Yonex MP44 - Genuine or Counterfeit?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jrcjon, May 10, 2007.

1. jrcjon

jrcjon Regular Member

Hi,
    As you can see below I put the Serial and cone code of my MP44 on the 'Post your Yonex serial numbers here' thread but Leehsim was unable to confirm whether my racket was a genuine Yonex on the basis of this alone. It has been suggested to me that I should add some photos as a number of you can positively spot a fake / genuine Yonex in an instant so please have a look at the shots below and give me your opinion.

I only bought it last weekend so if their are any problems with it then I will be going back to see him.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan

[​IMG] Today, 04:30 AM #1961 leehsim vbmenu_register("postmenu_570391", true);

[​IMG]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrcjon
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrcjon
    racket model: Yonex Muscle Power 44
    shaft serial: 4785308
    cone code : 210242UK
    source : Purchased privately through a advert in local "Trade-It" classified adverts newspaper

I hope someone can assure me this is an Authentic Yonex MP44 racket. Having only just taken up Badminton I would hate to turn up to my local club for the first time next week with a fake. I think I have followed a number of the useful tips on buying Rackets on this forum such as buying a 'UK' racket and have hopefully bought a genuine Yonex but can someone please confirm?
    Many thanks Jonathan

Hi Leehsim, I have checked the shaft serial and cone code and they are definitely as above.
    Is their a problem with my racket? Thanks for your time. Jonathan

In my list there is Armortec 800OF with the serial of 4783688 and cone code of 250242JP (date=25 Feb 2004). Compare with your Muscle Power 44 of 4785308 210242UK (date=21 Feb 2004) , it is a case of smaller serial but 4 day after yours.
    I have no way to explain and confirm your MP 44.

For the attention of BFer:ants
    Last edited by leehsim : Today at 04:34 AM.

Attached Files:

2. Xaviman

Xaviman Regular Member

looks fake, the bag looks fake one, and the cone code and shaft code aren't look like made with laser.

3. jrcjon

jrcjon Regular Member

Ok, thanks Xaviman. Before I go back to the chap who sold it me can someone else confirm that this is a fake racket please?

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Can you take a closer, clearer and cleaner shot of the date/serial code? The same goes for Yonex logo on the cone, instead straight on and the case too.

You would most likely need to use macro mode.

Also, if I recall correctly, there were were not reports of counterfeit UK rackets.

5. minty31

minty31 Regular Member

looks as real as all the other mp44's ive ever seen. and the bag looks perfectly real also. and as matt said there aren't any reports of any uk coded fakes. its real mate.

minesh

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    if you can't get confirmation on the serials, based on my visual inspection (I haven't owned or seen a mp44 in real life, but I don't see any signs which would make me think that it's counterfeit. Yonex word are ok, Japan letters on the green cap seems fine, serial font looks like the real laser inscriber, and the Muscle Power lettering looks proper. The muscle power bag also looks ok.

7. minty31

minty31 Regular Member

looking at the pics i can say its 100% real.

minesh

8. jrcjon

jrcjon Regular Member

Hi Matt, I have read some of your previous respones on other rackets and you seem to be one of the best at telling a fake from a Real Yonex.
    Now that the morning sun is out I have managed to take some slightly better shots but as the camera is rather old this is probabily the best I can do. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    from the paint job look n the laser engraved serials,it's real..but my opinion about the bag is that yonex should make better one,not just for mp's..but every model,..as it looks cheap..=(

Btw,do u still have the sticker sticked on ur racket which tells u the recommended tension?N what's it written?..
    How does it feel?Kind of light,or kind of heavy?Rather Stiff or flex?
    As i know,the fake n the real one have difference in those..

#9 Smichz, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Thanks, the pictures you provided are a lot better now - it's genuine. The initial pictures looked a bit off due to the way it was taken even thou I could not find anything that would make it counterfeit, which was why I was asking for better pictures.

I guess you forgot the Yonex logo part, which is on the cone itself but, it's ok I do not need to see it since the other pics are good.

#10 Matt, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  11. jrcjon

jrcjon Regular Member

Thanks for your help everyone.

Matt - I will add a Photo of the Yonex logo on the cone later this evening for a final confirmation.

Its brilliant that you guys do this - it really helps people like myself who could easily be conned by a fake. Congratulations on doing your bit to make life harder for those selling and producing counterfeit rackets.

Regards
    Jonathan

12. jrcjon

jrcjon Regular Member

Here are the last couple of photos that I said I would upload including the "Yonex" logo on the cone.

Thanks again for everyones help. I am now very satisfied that a picked up a Genuine Yonex good beginners all round racket for a reasonable price.:)

Attached Files:

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, i agree that the racquet does look like the real deal.
    i think you're safe on this one.

14. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
  15. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    try post the grommet holes... i saw fake yonex, its grommet's holes numbers and position are different.

16. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    Looks real enough, plus dont think mp44 is interesting enough for some1 to make counterfeit version