New AT900 Font and position

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by silentheart, May 10, 2007.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Per our dear fearless leader Kwun's request. I thank him for the great idea and I was able to contribute. I am posting some observations about the new AT900's engraving.

Picture 1 Racquets to be used for comparison From left to right.
    a)AT900-t, b)AT900-p, c)AT900-p (older by few number), d)NS9000-x, e)Cab21

Picture 2 Same racquets in same orders from lower to top.

Picture 3 Same racquets in same order as picture 2 showing all ser# and date/dist code. Pleae note 1) the AT900's font spacings are much smaller vs NS900-x and Cab21. 2) The location of the AT900 ser# is closer to the cone than NS900-x and Cab21. 3) You have to take my word for it, the font size for AT900 is about 0.1mm~0.2mm smaller than NS9000-xand Cab21. I measured it with my wife's tape ruler from her hospital. (I believe it is due to new engraving machine)

Picture 4 AT900s close up picture of ser# and date/dist code

Picture 5 Same picture as of picture 4 with ref line drawn down the middle of the shaft. Interesting observation, the ser# for the a)AT900-t and b)AT900-p is off the alignment even it is just a few number off the c) AT900-p

Picture 6 NS9000-x and Cab21 close up picture of ser# and date/dist code

Picture 7 Same picture as of picture 6 with ref line. They are aligned

Please comment if I made any mistake (except my broken English, it is too late in the night)

Good night!!!

Attached Files:

#1 silentheart, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007
  2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Yea, I noticed that on my AT 900 P. The misalignment is closely related to the AT 900 T in your pictures.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Looks like the production machine is not taking the racket perfectly straight an as a result, it is off center.

On some othe other coded racket such as SP, the silk screen is not done perfectly straight that the cosmetics on the racket self is off center (ie. the name of the racket on the shaft).

On my own AT900T, mine looks like the almost perfect center (look at the AT900P US coded one with the line which looks almost perfect).

#3 Matt, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007