Can someone help me with racket recommendations?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Stanli, May 7, 2007.

1. Stanli

Stanli New Member

Quoting from the pinned thread:
    If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    4. How much money do you want to spend?

1. I'm nearing the end of high school, and I plan to play somewhat in college so I'm somewhere in the middle.
    2. I'll ignore this cuz I have more specific needs in a racket
    3. Durability is nice. My MP-77 has suffered much abuse but hasn't even broken yet.
    4. I'll probably want to buy a used racket, but I definitely don't want to spend over 100. I may be able to borrow a racket though, so I'd rather have some idea of what my "dream racket" is, instead of not even knowing.

The feel of the racket is very, very important to me, as is the grip. If I don't feel good and at the top of my game, I find I won't have the confidence to smash so I will focus more on placement. However, my friend has suggested (due to experience with me and my previous rackets) that I get decent power AND control from a racket that is flexible/medium, headlight?, and strung at medium tensions.

My friend bought a racket in China that I can't even seem to find online. It is a blue racket made by Bonny, and I think it says "V 131 Nimble". It doesn't even have an isometric head, and its head I BELIEVE is light. However, I can play defense very well and hit very hard with it. I have no access to this racket, however, so it would be appreciated if someone could tell me how flexible it is, how the weight is balanced, etc. so I could find another racket like it. OR if I'm lucky enough, someone will be able to tell me where to find one. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think that V 131 is discounued. Why not give Yonex Cab30ms a try. Demo one. Go to San Jose if you are in Bay area. There are clubs in LA, OC or SD area if you are in So Cal.

3. tengies

tengies Regular Member

student
    i reccomend you go get a nano power 8000 apacs

4. amenzza

amenzza Regular Member

student
    armortec is the way to go...
    great durability
    amazing power
    pretty good control
    head heavy (you might not like this but try one out)

i would recommend the armortec 500 or 700

both GREAT rackets, ive had both.... and sadly... both are now broken lol

5. Stanli

Stanli New Member

Haha wow, I've gotten such mixed answers! I'll take all of these into consideration - thanks!