User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h
    Well, as an Indonesian myself, i feel like Rexy is letting the INA fans down. Rexy, who is the former OG Champion whose success was entirely built from scratch by PBSI, should give something in return. If Christian is doing it, why isnt rexy? besides his contract finishes by the end of month...
    As for Atik Jauhari, i agree, many INA players are now coaching in overseas. However, at least Atik Jauhari had served PBSI and more importantly coached for PBSI. Moreover, i did not say all INA coaches who coach for other countries are traitors.
    And as for INA government, how is that related with players' performances? i agree, it is a bit unfair to the players since the government will not help financially after they retire, but i wouldnt call them traitors, why would i? this system has been on for ages and players from the '80s and early '90s have greatly anticipated it, most of them are doing well...
    Thanks...I was in jakarta last month and talked to yayuk basuki who is satgas for badminton/tennis/table tennis/sepak takraw...The main problem here as taufik complained long time ago that KONI should discipline PBSI's offices, not just players...I do not know the exact internal problems as I heard from many unconfirmed sources so I can not make any conclusions..Put it this way...too many politics involved in Badminton which is very sad...INA, not even top power for badminton anymore...instead of takibg care the badmitnon, etc...more likely they are busy or distrated with other priorities...soemtimes...I think it is better to have LYB..at least everything is under control...even people hates him...well...he is the success of China's badmidton...we have to admit it...

I think Sutiyoso is too panicking as well...he , even, does not know how to play badminton,to understand players's burden, etc...all he does is just screaming ...want to have better image/result under his tenure...Thats all about EGO...listen to players...all players have ups and downs...

God bless INA's badminton..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau
    Thanks...I was in jakarta last month and talked to yayuk basuki who is satgas for badminton/tennis/table tennis/sepak takraw...The main problem here as taufik complained long time ago that KONI should discipline PBSI's offices, not just players...I do not know the exact internal problems as I heard from many unconfirmed sources so I can not make any conclusions..Put it this way...too many politics involved in Badminton which is very sad...INA, not even top power for badminton anymore...instead of takibg care the badmitnon, etc...more likely they are busy or distrated with other priorities...soemtimes...I think it is better to have LYB..at least everything is under control...even people hates him...well...he is the success of China's badmidton...we have to admit it...

I think Sutiyoso is too panicking as well...he , even, does not know how to play badminton,to understand players's burden, etc...all he does is just screaming ...want to have better image/result under his tenure...Thats all about EGO...listen to players...all players have ups and downs...

God bless INA's badminton..
    Amen to that...haha yeah INA coaches doesnt have as much power/control over their players as LYB thats why we need Rexy. Rexy is very discipline and he is a good motivator, he will not hesitate to kick his players out of the training camp if the players are not training as hard as they should. And yes, INA players are distracted by other priorities ($$$). Sutiyoso is not the right person to run PBSI although it was the right move splitting alven/luluk and hiring Candra for sudirman cup. But i dont think Alven/Candra will work out very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos is INA is no good for the progress of badminton...
    Let's hope their improve from there...
    I would like Msia to beat INA but a win because we got better quality not politics!

Cheeers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indonesia has a 'Mainaky' (Rexy's bro), almost a look-a-like. So they should not try to get another......Malaysia can use him better.

Rexy would find it hard to go back to an uncertain future in Indonesia with PBSI having problems. As a professional, Malaysia would appeal more to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let this be a lesson....

I think PBSI should learn from this lesson.

It is way too late to bring back those invididuals who have made decisions to venture to other countries.

I am sure Rexy, Tony, Halim, Atik, etc took big risks when they first went overboard; now they have a new life in other countries and suceeded outside INA, money is NOT the only one factor (although a huge one). Other factors also come to play.

The lesson here, IMHO, is to treat your people right when they are with you; Therefore you should provide the right incentives, proper treatments, and make it so that they don't even need to consider going somewhere else. Set the politics aside.

I agree with Krisna, PBSI should focus on the future, admit the past mistakes and move on... (and don't play politics with sports)
    Last edited by IndoAmerican; 05-14-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy made the promise to help MAS win WC and OG which MAS never won. He also committed to BAM he will stay with MAS until the next renewed contract expires. I believe Rexy will keep his words. PSBI need to find a different solutions for now. My sincere hope INA will return to its glorious years one day. We need more countries to combat the GIANT badminton powerhouse China.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h
    I think rexy SHOULD leave MAS and coach INA...hey, MAS pairs arent the only ones who desperately need some coaching...most MAS pairs are doing a lot better than alven/luluk, joko/hendra or even kido/hendra. Rexy IS an Indonesian therefore I think he SHOULD choose INA over MAS without considering how much money he would earn(kinda like Christian Hadinata, if Rexy is patriotic enough). INA needs new blood for coaching, thats why i think INA needs Rexy more than MAS. Many INA fans are now turning against Rexy and calling him a "traitor" which i think is quite appropriate...
    traditor? look in the mirror, pbsi greediness and political red tape is wrecking INA badminton. I had predicted this downward trend many years ago. INA players leaving is a good thing, it might force changes in pbsi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no.... Rexy is NOT leaving Msia, NOT now.... Msia's pairs need him to polish up their skills, tactics, mental, etc... Hope I dont need to sign the petition form to get Rexy to stay at Msia

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    traditor? look in the mirror, pbsi greediness and political red tape is wrecking INA badminton. I had predicted this downward trend many years ago. INA players leaving is a good thing, it might force changes in pbsi.
    Like to add a little on this, Cooler. I disagree with the use of 'traitor' here.

1) there's a contract issue. Can PBSI buy Rexy out of his contract and is that ethical?

2) Work for much lower pay in PBSI? Rexy has been to England - Pay must be good there when converted to Rupiah. His expectations have changed

3) Work for PBSI because of National pride? Good reason. When men get married and have children, just to move country like that to lower pay needs a lot of consideration. You have to make sure that the family is not going to suffer.

4) Objective - Bring up INA doubles? Good point if you have the players who can make it. Rexy might have assessed the potential of the current players. Is it something he can produce results with? If the potential is poor, no amount of Rexy's charisma, talent or management skills can produce results.

5) Personal achievement. For some people, if there's a job to do, it needs to be done to completion and done well. So far, Rexy's results are one ABC and one All England. That's after how many months in M'sia? He's laid down the groundwork but not seen it to fruitation.

I'm sure Rexy has his heart in Indonesia. Going to PBSI right now might not be high on his list of priorities. Besides, is there room for him at PBSI? Does he think the structure within PBSI is something he can cope with right now?

Lots of factors to consider.
    Last edited by Cheung; 05-14-2007 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, as I talked to some official 2 years ago, PBSI should clean up or manage the admistration better....there is no leadership anymore...we can see that taufik could strike by not going to AE and Swiis SS...

You can imagine that the player can challenge PBSI so it is enough to say that PBSI has a "REAL PROBLEM"...

PBSI should clean up Its HOUSE and set up better structure before hoping for better result in near future...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default He's originally..

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    Is Rexy from Jakarta????

Maybe he's from Bandung or Surabaya and would not feel really at home in Jakarta either.
    ...from Ternate, an island, in an archipelago system, just east/close to Sulawesi(Celebes)..http://members.tripod.com/tangkis/pl...nesia/rexy.htm
    http://www.websitesrcg.com/ambon/maps.htm
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-14-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only Rexy left PBSI. Even some juniour and senior players went to Spore as sparring partners.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is another sad scenario. I remember in the early 90s, PBSI was very tough, players had to toe the line, and most importantly, they produced results!!! Multiple Thomas Cup victories from 1994 - 2002, several World Championship victories and Olympic Golds in 92, 96, 2000, even 2004 (ok, that was when PBSI already had trouble).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    Hahaha, cute analogy!

PBSI should build a better barn and domesticate new good race-horses... who won't run away [even if the barn door is never closed]... Yes, yes, easier said than done...

I think PBSI should forget about Rexy for now. He is very highly compensated for his talents and energy by BAM. PBSI cannot offord him with PBSI's current state of finances... lagi kena 'kanker' [alias 'kantong-kering']...
    There are so many talented former MD players in Indonesia and I don't believe none of them is as capable as Rexy! Are you saying that Rexy's coach Christian Hadinata is not good enough to coach for team Indonesia? Come on, the system is so corrupted and spoil and no one can really fix it and Rexy knows too well. PBSI may match whatever BAM is paying Rexy on paper, but when the pay day comes, Rexy will probably get the check with "I owe you " US$xxx
    Malaysia is the holly land for badminton coaches, just look at those who coached Malaysia before from Luan Jin, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Chen ZhanJet, Morten Frost, Park Jubong, Indra Gunawan, Li Mao, ...
    Malaysia appreciate Rexy and I believe Rexy knows he's at the right place, the right time too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IndoAmerican
    I think PBSI should learn from this lesson.

It is way too late to bring back those invididuals who have made decisions to venture to other countries.

I am sure Rexy, Tony, Halim, Atik, etc took big risks when they first went overboard; now they have a new life in other countries and suceeded outside INA, money is NOT the only one factor (although a huge one). Other factors also come to play.

The lesson here, IMHO, is to treat your people right when they are with you; Therefore you should provide the right incentives, proper treatments, and make it so that they don't even need to consider going somewhere else. Set the politics aside.

I agree with Krisna, PBSI should focus on the future, admit the past mistakes and move on... (and don't play politics with sports)
    I agree 100% with this statement. PBSI should take measures to ensure that their players/coaches will WANT to stay with Indonesia after their career ends by treating them well while they are still playing with them. Do you really think dismissing Lulek and Alvin will change Indonesia's current state? If anything, I think it shall worsen it to have a veteran pair gone. LWW and CTF of Malaysia have stuck through it and managed to perform quite well lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's just too late.... PBSI just cant expect to get whatever they want... this just isn't fair! btw, it should be rexy's decision whether he wants to coach INA or not..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han
    There are so many talented former MD players in Indonesia and I don't believe none of them is as capable as Rexy! Are you saying that Rexy's coach Christian Hadinata is not good enough to coach for team Indonesia? Come on, the system is so corrupted and spoil and no one can really fix it and Rexy knows too well. PBSI may match whatever BAM is paying Rexy on paper, but when the pay day comes, Rexy will probably get the check with "I owe you " US$xxx
    Malaysia is the holly land for badminton coaches, just look at those who coached Malaysia before from Luan Jin, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Chen ZhanJet, Morten Frost, Park Jubong, Indra Gunawan, Li Mao, ...
    Malaysia appreciate Rexy and I believe Rexy knows he's at the right place, the right time too.
    Good comment, well said.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast