is gopi who wanted to see that with BAI's hands how this player's
    career is finished so that he keeps his hands clean all times...
    The BAI diktat that anyone skipping the camp would not be eligible for
    selection for the Indian team for any international event, still stands. "It was a
    ecision conveyed by the BAI chief B.K. Varma to all the players during his
    last visit," reminded Gopi.
    verma and his co can do nothing when gopi blackmailed them.. gopi was a
    player who has been also tortured by these very same people when he was a
    player.. and gopi is the one who abused them with the most filthy words
    available 10 years ago...gopi is aware all activities of verma and cos in this
    association. .and so gopi knows the best way to finish a player's career as
    once he has experienced personally. .the pain maybe still lasting in his mind
    even after 10 years ..if BAI doesnot change( gopithe decsion so are we...,
    gopi are you listening????
    Collective decision
    “gopi's personal decision” . surely .not collective one. .for one of BAI'S official was telling so
    any peoples , of course behind gopi that they have nothing to do with these
    players, it is entire gopi's decision.. they canot do anything...may i know why?
    what magic gopi has spelled on them?....pls find out..i am sure soon it will be
    know...
    However, the National coach reiterated that the collective decision of the BAI
    to focus more on the camp than on participation in any tournaments till June 9
    was primarily to enhance the endurance levels of the Indian shuttlers.
    gopi is lying...his main aim is to see these players canot qualify olympics for
    the country...
    "It is not the question whether someone is talented or not. Endurance and
    physical fitness of the highest level are equally important to be successful in
    the international circuit," he said.
    Then why 10 years ago gopi refuse to attend this kind of camp? Was he mad that time ? if 10 years ago he realized its importance he would have won as many tittles as possible…maybe this is the reason that gopi did not get a smell of Olympics madal…?????
    Gopi also said that Indian shuttlers would compete in a series of international
    events, starting with the Sudirman Cup, Thailand and the Philippines Opens,
    Chinese Masters and the World Championships, till November this year. "So,
    it is not as if we are against the players being given international exposure,"
    he added.
    After all players ranking fallen behind..then they can go for more exposures..i am sure gopi will agree…he served his aim..then what else????
    Gopi signed off saying "with Indonesia's Hadi Idris doing an excellent job in
    the camp, I am optimistic of better results in the coming days".[/quote]
    yes, in this year , these juniors without any rankings in the world will win the world cups for gopi…provided gopi allows them to win…soon gopi will put their name in the main draw…against weaker players.. gopi knows all ways to make a player either to get better draw to win or to get the toughest blow…..


    finally I want to tell the world that we are equally firm in our decision. .we are not fighting for ourselves but also for tomorrow’s player…we will play and continue to play for India , we are the people brought the bronze medals for India…we will continue to ake India proud of us. .bad days are short. .future is awaiting for us.. we owe India ..we are ready to do anything for her..non can stop us.. JAI HIND!!!!!


  3. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,184
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Descriptive language used is rather inappropriate.

    Thread closed.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BAI should quick ment its way..

    dear players,

    with ongoing issues in india, rosilin's action to his association certainly given indian players the confidence to do with their association..

    media: indian media have coming up with lots supports for the players..tv channels interviews are telecasted frequently..newspaper carries the news daily in support of the players..

    govt organizations: all govt organizations have given positive signals to the players..expressed their willingness to support them..

    Badminton association: is cracking with one of their executive member bombarding their other two executive memebers for doing wrong decision by themselves without concerning the other members..it is said that only the association's president vk verma and gopi are responsible for damaging player's world rankings in this olympic qualifying year..

    so the good thing will happen to the indian players, watch this page..

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default all media are against gopi's ruthless behavious..

    players,

    this time the indian media have played an important role to support the players..gopi failed in all his plans to stop these players from playing the olympics for the country..

    gopi is term as turn coat, dictator, spolisports, manipulator and villain of the badminton now in india..he should be stripped with all awards he has got from the govt..his ruthless behavious towards all players will ruin his own career as the national chief coach..

    he has committed the big ever crime against the badminton..i hope the world badminton federation is listening? i hope the world badminton federation should come out in support the players instead of gopi who has tarnished the game of badminton...

    i hope mr. panch gunalan is watching this column..

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default news item/indian express

    Jwala erupts: I don’t mind quitting, or relocating

    Anupama Bagri
    Posted online: Monday, May 07, 2007 at 0000 hrs IST
    Kolkata, May 6
    With national men’s champion Chetan Anand and national women’s doubles champions Jwala Gutta and Shruti Kurien not turning up for the open trials in progress at Hyderabad, it seems the trio will not be travelling to Scotland for the June 10-17 Sudirman Cup. The Badminton Association of India (BAI) had clearly stated that participating in the open trials was the only way the trio could make it to the Scotland event.
    Asked if the federation would take any action against the shuttlers, BAI president told The Indian Express: “The trials are on till Monday. We’ll take a decision after that.” But Jwala told this paper that the trio will not be appearing for the trials.
    “We haven’t got a proper letter for the trials. The letters weren’t even addressed to me. And why is the BAI questioning only Chetan and me? There are players from Bangalore and Maharashtra who haven’t turned up for the trials,” accuses a livid Jwala.
    But wouldn’t they lose out on participating in such a prestigious event? “When the team for the Sudirman Cup had been selected last month, why talk of conducting trials now? This is a grave injustice to us. I’m waiting for the sports ministry to react. As players we have every right to play tournaments and if they think I’m wrong, I’m ready to quit badminton. It’s an individual sport and if I don’t think about my career, who will?” fumes Jwala.
    The shuttler came down heavily on chief national coach Pullela Gopichand saying: “Gopi should know how important these tournaments are. As a player he also skipped camps and played tournaments. And if our performance on the European circuit is the reason why we should be training in the camp and miss the two Super Series in Singapore and Indonesia, I want to remind them that it is no shame losing to the No 2 or No 3 player in the first round when only the top 32 in the world take part in the Super Series now. Gopi also feels players should not play continuously on the tour. As the national coach, he shouldn’t be making such irresponsible statements.”
    But isn’t it the federation that makes the decisions? “I don’t think so. (VK) Verma has been around for 10 years but why is it that the problems have cropped up only since Gopi became the national coach? We thought with Gopi at the helm, badminton would go forward but it’s very sad that it hasn’t turned out that way. I know of players who have gone on holiday on the government’s money. Gopi is well aware of the rules, so why did he allow some players to go for six-star events knowing fully well that they wouldn’t qualify. Badminton is being abused in the media,” said Jwala.
    The shuttler lashed out at the BAI, accusing it of “double standards” and “harassing players.” Said Jwala: “For the last one year Chetan, Shruti and I have been travelling at our own expenses. We have written several times to the federation saying our aim is not to look at 2010 but the 2008 Beijing Olympics. We are ready to pay out of our own pockets and travel. I’m not asking the federation to fund my trip. All I’m asking them is to send my entries.”
    Currently ranked No 25 in world doubles with Shruti as partner, Jwala says missing out on Super Series events will affect their rankings and if they slip out of the top-32 in the world, they will have to go through the qualifying grind. She adds she’ll go to any extent to maintain her rankings. Even if that means relocating to any other country. “For the past one year I’m being harassed by the federation. They have kept questioning my commitment despite me performing well. I was ranked 153 in world doubles last August and now I’m ranked 25. If this is not performance, what is? I’m 23, and they are telling me I’m past my prime. I’ve taken enough of this injustice and if I’m not allowed to play tournaments, then Chetan and I might relocate.”


  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome to Singapore, if the top Indian WD pair is thinking of moving. I think Jiang/Li would love to have a solid pair to spar with.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttayelan
    We have written several times to the federation saying our aim is not to look at 2010 but the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
    I think this is a very selfish statement by the players. They represent the BAI, not own the BAI. They don't have the right to be telling BAI what to do. The way I see it, BAI thinks that qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics but not being able to do well is nothing compared to being able to beat the top players by 2010. Sometimes players can't see the reality of things and don't have the necessary skills to do a long-term plan that is better for the country than a short lived glory.

    Having said that, I think there is miscommunications and a lack of understanding between the players and the coaches. The players are satisfied being ranked 25 in the world and thinks that one fine day they might just topple the top seeds by constantly playing. Whereas the coach thinks that they should intensify their training by first getting the right physical standards to endure long hours of high quality technical training. Personally, I think the Indians are never going to break through the ranks of the Chinese players if they think they can call the shots against the head coach simply by being ranked 25 in the world. That goes to show just how arrogant they are.

    I just watched the Singapore Open and saw Simon getting trashed by Lin Dan, sad to say I was embarassed as an Indonesian by how Simon played. He couldn't even keep up with Lin Dan's pace. Heck Lin Dan didn't even play seriously at all through-out the game. Even at the last few points of the second set, Lin Dan was just smashing hard without caring too much about his precision. Goes to show how much physical difference between players affect the result of the game and goes to show why Gopi wanted the physical training camp.

    To me, preparing the Indian national team for a good fight in 2010 sounds like a more realistic target than winning the Olympics by 2008, or even doing well in the Olympics in 2008. Ofcourse, the players are not even thinking about winning the Olympics in 2008. They probably just want to qualify and compete in that prestigeous event to have a story to tell about how hard they trained and competed in the event and gave a good fight, the best they can and all.

    By the way, let me clarify, I'm not in support of Gopi as I don't know him. Maybe he is a bad coach, I'll give you that. But what I am seeing here is that the players aren't even planning out their targets realistically with the objective of winning against the rest of the world. It seems to me like they've stooped low to wanting to at least be ranked somewhere above the number 30, be in a prestigeous event to "honour" their country and maybe have a story to tell their kids and grandkids etc.

    Ofcourse I maybe wrong about all this. So prove me wrong, show me some facts giving proof that the Indian players are seriously planning to win some major events against the likes of Lin Dan and Peter Gade. Maybe give me their 6 months training plan, what they see their weaknesses are, how they should train to improve, what kind of a game do they want to be playing in 6 months time. Even better, take it to a one year plan, what do they plan to achieve within one year. Why do they want to achieve that. What are they going to do to realize their plans? Etc.

    Sorry for the lack of support and irritated response. I feel that we're doing Gopi and BAI an "injustice" by bad mouthing them without seriously seeing some solid proof and hearing real news of what's going on in the players' camp. Heck, we don't even have news about what Gopi thinks. Are you filtering them out from us so that we'd support you?
    Last edited by Iwan; 05-08-2007 at 12:31 AM.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    I think this is a very selfish statement by the players. They represent the BAI, not own the BAI. They don't have the right to be telling BAI what to do. The way I see it, BAI thinks that qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics but not being able to do well is nothing compared to being able to beat the top players by 2010. Sometimes players can't see the reality of things and don't have the necessary skills to do a long-term plan that is better for the country than a short lived glory.

    Having said that, I think there is miscommunications and a lack of understanding between the players and the coaches. The players are satisfied being ranked 25 in the world and thinks that one fine day they might just topple the top seeds by constantly playing. Whereas the coach thinks that they should intensify their training by first getting the right physical standards to endure long hours of high quality technical training. Personally, I think the Indians are never going to break through the ranks of the Chinese players if they think they can call the shots against the head coach simply by being ranked 25 in the world. That goes to show just how arrogant they are.

    I just watched the Singapore Open and saw Simon getting trashed by Lin Dan, sad to say I was embarassed as an Indonesian by how Simon played. He couldn't even keep up with Lin Dan's pace. Heck Lin Dan didn't even play seriously at all through-out the game. Even at the last few points of the second set, Lin Dan was just smashing hard without caring too much about his precision. Goes to show how much physical difference between players affect the result of the game and goes to show why Gopi wanted the physical training camp.

    To me, preparing the Indian national team for a good fight in 2010 sounds like a more realistic target than winning the Olympics by 2008, or even doing well in the Olympics in 2008. Ofcourse, the players are not even thinking about winning the Olympics in 2008. They probably just want to qualify and compete in that prestigeous event to have a story to tell about how hard they trained and competed in the event and gave a good fight, the best they can and all.

    By the way, let me clarify, I'm not in support of Gopi as I don't know him. Maybe he is a bad coach, I'll give you that. But what I am seeing here is that the players aren't even planning out their targets realistically with the objective of winning against the rest of the world. It seems to me like they've stooped low to wanting to at least be ranked somewhere above the number 30, be in a prestigeous event to "honour" their country and maybe have a story to tell their kids and grandkids etc.

    Ofcourse I maybe wrong about all this. So prove me wrong, show me some facts giving proof that the Indian players are seriously planning to win some major events against the likes of Lin Dan and Peter Gade. Maybe give me their 6 months training plan, what they see their weaknesses are, how they should train to improve, what kind of a game do they want to be playing in 6 months time. Even better, take it to a one year plan, what do they plan to achieve within one year. Why do they want to achieve that. What are they going to do to realize their plans? Etc.

    Sorry for the lack of support and irritated response. I feel that we're doing Gopi and BAI an "injustice" by bad mouthing them without seriously seeing some solid proof and hearing real news of what's going on in the players' camp. Heck, we don't even have news about what Gopi thinks. Are you filtering them out from us so that we'd support you?
    dear iwan:

    the players of india is asking the association to forward their entries to these two super series, the association didnot do it and also didnot reply them as why they didnot sent it..
    to organize the camps during these two tournaments is not right..remember very few indians are able to hold world ranking 25th..for in india is not the country produce more players like china, malaysia and indonesia..
    to hold these camp doenot help for all indian players have to study as well as playing unlike china...under this kind of condition, the long term camp doesnot serve the purpose..
    the national chief coach is the one who has started to skip the camp and having his own coaching separately..
    now he is forcing the players to attend camp..why and how?
    he is denying the fundamental right of the players by not sending their entries..he is misleading the media , dragging the issue to camp while the main issue is not camp but entry issue..

    the indian players have observed rosilin's action..they left no other choice but to sue them ...just wait..
    and watch..

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by cheongsa
    Welcome to Singapore, if the top Indian WD pair is thinking of moving. I think Jiang/Li would love to have a solid pair to spar with.
    thanks, pls send me their contactnos..we donot mind to relocate..

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttayelan
    dear iwan:

    the players of india is asking the association to forward their entries to these two super series, the association didnot do it and also didnot reply them as why they didnot sent it..
    to organize the camps during these two tournaments is not right..remember very few indians are able to hold world ranking 25th..for in india is not the country produce more players like china, malaysia and indonesia.. to hold these camp doenot help for all indian players have to study as well as playing unlike china...under this kind of condition, the long term camp doesnot serve the purpose..
    the national chief coach is the one who has started to skip the camp and having his own coaching separately..
    now he is forcing the players to attend camp..why and how?
    he is denying the fundamental right of the players by not sending their entries..he is misleading the media , dragging the issue to camp while the main issue is not camp but entry issue..

    the indian players have observed rosilin's action..they left no other choice but to sue them ...just wait..
    and watch..
    Maybe BAI and Gopi wants to change that? There have been players who had to study and still perform very well at the same time. Some examples include Peter Rasmussen and Bonsak Ponsana. And these two are masters degree holders if I'm not wrong. If the players can afford to train and compete at their own expense, then I believe that studying is an option that they chose instead of going full-time training. If this is so then you can't really complain that India can't produce world champions because the players have to study, since they do have the option of not studying.

    The issue is not the camp? I think the issue is very much the camp. If BAI allows certain players to go. What of those currently in the camp? Will they stay or will they also follow suit and go at their own expense, leaving BAI with a foiled plan? A plan that they have constructed for Indian players to start competing against the top players around the world. The only reason the players have for wanting to join the super series is to join the Olympics 2008, in which I'd say they have no chance of getting to the quarter finals at all even. And to do so they'd give up a training plan geared to help them beat the top players by 2010? Seriously, the players are acting rather rebellious.

    You can find the contact number for Singapore Badminton Association on their website:
    http://www.singaporebadminton.org.sg

  12. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,184
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttayelan

    gopi is term as turn coat, dictator, spolisports, manipulator and villain of the badminton now in india..he should be stripped with all awards he has got from the govt..his ruthless behavious towards all players will ruin his own career as the national chief coach..

    he has committed the big ever crime against the badminton..i hope the world badminton federation is listening? i hope the world badminton federation should come out in support the players instead of gopi who has tarnished the game of badminton...

    ..
    Inappropriate language

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. BWF-SSF Day 4 - SF - Quick Pics!!
    By bluejeff in forum Super Series Final 2010
    Replies: 8
    : 01-17-2011, 04:36 AM
  2. I need help ! Quick
    By LD rules! in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 16
    : 10-02-2010, 07:59 AM
  3. I Need Help Quick!
    By Noob848 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 10-23-2005, 01:26 AM
  4. need some quick help
    By molid in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 10-03-2005, 04:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •