User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dun understand why are ppl calling Andre the rising star and all this thing?? come on he just beat second rated Malaysians........is not like he beat Taufik Hidayat, Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan or Peter Gade....come on stop calling Andre rising star he is not!!!

(this always works when I criticise him he always proof me wrong...I hope he would proof me wrong again)

but seriously this guy is not a rising star.......Proof me wrong by winning Vietnam Sattelite or the GP gold in Thailand and Phillipines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reverse physcology huh kido?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nz

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    Honestly I am not dat impressed...cos he only beat the second rated MAS players...if he can beat Hafiz and Chong Wei now dats impressive....I mean Roslin, Choong Han n Kay Bin....come on...the only impressive oponent is Keneth Jonassen.......well if he beats Chong Wei or Hafiz then he deserved some credit...I mean fantastic at this level??? oh please.......
    NZ is a small small tournaments... and those Msia players are fading stars!
    Fantastic definately not the words to describe Andre but he is showing a bit of potential! But INA is definately dying for some new young bloods...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    Thanx for the info...Yes Indonesia now has hope...imagine

Taufik
    Sony (getting there)
    Simon (fastly Improving)
    Tomy (doubtful but steady)
    Andre (Giant Killer)

I hope this will lead us back to the era of Alan Budikusuma, Heryanto Arbi and all

If Andre, SImon and Sony keeps improving I think Indo has the chance to win the Thomas Cup next yr and with home crowd.....

Indonesia Iya Sih!!!!!
    I think you're right in side-lining Tommy as 'doubtful' because he recently lost to one of our young players in 3 games during the SO, I believe.

Andre, on the other hand, has beaten some of the world's best, especially Kenneth Jonassen and in the just-concluded NZ Open, he was crowned champion by beating Wong Choong Hann of Malaysia, 21-11 18-21 21-12. Along the way he beat two other Malaysians, Roslin and Yeoh Kay Bin in straight games!

Now, this is Indonesia's rising star. Watch out for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this must be the work of coach Fang........well wat do u guys think if this guy play Joachim Person or Simon Santoso?? He definately have the potential just 2 years older than Simon
    I just thought I might comment on this thread. First of all I wanna say that I didnt see Andre play in KLRC NZO, but I saw him play against Joachim Persson of Denmark in Finland (Joachim won easy in two sets). And I think Andre played really well but he couldnt stand Joachim physically strenght and Joachims offense was to good so that Andres defense couldnt match it. From Andres results I can see that he mainly has beaten quite defensive topplayers except for WCH, but to be honest WCH has lost attacking power after his injury. YKB, NgW, Roslin, Kenneth are all very defensive players, so I also wait to see if Andre can beat players which have a worldclass attacking like the Chinese, Gade, Taufik, LEE CW or similar.
    But to answer your question shortly, I would say from my knowledge about Badminton that Joachim would win again due to his ability constantly to be able to play an attacking game and being able to at leat match Andres physical shape. I think Andre has problems to play players who have an great attacking game.
    Another thing I want to comment on: Just because a player proofs that he can play good matches that doesnt mean he can perform in the Thomas Cup, you see Simon lost to an almost retired Peter Rasmussen 3 years ago and also in Japan we saw that KBH couldnt stand the pressure which on the other side Joachim managed, so he played brilliant Badminton under the pressure.
    I hope you people can see my point because I am really getting tired of reading comments where players get raised to a godlike status before really havent proofen themselves under real pressure or beaten real top players. It also destroyes the players in the long run if people put to much pressure on the by buildung up expectations which doesnt match the reality...
    There is a reason why the TC finals the last two times was China-Danmark, but people from MAS and INA keep building up the pressure because they hope so much for a better result, but it doesnt help their players...

DelPiero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go, ants..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't write Andre off if he plays Joachim Person again cos he has improved alot since their last meeting.....beating Kenneth Jonassen was not an easy task but the guy did it..I mean Kenneth is an attacking player and no doubt one of the world's best.....

But anyway this time if INA vs DEN then ANdre wouldn't be playing as this would be the line up

Taufik vs Peter (maybe Taufik-a bit biassed but yea Taufik 55-45)
    Sony vs Kenneth (Kenneth)
    Kidosetiawan vs EriksenLungard (Kidosetiawan)
    RiyadiGunawan vs PaarskeRasmusen (RiyadiGunawan)
    Simon vs Joachim (Simon)

INA 4 DEN 1 (well assuming taufik lose then 3-2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joachim and Andres last meeting is 6 weeks ago exactly. You want to tell me he has improved many levels since then? And actually Joachim beat Kenneth also 7 weeks ago in an important team match in Denmark. I totally disagree that Kenneth is an offensive player. His main force is his defense. He has a hard smash too, but it is still not dangerous as not deceptive and very precise. And he also doesnt use his smash a lot. But we may not be same opinion on that. We will see how it goes when Denmark play INA maybe next TC, I believe Joachim will improve a lot til then. I think he will be at least Denmarks No. 2. I am not sure Kenneth will be even 3rd singles, there are some young guys coming up soon. I say Denmark can win, but INA is favorite for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simon can win if his mental didn't drop since the last Singapore Open and Indo Open... It's critical... And, Peter may win too.. If he plays as well as when he played during Singapore Open.... He played all out, but lost his energy for the next 1 week, even until Indo Open...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen Joachim play much so far this year and unable to assess his current form. But has seen him in action in the last TC and thought he would develop into a very good player. If he could beat Kenneth convincely, he will surely be the next Danish star.

I look forward to seeing more young players from Denmark making an appearance in the international scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up More 2007 Indonesian Open photos

At last! I got more pictures from the Indo Open! From my friend who is a pro photojournalist...

Name:  Andre_0078 smaller.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  31.5 KB
    Andre played a patient and careful game for the most part...

Name:  Andre_0045 smaller.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  30.3 KB
    But when given the opportunity, Andre smashed, smashed and smashed! WHACK, WHACK, WHAAACCCKKK!

Name:  Kenneth in Indo Open smaller.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  33.2 KB
    Kenneth was outraged!! "How come this little kid is beating me!" [Andre is around 30 cm shorter than Kenneth]

Name:  Andre_0063 smaller.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  42.2 KB
    After finishing the match point, Andre screamed, "SSSAAAAHHHHH!" Kenneth did not say anything audible... Maybe some Danish curse words...

Name:  Crowd smaller.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  53.5 KB
    The crowd went wild! The biggest surprise of the 2007 Indonesian Open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Kenneth was outraged!! "How come this little kid is beating me!" [Andre is around 30 cm shorter than Kenneth]
    Thanks for the pics Krisna..
    Andre 30 cm shorter??? That makes him 188 - 30 = 158???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie View Post
    Thanks for the pics Krisna..
    Andre 30 cm shorter??? That makes him 188 - 30 = 158???
    Andre is around 174 cm... It looks as though he was around 30cm shorter... I did say around... I didn't really know the statistics of Kenneth. Ok, if your data on Kenneth is correct [188cm], then I guess Andre is around 14 cm shorter...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for sharing a bit more pics..

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    At last! I got more pictures from the Indo Open! From my friend who is a pro photojournalist...
    ..Krisna, esp. from their match(although the pics could be in the 2007 IO sub-forum)...And your friend surely got a pretty good view from the top(above the head shot)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures of him in NZ open anyone....I wanna see his expression after beating WCH...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.... future star...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any of you in facebook?? I created the group Indonesia for Thomas Cup 2008 so please join the group by all means..thanx

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast