Suitable racquet for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Athelete1234, May 8, 2007.

1. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Okay, so my armortec 500 broke recently, so I'm off to looking for a suitable replacement...

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    At peak season, I play 5 times a week, but for most of the year (10 months) I play twice a week. I consider myself to be serious, and I have been playing for over 5 years.

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I play a mix of styles, using powerful and accurate smashes, and deceptive reverse-slice dropshots to win. I would say that I'm 60% power, and 40% finesse. I play doubles, but I'm looking into going into singles. I play both the front and back well.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Performance all the way! But I want a racquet that will last me for a while, I don't want to buy a new racquet every 2 years cause one broke.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    Doesn't matter.

On a side note, I prefer head heavy racquets, and I'm an "arm" player.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

just get another. i love the feel of the armortec, powerful. and that way, you dont have to switch.

3. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    If you get the chance, try out the Nanospeed 9000 / Armortec 900 if you want to get a racket with a stiffer shaft than the AT500.

4. Yfever

Yfever Regular Member

AT700 would be the practical & logical choice since your previous racket is the AT500. it would be easier for you to adjust to it coz the 700 & 500 are very similar in all characteristics. the only difference is the 700 is slightly stiffer & has a more solid feel. its an excellent all-around racket. ive been using my 700s for almost 4 years now. by the way, my comments/opinions are based on comparisons between AT700 3U/G5 & AT500 3U/G4 & G5.:)