User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    COme on...is just Roslin I bet he was lucky to do it....hahaha....I'll give him some credit if he beats Yeo Kay Bin...Roslin is like Malaysia no wat??? 4?? 5?? Well in any case.....Andre is a lucky guy......is hard to see him win here in NZ open he is surrounded by 3 Malaysians...there are Yeo Kay Bin, Lee Tsuen Tseng and Wong Choong Han...Andre won't stand a chance.....
    At least he is in semi...you ought to give him credit.....another INA player is on the rise.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I wanna give him credit for beating Roslin and Ng Wei??? they are not dat good anyway.........I mean semifinal wow dats something...no is nothing cos is just NZ open who cares!!! if he reach the final then I'll give him credit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I wanna give him credit for beating Roslin and Ng Wei??? they are not dat good anyway.........I mean semifinal wow dats something...no is nothing cos is just NZ open who cares!!! if he reach the final then I'll give him credit
    NZ Open semifinal results: Andre just defeated Yeoh Kay Bin 21-18, 21-15 en-route to the NZ Open finals tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andre is 'just' a lucky guy, huh?!?

In the past 12 days, he has beaten:
    World # 59, Roman Spitko (straight sets)
    World # 23, Yeoh Kay Bin (straight sets)
    World # 21, Ng Wei (straight sets)
    World # 20, Roslin Hashim (straight sets)
    World # 16, Andrew Smith (straight sets)
    World # 10, Kenneth Jonassen (rubber sets)

I wish I were that 'lucky'... Lucky is: if I have to face Lin Dan, but then he injured his muscle and could not continue, thus I win. That's lucky!

But a virtually unknown player [like the World # 100-something Andre was, 2 weeks ago] but able to beat so many top 10-60 players [mostly in straight sets] in the past 12 days, let's just safely say... Andre is in hot form.

If the present trend continue, Andre might be ranked below 20 in the world by the end of the year. Let's see if Andre can perform in a stable fashion month after month. If he can be ranked below 20 by the end of the year, then we can give him the title: most improved player in 2007 or something... Ha ha ha ha...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides Simon and Tommy, Andre hopefully is for real...cos INA really needs new talents to replace the current aging stars. That bodes well for badminton and it would be sad to see a powerhouse like INA without world class players on the international scene after TH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could be as optimistic as Krisna.....I dun really see Andre as a big deal anyway....lets see if he beat Wong Choong Han...btw Wats Yeo Kay Bin ranking??? it muct be coach Fang....hahahah come on ANdre beat WOng Choong Han tomorrow!!!! but I dun think he can beat Wong Choong Han.....Wong would be too strong for Andre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehe is all Indo final in the mixed doubles.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is ANdre's next tournament?? where can u see the results?? that VIetnam thing is not on tournament software it seems....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could be as optimistic as Krisna.....I dun really see Andre as a big deal anyway....lets see if he beat Wong Choong Han...btw Wats Yeo Kay Bin ranking??? it muct be coach Fang....hahahah come on ANdre beat WOng Choong Han tomorrow!!!! but I dun think he can beat Wong Choong Han.....Wong would be too strong for Andre
    Yeoh Kay Bin's ranking can be seen in my previous post above. In the list of Andre's victims in the past 12 days...

I can't claim to be either optimistic or pessimistic about Andre at this point. I just observe things as they are this time. Fact: he did beat many many athletes in the top 10-30 in the past 12 days.

Is it likely that a unskilled player be 'plain lucky' for 12 days beating so many top 10-30 players?!? His skill level must be credible enough to accomplish such feats. Tommy Sugiarto could not, Andreas Adityawarman could not, Alamsyah Yunus could not, Indra Bagus could not... er... I could not...

The results don't promise that he will be the next Taufik Hidayat or anything. No sane and critical badminton observer ever said that. But it is also very unlikely that a player can be lucky for 12 days in a row. Fact: aside from Taufik-Sony-Simon, there are no other Indonesian player that have beaten so many top 10-30 players... except Andre in the past 12 days.

Yes, we have to see whether this trend will continue... But for now, the results speak for itself that there is a 20 year old player from Indonesia that can compete at that top 10-30 level today [ok, though not at Lin Dan and Taufik's level yet]. And that is refreshing news for Indonesian badminton that need as many good news as possible.

Surely coach Fang and his assistants had something to do with this...
    Surely PB. Djarum's support for Andre had something to do with this feat... Surely Andre's own training, skill and determination had something to do with this too...

------------------Krisna's humble non-pro analysis-------------------

Wong Choon Hann can very well beat Andre. Actually I give WCH a 55% chance of doing so. But not due to WCH's strength. More because of WCH's experience and match strategy. In last week's Indonesian Open, I witnessed Andre as a very determined, very positive thinking, very agressive, very strong and very fit player.

Andre is vulnerable to finesse and careful shot selection as demonstrated by Chen Hong. ...and by Simon Santoso who also dismantled Andre with high quality finesse in straight sets in the 2006 National Championship. If the match tomorrow turn out to be a battle of muscles, stamina, and will-power... then Andre has the edge over the more experienced WCH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction will be 21-13 21-11 in favor of Choong Han n he will only need a total of 21 minutes to beat Andre...well unless Andre can be a bit more relax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction will be 21-13 21-11 in favor of Choong Han n he will only need a total of 21 minutes to beat Andre...well unless Andre can be a bit more relax

Judging from the Performace over the last games, I would not count out Andre. I seriously doubt WCH in current form/shape for example would have been able to beat KJ in IO. It's the classic battle of youth against experience tomorrow :-)

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Andre Kurniawan Tedjono

This guy has caught my attention since SS in Indonesia. He beat Kenneth Jonassen at that time.

Now in NZ, he beat Roslin Hashim and Yeoh Kay Bin. Anybody has some info on him? Can he be the next Taufik Hidayat - minus the tantrum - hopefully?

How old is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to see this new rising star! But again, Indonesian players tend to dip down after excellent month or so. I have seen a lot of players from Indonesia went to stun the world for a month and disappeared forever and ever. Hopefully this is one of our lucky breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I hope so too but I am pessimistic about Andre he beats wong Choong Han tomorrow then I'll give him some credit....btw BAM is so stupid why give the wild card to Roslin???? I'd rather give it to Wong CHoong Han or Yeo Kay Bin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Yeoh Kay Bin's ranking can be seen in my previous post above. In the list of Andre's victims in the past 12 days...

I can't claim to be either optimistic or pessimistic about Andre at this point. I just observe things as they are this time. Fact: he did beat many many athletes in the top 10-30 in the past 12 days.

Is it likely that a unskilled player be 'plain lucky' for 12 days beating so many top 10-30 players?!? His skill level must be credible enough to accomplish such feats. Tommy Sugiarto could not, Andreas Adityawarman could not, Alamsyah Yunus could not, Indra Bagus could not... er... I could not...

The results don't promise that he will be the next Taufik Hidayat or anything. No sane and critical badminton observer ever said that. But it is also very unlikely that a player can be lucky for 12 days in a row. Fact: aside from Taufik-Sony-Simon, there are no other Indonesian player that have beaten so many top 10-30 players... except Andre in the past 12 days.

Yes, we have to see whether this trend will continue... But for now, the results speak for itself that there is a 20 year old player from Indonesia that can compete at that top 10-30 level today [ok, though not at Lin Dan and Taufik's level yet]. And that is refreshing news for Indonesian badminton that need as many good news as possible.

Surely coach Fang and his assistants had something to do with this...
    Surely PB. Djarum's support for Andre had something to do with this feat... Surely Andre's own training, skill and determination had something to do with this too...

------------------Krisna's humble non-pro analysis-------------------

Wong Choon Hann can very well beat Andre. Actually I give WCH a 55% chance of doing so. But not due to WCH's strength. More because of WCH's experience and match strategy. In last week's Indonesian Open, I witnessed Andre as a very determined, very positive thinking, very agressive, very strong and very fit player.

Andre is vulnerable to finesse and careful shot selection as demonstrated by Chen Hong. ...and by Simon Santoso who also dismantled Andre with high quality finesse in straight sets in the 2006 National Championship. If the match tomorrow turn out to be a battle of muscles, stamina, and will-power... then Andre has the edge over the more experienced WCH.
    Well i think Andre will be playing next week at Vietnam.
    Let's see if he can hold his form further. The Malaysian Next Wave will be there to greet him and test him.

I think he's got a score to settle with one of them too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roman Spitko, Andrew Smith, Keneth Jonassen, Ng Wei, Roslin Hashim, Yeoh Kay Bin and Wong Choong Han.....very lucky guy but impressive....good good one I hope it continues..............

so he got a score to settle with Beryno Wong.....with his current for maybe he will be able to beat Beryno....well done Andre keep it up

this must be the work of coach Fang........well wat do u guys think if this guy play Joachim Person or Simon Santoso?? He definately have the potential just 2 years older than Simon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roman Spitko, Andrew Smith, Keneth Jonassen, Ng Wei, Roslin Hashim, Yeoh Kay Bin and Wong Choong Han.....very lucky guy but impressive....good good one I hope it continues..............

so he got a score to settle with Beryno Wong.....with his current for maybe he will be able to beat Beryno....well done Andre keep it up

this must be the work of coach Fang........well wat do u guys think if this guy play Joachim Person or Simon Santoso?? He definately have the potential just 2 years older than Simon
    Andre is younger than Simon
    Maybe you mean older than Tommy

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast