Danish Team Champion 2007

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by Laybourn, May 7, 2007.

1. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi everybody

On the 17th of april we became the Danish Team Champ with my club KMB (Kastrup MagleBy). We won the final against Greve 4-3 after a fantastic final golden set. We play 6 matches in one match (1 og each event and 2 mens singles) and the final ended 3-3, and had to be desided on a golden set. A golden set is 1 set to 21 and the winner wins the match. The mixdouble was chosen among the teams, and the match was between Mathias Boe and Donna Kellog of Greve, and Jonas Rasmussen and Helle Nielsen of my team KMB. The golden set ended 25-23 and there where matchpoint to both team, is was so crazy and the 2000 people in the stadium was standing up most of the time.

It really was a great experience for me to win the gold, something a always have dreamed about as a little boy. Last year a played for Vaerloese, and wanted to move to a bigger club, and one of the reasons was that i wanted to play for the gold instead of just surviving in the bottom of the league. My dream came true...

On my webpage i have uploaded some new pictures from the final, you can see them on www.laybourn.net

Take care everybody

Thomas
    PS! My injury in my shoulder is much better now, so i will be 100% ready for the Sudirman Cup in June! I can´t wait.......

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

wow, congratulations TL, yeah, we read about your win in badzine.

i have 1 question though, when you say that the mixed doubles was chosen as the golden set, how is this done? just getting both teams to agree which event to go for? surely that's a bit unfair for the team that lost the event in the first place.

3. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi Dreamzz

The golden set event is chosen this way:

The team who is on away ground gets to choose one categorie away forst, and then the other team choose their event away, and again the 1st team chooses one event away, and then the team on homeground gets to choose between the two remaining events. The chosen event will play the golden set.

Example on the golden set in our final:
    KMB removed mens singles
    Greve removed ladies doubles
    KMB removed ladies single
    Greve removed mens doubles

Then the mixdouble was chosen...

Thomas

4. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

In the golden set the teams can chose from every player on the team. In this case Michael Lamp played the mix in the "normal" match and was substituted by Mathias Boe in the golden set. Jonas and Helle played the mixdouble in the "normal" match and won their match, so our coach Michael Søgaard chose them again...

Thomas

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

oh i see, thanks for the explanation. wow, michael's your coach eh, no wonder you guys are doing so well!

why don't you suggest they have the same format for the sudirman cup?
    :)

6. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Sorry Mr Laybourn I am supporting Indonesia for Sudirman cup.....what do u think is ur chance against Nova-Lily........from ur own point of view??

7. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hmm can we beat Nova-Lily??? Yes i think we can becasue we usually have good matches against them. One off the reasons is that we dont play the same type of game as many off the other pairs, that makes it difficult for them to play against us.

I really look forward to the Sudirman Cup, and hopefully we will beat Indonesia in the group stages:)

Regards

Thomas

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    TL, that's good to hear. Denmark have not been doing as well as usual. Badminton is missing you!

9. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hopefully i will be ready to fight for Denamark again very soon, we really miss some good results but don´t worry we will come back...:)

We all want to train even harder and give more time to badminton, so i really think our level will go up again in the future.

We will see at the Sudirman Cup what our level is at the moment.

Thomas

10. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Sorry Thom I am supporting Indonesia and I hope Lily-Nova win...nothing against you but Badminton is the only thing Indonesia can be proud off....well good luck to you in Sudriman cup and looking forward to that....I'll be watching in Glasgow cos I live in Durham......but as an Indonesian I'll support Nova-Lily....well regards to Peter Gade he is always my favorite.....but as u know as an Indo guy I'll have to support Indonesia and I hope Indonesia wins.....so do u think It would be an easy game against Nova-Lily?? I mean as far as I know Nova-Lily are vicotrious in most encounters...

regards......

Well I hope Indonesia can beat you fair and square....I'll be looking forward to that......no hard feelings Thomas

11. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    Hi TL,
    I really love the way you play your game.. Especially how you outwit the other team. Last time you were here in the phillipines and you played for the MVP cup. I hope I can see you again playing in the Phillipine open.. I'm a BIG fan...
    ....VAL

12. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Hi, Thomas... I agree with kidosetiwan. Yes, as a Malaysian i need to support my homeground player and i'm sure they need our support too just like your country will support you and the Denmark team also. I hope Malaysia can win and i wish all the best and good luck to you... Me also don't have hard feelings against you, Thomas...