Prospeed question

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jrong, May 10, 2007.

1. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    I was wondering what everyone here thinks of the Prospeed Trueno Z racquet. Or the Prospeed series of racquets in general. Are they any good? They are pretty reasonably priced though. Wondering whether it really is worth it to spring for a Yonex??? :confused:

2. Sébastien

Sébastien New Member

I don't know about the Truena but I receive last week my two Mamba 10 racket. I got a 1099 and a 1033. Just for your information, I normally play with an old Yonex Widebody 30. Theses two Prospeed racket are of very good quality. The cosmetic is not as good as a Yonex but I don't really care too much about that if the racket is a good quality racket. They are light, very similar to my Yonex and other high end racket. The racket is a bit taller than my Yonex. The feeling in play is quite nice andthe precision is as good as my Yonex. The Prospeed is somewhat a little less powerfull but the string is at a higher tension than my Yonex so it's not a good comparison. I can't really find anything bad to say about theses racket so far but I only played three hours so far. The 1033 is a little more heavy than the 1099 by 2gr. and is a little more powerful on smashes. The control look slightly better on the 1099. I am so please with the so nice price/quality rackets that I will probably order some of the Truena Z series in the fall. I paid $50 us. each including the shipping. With all the freight ( shipping,duty and brokerage fees ) it cost me $76 cdn. each. and I think that it worth at least the double than that.

Hope this help,
    Séb

3. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    Seb, thanks very much for your detailed write-up on the Prospeed, I hope it continues to give you good service! I got a new racquet from the Trueno Z series - equivalent to the 1022. It's a nice racquet but I haven't had the opportunity to play with it yet. I am still trying to find a racquet to suit my playing style.... the 1022 is a bit head-heavy and intended for the power player, whereas the other racquet I borrowed and tried last week was the new Yonex Nanospeed 9000 which felt very lightweight and nice to handle. Lots more expensive than the Prospeed line though! I wonder whether Prospeed has an equivalent racquet, i.e lightweight, more for control than power....?

4. Sébastien

Sébastien New Member

The 1022 is only 82 gr. base on the web site specs ! That is really light. However, theses rackets are longer than many others brand and they can feel head heavy because of this even if they are not necessarely heavier. If you add a overgrip on your handle you will move the balance point and you won't feel the head heavy as much. I usually add two overgrip on my rackets ( not yet on the Prospeed, I only use one overgrip now ) so it add weight on the handle and decrease the ''perceive'' weight on the head. Something to think about. The 1099 is 88 gr. and with one overgrip I don't feel it as head heavy and feel the racket is quite light and easy to handle. I don't know how much weight was my Widebody 30, I should use my precision digital balance just for fun but I think the recent high end racket are around 84-88 gr. but I might be wrong.

Good luck,
    Séb

5. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

Prospeed Trueno Z6

Hi jrong,

I play Prospeed Trueno Z6 as well (got 4 of 'em). Was pleasantly surprised to find another person in here who plays the same racket (read your profile)...

6. Sunny Yeung

Sunny Yeung Regular Member

Auditor
    Hi there:

We have over 20 club members using the Prospeed racquets. I receive nothing but good comments from all of them. I haven't tried out the Trueno yet but I have confidence that it's going to be better than before.

YH in Canada

7. punchclear

Hi Sunny,
    It's pleasantly surprising to hear from fellow users. I only switched to Prospeed last month & have been pleased with my new rackets.
    I use the Trueno Z6 with Ashaway Micropower (0.66mm) strings. Works well for me. What racket do you use?
    Cheers,
    punchclear

8. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    hi punchclear, may i know where u get ur prospeed racket? Wish to give it a try

9. punchclear

Prospeed

Hi -Silver-,
    Got them online from http://www.prospeed.com.my. Fuss-free affair :). Rackets were delivered in less than 2-wks :D.
    I hear that there'll be a distributor/retailer/reseller in S'pore soon :D:D. Trying to dig-up details...

10. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    thx for the link punchclear!

11. DevilG

DevilG Regular Member

Just wondering whether they deliver to Hong Kong...

Or does anyone know where I can buy in Hong Kong?

12. punchclear

Shipping...

Erm... They ship (pretty much) world-wide (think the flat-rate is US$20/-). Don't think HK will be a prob...

13. Sunny Yeung

Auditor
    Prospeed racquets

Hi punchclear:

I started to use the Prospeed 7 series 3 or 4 years ago, then the 8 series, then the 9 series and now the Mamba 10. Looks like they have a new number series every year in order to compete with other brand name racquets. We have members paying over $300 Canadian for a brand name racquet (u probably know what I mean) and when they try the Mamba 10 series, they don't see any difference and only costs less than 1/3 of the price! The Mamba series are by far the best and I understand the Truenza is even better. Honestly, as a recreational player, I won't be able to tell much of a difference between a $100 racquet and a $300 racquet. I do hope more players would try out the Prospeed racquets (I do not get any commission from Prospeed!) To me Prospeed is like David against the giant Goliath and they did an excellent job. For the past few years, I think our members have purchased over 70 racquets from Prospeed. Frankly the earlier series are not as good as the later series. I found the 9 series very good already. The 10 series (Mamba) is hands down (not sure if I use the right term - all our members are extremely impressed). For the Truenza, I understand that they are using the "40 tonnes" graphite (I don't know what it is but looks like the best type of graphite). U may want to e-mail Prospeed and find out more about it. Well, I think I wrote too much. Have fun!

Sunny

14. Sunny Yeung

Auditor
    Hi punchclear:

I seldom use this kind of forum and I'm not sure if u have received my reply earlier. Bottomline is myself and many of our members like the Prospeed racquets very much. Regards.

Sunny

15. punchclear

I do too, Sunny:):):).
    It's nice to find that I'm not the only one...:D:D:D

16. Sunny Yeung

Auditor
    Hi punchclear:

U may want to spread the word about the Prospeed racquets. I think they deserve to be given a chance. Happy badminton!

Sunny

17. punchclear

Agreed. They deserve to be given a chance :).
    Good rackets (IMHO) at low price that (definitely) punch 'above their weight' :eek::).
    Players looking to try something 'different' should definitely consider Prospeed... :D:D:D

18. babbitt

babbitt Regular Member

Prospeed selection suggestion anyone?

Great to read the comments on the Prospeed line. I am considering giving them a try myself.

Look, I play more of a control game, with a Yonex Muscle Power 66--head light, and flexible. Do any of you who are familiar with the Prospeed line have a suggestion of which Prospeed racquet(s) would be good for me to check out? The Z2 and Z3 seem to be light weight and slightly head light isometric racquets. Z2 and Z6 also light weight, but what does "flat top" mean?

Also, when I visit the Prospeed site, is it the case the Truena Z-series has replace the Mamba 10xx series? Or is the Prospeed line broader than the web site shows?

David

19. punchclear

Hi babbitt,
    Like yourself, I came across Prospeed on the Internet and 'chanced-my-arm' on their rackets...:)
    "Flat top" = ISO-shaped frames...;)
    Not sure if the Trueno Z-series have replaced the Mamba (and Cobra) series, but they are the latest series on offer...:confused:
    Apologies, but this is what little I know about the rackets I play...:eek::eek::eek:

20. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    interested since they are not expensive. which one is suitable for someone like me who seldom smash but like a good smash here and there, i have bad backhand (but that's my technique), i like drop shots so i guess control play, and i would love a racket that is powerful enough to help with the baseline shots. any suggestions? :D

thanks in advance. :)