All IBBS videos are free until June 7

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Gollum, May 14, 2007.

1. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Lee Jae Bok is releasing all his www.ibbs.tv coaching videos for free. You will be able to watch them without subscription until June 2007.

If you haven't already seen these videos, I highly recommend them. Lee is a world-class coach with a compelling teaching style.

2. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    trust me these are excellent stuff. everybody ought to watch them

3. Mathieu

Mathieu Regular Member

Student
    Problem with that website...

This website really looks great but for some reason I just can't see the videos! I registered for the website and I use Internet Explorer as they recommend, but I can only see the videos where you do not need to log in/confirm... the ones where I need to confirm that I 'buy' the (free) video, it says 'connecting to media' ... then is says I can play the video but as I click 'play' it says 'connecting to media' again and so on...:confused:

Anyway... you guys got any tips to make the videos work?? (like version of Internet explorer or something like that)

4. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Thanks for the heads-up Gollum. I agree that there is some very good stuff there. Note that these vids probably will not work properly with a dial-up connection -- you'll need somthing faster, I believe.

5. lolaznboy

lolaznboy New Member

Logging in?

I'm not sure I can get the activation email, could somebody make me an account?

6. Mathieu

Mathieu Regular Member

Student
    I've sent an email to the administrator but he still did not reply :(

I have DSL by the way :)

I have sent you a Private message with the infos for the account I created for you.

#6 Mathieu, May 14, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  7. xflubb

xflubb Regular Member

i havent received my activation email either...could someone create me an account as well??

8. Shinto

Shinto Regular Member

I'm having the same problem as Mathieu. I've made a new account, verified it, upgraded to ie7, disabled firewall, and it still doesn't work. If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it.

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

what a brilliant coach...I watched 3 video's and learned 6 things! (all the little tidbits, you know...devil's in the details ;))

I recommend watchign them to everyone!

10. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    If you can get your hands on it, I recommend the video tape, Play to Win, also by Lee Jae Bok. If I recall correctly, it was done in the early 1990s -- when Lee was much thinner. Unfortunately, it is probably very difficult to find copies of this video tape any longer.

( I recall that LJB was selling copies on another web site a few years back -- not sure what tape format it was tho' and I don't know if that site is still active).

11. Monkey_D_luffy

Monkey_D_luffy Regular Member

Yeh, i'm having the video problem too. i've got the latest windows media player and internet explorer 7, but i can't seem to watch the videos, i hear sounds but no picture. btw i have broadband

12. Mathieu

Mathieu Regular Member

Student
    Finally figured out how to fix the problem!

Ok, after a few hours of researching (instead of doing my homework...:p) I found out how to fix this problem...

1) Open windows media player (they are using windows media player to show the videos through your browser)

2) Go to Tools-->Options-->Network

3) Uncheck 'UDP'

4) Close windows media player, open the website again and try viewing the video...

Attached Files:

13. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I would agree with Jerby 100%. His videos are excellent, he has a wonderful way of breaking down the little details. He demonstrates what the common player mistakes are and why they are detrimental to your game. Following that, he will demonstrate his adjustment/suggestion and why it improves things for your game. All in all there were alot of little details that I never considered from doubles positioning to footwork. Greatly recommend his videos.

14. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    perhaps an account could be made in badminton centrals name or something for everyone to use? useing a useless email adress as reg or something to protect identity of whoever made it perhaps...
    im getting error reports when i try to register and it assures me the administrator has been contacted. Im sure ill never hear from him ever.

15. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    Xcellent job on the fix!:p Need any help with your homework?:confused:

I attempted to register & repeatedly got a system message saying that the Security Code I had entered was invalid (even tho' I had typed in correctly). I sent an email to info@ibbs.tv about the isssue.

Didnt exactly get a reply, but when I tried it the next day it worked the 1st time. Shortly after that, I received the confirmation (validation) email. When I clicked on the link provided in the email, I was informed that the account already had been validated. Go figure.

Try the email address above & see what happens the next day or so.

16. Roman00

Roman00 Regular Member

hm... ive register but no luck so far

anyone mind to share an account they have, if they arent going to pay after june 7 heheheh....

17. 450450

450450 Regular Member

The videos aren't sync'd? The vocal is ok but the video stalls and freezes and skips. I'm using IE7 with latest WMP. Anyone experiencing the same?

18. blink

blink Regular Member

I can't seem to create an account either. It seems whatever I put into it it says there's an e-mail set up with it. Can someone help?! =/ Or better yet set up one for me? :D Thanks.

19. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    Problem Copying file. Administrator has been informed. Your account has NOT been deducted.

anyone encounter this problem??

20. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

If you didn't get account activitation e-mail

I thought I didn't get account activitation e-mail, until I looked closer. It could be your spam filter thought it is spam. My GMail filtered it out. Look for e-mail with subject
    Account Activation Email from IBBS
    in your spam/bulk/junk folder.