highest tenision

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AARON, Jan 17, 2002.

1. AARON

AARON Guest

what raquet can take on the most tenition

2. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

carlton as-1/as-ti claim to be able to take 30lbs...but pros like gade string their rackets at mad tensions like 32-33ish lbs.

3. Don

Don Regular Member

Some Karakal and Black Knight take up to 30.

4. jon

jon Guest

Re: highest tension

... TENSION... not tenitision... or tenision....

its TENSION!!!!

what racquet ... go get a steel T-frame racquet... it'll take anything...

actaully the old Cab-8's could withstand 30lbs... :)

5. Jason

Jason Guest

i've had ppl giv me recommendation for 30X32 for my MP100

6. Pete

Pete Guest

Trust me!!! :) It can take that kind of tension! 30 X 32 isn't bad, but you must have a CP or JP version of course. SP is kind of risky at 30 lbs. Mine is holding up very well so far. You should give 28 X 30 lbs a try sometime, just to be on the safe side. At this level of tension please use titanium strings, else you risk string breakage very quickly.

7. Jason

Jason Guest

I have the TW version... errr... or at least dat's wut a lotta pplz say... the serial number on the racket has a TW in the end... so.... wut's the recommanded tension for this version?... btw.. i want to string it with BG88Ti or BG75Ti or BG68Ti or BG65Ti.. thx

8. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    uhhh a steel eacket can't take that much... i've seen it before. it can bearly stand 24 and it bends. its not like its high quality steel.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey dont forget that It is 3u as well! U will break the racket if u string it at 26!

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Pro Ace claims that their racquets can withstand 31lbs without any problems.

http://www.proace.com.tw/badminton

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    It's marketing BS, but actually Carlton warrant 40 lbs on some models. Can't think of a string that would take that, though...

12. Josh

Josh Guest

A guy at my club has the Carlton Rasmussen strung at 32x32.

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Can most players honestly say they could tell the difference playing with a racquet strung at 29, 30, 31 or 32 lbs? What I mean is that there is a point in which tension and performance gains flatten out. As we get to higher tensions, the difference of a pound is minimal in terms of percentage difference.

14. Pete

Pete Guest

At that high a tension, performance is gained through your ability to withstand the shock of impact and the precise control of the shots you get. To withstand the shock of impact, you need to have a regular schedule of weight lifting and push ups in order to strenghten your shoulders, triceps and forearms (wrist). Without a proper upper body workout you might hurt your elbow and shoulder. Hope this helps.

15. Pete

Pete Guest

I think it is 20 X 22 lbs.

16. Jason

Jason Guest

ic.... lol... so it's a lot weaker right?

17. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    What I meant was the difference between 30 pounds and 31 pounds. When we get to that tension what is percievable between the 1 pound difference.

A study done a few years ago suggested the notion of 'dead' tension. That is when the tension gets so high that there is no difference or no performance gain by going higher.

18. Pete

Pete Guest

The difference is you get even more control over your shots.

19. Pete

Pete Guest

Your racquet, I presume, is 3U in weight. Correct? If it is then you run the risk of breaking it at 26 lbs and above as Yogi mentioned earlier. The recommended tension on the MP-100 SP or TW, 3U, is 18 X 20 lbs. The MP-100 JP, 3U, has a higher recommended tension of 20 X 22 lbs.

If you wish to have your racquet strung at or above 26 lbs, please purchase a 2U model next time. The JP and CP model are certainly the better choice since they allow a much higher tension.

Also, you stated your racquet is G2 in another post. You must have very big hands!!! Is that correct? For the average player, G3 is already very big and limits racquet movement to an extent. Where do you play Jason, I love to see your racquet. :)

20. Pete

Pete Guest

In regards to the string, I would say anything you like. But if you wish nothing but blind smashing games, go for the BG-68 Ti. If you want an all round game, then BG-88 Ti is a must to have.