I need some help choosing a good raquet (NS6000/7700 AT,MP)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CrabOnCrack, May 9, 2007.

1. CrabOnCrack

CrabOnCrack Regular Member

Student
    Hello guys.

In 11 days I'm traveling to China for 2 weeks and I'm going to buy a new racquet, currently I have MP21 and I realy feel that I need to buy a new one. In my view I think that NS6000/NS7700 will be just great for me, the downside is the price. So if I choose a cheaper raquet I think MP88 or something like that will be fine.
    But my question is if any of these raquets will fit me? I'm open for suggestions like AT/other MP or something like that...just tell me why the racquet is the best for me :)

Check here below for my play-style and stuff!

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    I'm a serious badminton player, actually I love badminton over all other sports. I play 5h a week and I'm soon an advanced player.

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I'm a all around player, but my strongest point is my defence. My friends call me "the wall" because all (almost;)) their smashes get returned:cool:. But I'm also very good at net play and good at smashing. I play single/double 2:1
    My weakest point has always been my drives(?), when the game is tight I feel that I lack power and my drives uses to be short so the opponent can smash. That's why I think that I need some extra power in the racquet.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance? Well, I need a durable racquet, but I still care more about performance.

4. How much money do you want to spend? I want to spend 140$-180$ but the prices in China are lower than in the US.

Thanks/ CrabOnCrack

2. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

You know, you can practically get any non-JP coded Yonex for $180USD in China. So go ahead and get the latest & greatest - AT900T baby! Search the forums to see what people say about it.

BTW you said:
    You mean more than hockey?

3. CrabOnCrack

Student
    Yep. You know, just because Sweden own Canada in hockey, it doesnt mean that I like hockey more than badminton:p

4. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

Ouch, that hurt. :eek:

5. CrabOnCrack

Student
    Yes, but you made me want a AT-900T!:eek:

6. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

i dont think AT900T or P will suit u...
    coz it's design for smasher use..and a head heavy balance racquet...
    if u ask to to suggest a racquet to u i will choose NS7700...
    i got NS6k and 77k ...the different between those is NS7700 can make more power smash and more easiler to defence....and the head is slightly heavy abit than NS6k....

7. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

The T version is not too head-heavy as compared to the P. He's been using an MP21 which is even-balanced, so going with a slightly head-heavy racquet will not be too huge a change. He says he defends pretty well, and is looking for more power, so I think going with the slightly head-heavy AT900T will work for him.

If you're used to head-light racquets then the AT900T might not be for you.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

A word of advice. Counterfeit rackets are rampant in China so buyer beware. According to some on his forum, China is not licensed to manufacture high-end Yonex rackets, meaning a racket such as an AT-900 would have to be imported (and priced accordingly). Check the racket codes carefully too. The last thing you want is to think you scored a great deal only to be duped into buying a fake. Good luck :)

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I would just cross the border to Hong Kong and shop Yonex rackets there.

10. RobinZeeHood

RobinZeeHood Regular Member

#10 RobinZeeHood, May 9, 2007
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  11. RobinZeeHood

#11 RobinZeeHood, May 9, 2007
  12. RobinZeeHood

13. Yfever

Yfever Regular Member

yo robin, you seem to be too excited w/ your new racket that you got spaced out & posted a blank reply...:D

mr. crab, the NS series might be the best choice if you want added zip on your drives. for me the best in the NS ine is 9000X. it improved my drives & net play a lot. since youre on a budget, try the other lower priced NS models or the MP99. the 99 is similar to the MP21 in terms of technology used (muscle power) & the differences are the 99 is stiffer, has better feel & has more power. another budget buster, the AT900T, some say its not as head-heavy as the other ATs & that it has a faster swing speed (w/c is good for drives, fast & flat rallies).

14. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

The AT900T does feel really nice. Despite it being head heavy, it is very light. Has a stiff shaft (but less stiffness compared to the power version), which for me, can generate that extra whip. Seriously, head- heavy, light, can generate enough power for anyone. Overall, its a much better balance than the power, especially for those drive or defensive shots as yfever said.

Actually, the AT900T is basically a slightly head heavy top of the range nanospeed. Having been fortunate to own ns7000, at700 and at900t, it does feel like i get the best from both the armortec and nano series. Hope it helps.

Oo, if you wanna get the most out of at900, you probably should consider a higher string tension as most people reviewing this racket would say. I personally use 68ti's at 25lbs.

#14 Slicedbanana07, May 9, 2007
  15. RobinZeeHood

lol no i was editing my posts and moved the link from the blank post to the post before. and i couldnt figure out how to get rid of the blank post. lol

16. CrabOnCrack

Student
    Thanks for the greats replys!!

The problem is that I'm in Shanghai for 5 days and then traveling to a "paradise" island called Hainan. The thing is that I travel with my parents and the travel is all set so we cant just go to Hong Kong :(

Thanks m8, I know that I must be very carefull, so I wont buy a high-end yonex racquet for 100 bucks or something;)

Ya, I also think that AT900T is a very good choise, so if it's cheap I'll buy the AT900T/NS7700 or something like that. :p And I'm going to string it with ashaway micropower XL (if the sellers have it) with 24lbs.

Yes, I was thinking of MP racquets, but I prefer to buy a NS/AT in China because of the price. But if I cant find a cheap/not fake one it's possible that I buy MP88. But that's just like a "plan B":rolleyes: But I'm looking for head-heavy+light or slightly head heavy for better power and drives, and still have a light/not full head-heavy for my best side of badminton, defence:p

Thanks, but I personally prefer not fully offensive racquet for doubles and my play-style in singles. The NS9000S/X and AT900T are in the same price-range so I think AT900T fit me better. BUT this is just my opinion:p

Once again, thanks for the constructive replys!
    (I'm just 15 and from Sweden so sorry if you see some misspellings:eek:)

17. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Just a word of advice (or a trick to flush out the fake store) Bargain with them. Give them a price that is too low to be true. For example, you tell them you really would like to get a NS9000 or AT900 abut you only have $90 USD. If the shop counter offer you with a lower price that is less than $120 USD, just tell the sales that you will look around other shop and walk away. A good cut off point is usually 50% off your local (Sweden) shop price. If the shop is welling to sell you lower than that price, it is either a fake or a really used one.
    Good luck and have a nice trip. Also, drink only bottle water from the resort.

18. CrabOnCrack

Student
    Thanks silentheart for the advice! I'll try it out :) Yep, never buy water, or a "coke with ice" from local places.

One more question! :p Do you think I should choose 3U or 4U?

#18 CrabOnCrack, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007
  19. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

Go with the 3U. Its more of a popular choice.

20. CrabOnCrack

Student
    But how does 3U/4U change net-play/smash/clear and so on? I understand that 3U will give me more power, but I think that the AT900T will give me enough power and the 4U can help my strong defence so I can stop (all:D) smashes.