MP-55

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TDotSmAsHer, Jan 14, 2002.

1. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Hrm.. I'd have to say... this is one hell of a racquet:) Best racquet I've ever played with.. (I've only played with some racquet that was given to me b4.. not sure what it is). I'm just a beginner-intermediate:p. Anyways.. took like 2 hours to get sweetspot. But finally got it and got some clears with that nice crisp pop sound:) My shoulder is hurting for some reason though.. not sure why. Maybe because I was putting in a lot of effort when I couldnt hit the sweetspot for first 2 hours. I tried swinging harder and harder.. but then when i did find it:) I easily got the birdie to the back of the court with ease. I love this racquet, good power, good control. Eventhough it is chipped in like 3 places... :( Oh yea... when I went to buy this racquet but when I found out if I had to wait 2 days to get it back, I took the one with the factory string instead... Paid the full price that normally you woulda had paid with BG-65 stringing :( I'm not sure what tension factory string is. Not my fault im impatient.. Neways.. I love this racquetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Peace.

2. jon

jon Guest

cool... how mucH?

3. TDotSmAsHer

138 canadian.. with tax + factory string.. not sure at what tension but its bg-65 i believe. It woulda been the same price if the store strung it with bg-65.. but as I said.. I didnt want to wait to try the racquet so i settled for factory string:p

4. Josh

Josh Guest

Where did you get the MP 55??

5. Jason

Jason Guest

ouch... dats expensive... i got my MP100s for about the same proce....

6. Spy

Spy Regular Member

student
    where did you get them jason

7. Pete

Pete Guest

Ja got his MP-100 from Taiwan. Good price.

8. TDotSmAsHer

! canadian?

9. TDotSmAsHer

Oh and this place was really close to me.. i think yo's or um sells for 125.. but thats like really far from where i am so gas money + time i paid 138 at browns heh. which is like 10 mins from my house

10. Jason

Jason Guest

yah.. they are a good price... but now I'm trying to figure out if they're made in taiwan or made in Japan

11. Spy

Spy Regular Member

student
    I'm just wondering...are racquets in Japan cheap? if not, shouldn't they be cheap?? This is because the racquets are made in Japan, and so the ppl there don't have to pay any import taxes or shipping fees etc. which should lower the price of the racquets. Any ideas?? :)

12. Jason

Jason Guest

i think they are cheaper in Japan.... and anywhere else on the Aisa pacific rim... cuz import prices are less there i think

13. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Production cost are high as Material and Labour will be way costlier! material has to be imported and then Labour and factory overheads! To own a factory of decent size in Japan will cost u hell a lot of money! It is not Alabama mate! It Is japan.

14. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    No, racquet prices like prices of anything you buy have to do with the cost of living in your region.
    If you live in a wealthy place such as Japan... then the majority of goods will be more expensive than if you buy it somewhere else.
    The MP50 I purchased cost me a shade over $150 Canadian, meanwhile I purchased an additional one for personal use while I did get a deal, it was $100 Canadian including strings and GST.
    And the MP55 is made in Japan. There is nothing indicating otherwise.
    When Yonex racquets are produced in Taiwan it is because A) it's a lower end product, so it would not be very smart for Yonex to produce them in Japan for export as it would raise the cost of production having to keep facilities in Japan running to produce something they will not profit very much on. B) any largely mass produced "special" "classic", or actual region specific editions are usually made in Taiwan. Also I have seen evidence that some racquets going to be distributed from Sunrise have been made in Taiwan, because of the absolutely massive quantities that Sunrise order's there's absolutely no way the Japanese factory alone could make all the required products for Sunrise, but that's just what I hear from someone reliable who works for Yonex (no names).
    shipping only affects price of the equipment you buy when you purchase online.
    Or if you know people in certain regions who can buy for you...
    Back in the day without the internet my generation purchased our racquets either at the stores, or had relatives to send them back from Asia. We did not add the price, or factor in shipping costs as when something comes from a relative it's a labour of love.

15. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    ok after reading Jason's post... No Offense.

You dont know the Japanese market well enough...

Did you have any idea that for a Muscle Power 100 in Japan, the retail cost is nearly $320 Canadian???
    Mean while in Canada the suggested retail price is $300 Canadian, but of course no retailers are stupid enough to **** the public, and their customers other wise they'd be out of business REAL fast. So we can get one here from an authorized dealer for $230-250 or so.

Did you also know that the MP50... (the MP55 in the rest of the world) retails in Japan for roughly $229 Canadian??? I bet you didnt... as I mentioned in my above posting... the mp55 in Canada can be had including strings from as low as $100-150... so when people actually start complaining about Canadian prices... they should learn just the way I did, we are actually pretty damn lucky. Again, this excessive price has to do with the cost of living in your respective region.
    Americans have it really good, coming into Canada and purchasing an mp100 or ti10 here (if you can find one). For $240 Canadian on an mp100 that is roughly $122USD and compared to what they pay over there... that's a steal.
    The cost of living in other Asian regions is lower, and combine that with the fact Yonex's largest distributor is located smack dab in Singapore....... its easy for them to flood their market directly, and make one awesome profit!!! while still saving the badminton players truck loads of money.
    If Yonex Canada, and USA would flood our markets with the IMO (in my opinion), better QC'd goods from Japan, that the prices here would certainly plunge, as it cost Yonex less/racquet to buy the equipment, and they can afford to lower the prices, and absolutely annihalate the competition in terms of racquet sales. Also you'd be able to find your equipment easier, the way the lucky bums in Singapore :p

16. Jason

Jason Guest

haha.. i kno i dun kno the jap market good enuff ^^".. dat's y it was only a guess ^^