IO2007 - Malaysian doubles will all go to final.

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by snasirin, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    I believe all Malaysian douubles will go to final :). All the very best to them.

2. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

I think most likely will be TBH/KKK vs TG/CW.

3. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    good topic, i like it!!!:)
    and hopefully ur prediction is true...
    but the most important thing is KKK/TBH must beat cai/fu, so that the head-2-head report remain x-0..:D :D :D

4. Louisia_th

Louisia_th Regular Member

:eek: :eek:
    I don't think so,snasirin.:D
    I agree with you that all malaysian can play very well but not easy to beat chinese and indonesian(USA) pairs.

Although Koo/Tan can beat Cai/Fu many times but tomorrow is different, now Cai/Fu have a great power and I think in semifinal match tomorrow, it is a good chance for them to break Koo/Tan.

For second match, I'm not sure who will win but I believe in Chandra/Tony. They have more experience than malaysian pair, I think they can beat malaysian.

:D :D

Maybe, in final Cai/Fu will meet Chandra/Tony again.

5. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

It will be a tough fight for TBH/KKK. China will most likely have no representative in MS so FHF/CY will ensure they are in MD final. I am also sure they want to show the world and people of China they are world #1 and world champion. And most importantly, they don't want the head to head to remain N-0. Anyway my bet is on TBH/KKK. Jia You TBH/KKK. :D :D :D

6. smart_civet

smart_civet Regular Member

free
    I think the final will be between CHN and MAS players.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I prefer to see FH/CY against TG/CW....TG/CW has a better chance to beat CHN than KKK/TBH.....:D :D :D better no all MAS final...it is boring...same things goes to WD CHN..but I think there wil be all CHINA WD in Final..

8. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

aih..i prefer kkk n tbh beat cy n fhf..i wanna see mas n indo-usa in MD..jia you!!

9. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    KKK-TBH might edge this, they're fresh and fit after their 1st round exit in Singapore, and CY-FHF's 3-set final marathon against CTF-LWW just Sunday....

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Fairuzizuan/Zakry looks like a "lesser version" of KKK/TBH - they are only in their third international tournaments since they forged partnership but they are already in 2 semi-finals and 1 quarterfinal. The catch is that they have only beat two pairs among current world top-10 to date - KKK/TBH and JE/MLH, which means that they haven't been thoroughly tested. However, it seems that they are in the right direction to become the third Mas pair to break into the world top-10.

11. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Hoping for an all M'sian final too... But it will be pretty tough. Tho' I think KKK/TBH have a better chance of getting in than F/Z.

12. JPPPHIL

JPPPHIL Regular Member

Millionaire/jobless
    I agree with you, china vs Ind-USA final. stay tuned.:D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I also hope for an All Msian Final.. then it will be a Kill Joy for the Indos. hehehe

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    all msian final??? boring la......

15. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon

Agree...agree... boring lang, better watch boxing in solar sport:confused: :rolleyes:

16. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Not necessary. Would be interesting to see whether KKK/TBH beaten in their teammates' hands, AGAIN! If that's the case, F/Z will become KKK/TBH's first (and perhaps only) nemesis.

17. JPPPHIL

JPPPHIL Regular Member

Millionaire/jobless
    Hey, I heard that before, you are learning fast.
    Hope we will see Candra/Gunawan game today. pray hard. JJP.:confused: :D

18. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    However,Zakry/Fairuz still not reach the stage tat can defeat TG/CW..they are still weak!!Hope they can learn something new!!I wont balme them if they lost!!
    Mas vs Mas in final..:rolleyes: I will turn to another channel when their match start then turn back after the match finish..:D :D :p
    Go KKK n TBH...

19. aheng

aheng Regular Member

SHIOK~~ THIS IS THE MATCH I am LOOKING FORWARD!
    BOTH ARE MY FAVOURITE DOUBLE!
    Malaysia BOLEH~~~ :) :D :p

20. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Indonesia Open: Koo-Tan, Fairuzizuan-Zakry alive

12/05/07, 12:17:49

By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]
    Malaysia's Koo Kien Keat (front) returns a shot as teammate Tan Boon Heong looks on in their men's doubles match against Indonesia's Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan in the quarter-finals of the Indonesia Open in Jakarta yesterday. The Malaysian pair won 21-15, 21-16.
    THE Indonesia Open is considered the toughest grand prix tournament on the international circuit but Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Fairuzizuan Tazari-Zakry Latif played as if they were playing at home when they stormed into the semi-finals at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta yesterday.
    In fact, four Malaysians pairs including Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How had made the quarter-finals but the latter two pairs fell out yesterday while their two compatriots remain solid.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong beat local favourites Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan, the 2005 champions, 21-15, 21-16 in just 24 minutes.

Fairuzizuan-Zakry, ma-king a strong impact in just their third tournament as a pair, beat compatriots Chong Ming-Thien How 17-21, 21-15, 21-12. It was Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s third win over Markis-Hendra in as many meetings and the manner in which the Malaysian pai won makes one wonder who had home advantage.

Veteran pair Tan Fook-Wan Wah failed to avenge their Singapore Open title defeat to world champions Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun of China when they lost 21-15, 21-18. The China pair next meet Kien Keat-Boon Heong today.

Kien Keat, speaking by telephone from Jakarta yesterday, said he realises how tough it is to win the Indonesia Open but his immediate task is to clear the semi-finals. "I have regained my focus and strokes but we still have a long way to go to reach the form which helped us win the All England," said Kien Keat.

"We have beaten Haifeng-Cai Yun twice but this is a new battle and we have to keep fighting. We are looking forward to reaching the final.

"It is a long time since a Malaysian pair has won the Indonesia Open but we do not want to think about that and put additional pressure on us. I would rather stay focused on the semi-final first."

Razif and Jalani Sidek were the only Malaysians to win the Indonesia Open and did so twice — in 1988 and 1990 — and if Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s performance is anything to go by, they can end a 17-year dry spell. Fairuzizuan-Zakry Latif, who upset two-time All England champions Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen of Denmark in the quarter-finals, next face a formidable task against the Indonesian-US combination of Candra Wijaya and Tony Gunawan, the defending champions, for a spot in the last four. The former Olympic champions will be Indonesia’s last hope of keeping the title at home but Fairuzizuan-Zakry, still novices as a pair on the circuit, have every chance of pulling off an upset.

Meanwhile, Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui’s run in the women’s doubles came to an end when they lost 21-15, 21-17 to China’s Zhao Tingting-Yang Wei.

Courtesy of New Straits Times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.