Superliga

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 14, 2007.

1. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys wat do u think of the Badminton in Indo?? Will it boost badminton in Indonesia?? or will it just make it worse??

I think Superliga should have more than the present team...big firms should be active and have more teams so the league should be organised like the Premier league...in the long run make the restrictions that clubs can oly have one pelatnas pair and singles player (or foreign) while the other 2 should be homegrown....i.e. developed by the clubs....these clubs are then allowed to send their players to Super Series...so every superseries PBSI would select which players to go based on the performance from the league...so I propose the league should go all year with home and away format.......n only stops in summer.....dat would be awesome

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It will make it better..hopefully Non pelatnas can show that they can beat pelatnas players...I think it will be good for INA badminton

3. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    It could be good, but I am not sure about it because some clubs engaged old crack as Hariyanto Arbi etc, who seemed to me to be still better than the younger generation. But this is just a beginning, as long as the League is held regularly and professionally, it can only be good for Indonesian badminton.

4. kidosetiawan

Student
    True dats why they should have restrictions on players...like above 33 then u are not allowed to play unless you are still actively competing in super series or other open events or at least maintain top 10 world ranking.......

restrictions are important...look at football they have restrictions such as 3 foreign players playing in each game....we can do the same like.....1 single player in an event and 1 doubles while the others have to be homegrown players (trained in the club before turning 19.........so dats wat we call homegrown) this way all the PBs will be more motivated to groom their own players.............

is not impossible to beat China once again if we do this in the league....super series events can be treated like International call ups...so christian Hadinata would choose who to come to represent PBSI in super series well the other clubs can also send their players but those funded by PBSI are the best one...or let the clubs send their players overseas while PBSI will assemble the team during thomas cup and sudirman cup

(but this might be bad as the team will not be together all the time but it happends in football and we still se high quality football so I guess is ok to do this)

wat do u guys think??

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    what is superliga:confused: It sound kinda kinky tho:D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i see. Thanks....

8. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    I think superliga shouldn't let foreigners to join... It's a bit weird, its called Indo Super league, but foreigners are cmg in to help the clubs.. This way, the local plyrs (non pelatnas) would be discouraged to play as they would meet a much better plyr, or even a champ...

9. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Foreigners can attract people to come and see Superliga, as well as old crack players who had glory in the past. English Premier League (Football) would not be as attractive as it is now if there were no foreign players.
    We must see a little bit on the business side.
    But there should be limitation, as kidosetiawan told us, may be max 1 foreign players and 1 old crack per club, but not more than that because otherwise young players will not get their opportunity.

10. kidosetiawan

Student
    Good to see somene agrees with me...but here is the thing...I dun think old crack should even play....I mean the limit is 1 foreign pair or ms and 1 pelatnas pair......well if the pelatnas player is homegrown then is not counted i.e. for example Tangkas can have Simon and Taufik both Pelatnas but Simon is homegrown by Tangkas.....and so clubs can employ as many pelatnas players or foreign players they want but they can only play 1 pelatnas (non homegrown) and 1 foreign player in each game....this way clubs are more encouraged to use homegrown players

another idea just a thought...clubs should start selling their shirts as merchandise.....anybody agree with me???

I mean it could be source of money...imagine a badminton shop with players replica shirt...in the short run just charge low price but if it gets popular then we can charge higher and so on..........this way badminton would become more popular

11. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Old cracks, again, can attract crowd as they have their glorious past and achievement. Forbid them to play, I do not see the reason, as they can be good example for young players how they train so hard and compete again despite of their age. I prefer to make a limitation per club, for both old crack and also foreign player.

Sell shirt, what an idea, but I do not have any clue if people will buy or not. But I can tell you an experience : When I studied in France in small city of Grenoble (may be no one knows where it is, haha) and was playing badminton (for pleasure, I'm not good !), I saw a French girl training badminton wearing shirt written INDONESIA on the back !
    I don't even have that kind of shirt, dunno from where she got it.

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Shirt selling is cool ...for the non-Indonesian market.

Within Indonesia... it is going to be hard to implement because if people do like it, then there will be a copy-cat market in Mangga Dua, Tanah Abang, etc. that will take away the income of the original makers.

13. kimpe_bultang

Hmm.. I think it's nicer to have the plyr's name at the back, like those soccer shirts.. Don't use the club's shirt, as smone not frm the club may use it for no good purposes... Old cracks, LOL, its good to have them play, at least they are Indonesians, but I think foreigns are not important.. However, some old2 players have retire... LMAO, or look at Arbi, he's lost all his majestic-ness.. :D Maybe for those who doesn't know Hendri Saputra would know him if he plays.. LOL :D :D

14. kidosetiawan

Student
    Dats why we have to develop the low cost shirts so dat those ppl in mangga dua can't copy us....DVD for instance...have u ever seen pirated Indonesian film??? no...u dun see them at all cos they are relatively cheap....I mean if we can just sell at 40,000 per unit then I think ppl won't go to Mangga Dua to get it cos the original is already so cheap.....n I am so going to buy the one from Dajrum Kudus with ANdre Kurniawan lol

15. kimpe_bultang

LOL... Yeah, mangga dua, very dangerous.. Hahaha, pirated DVDs, I got a lot man!! It's like, only 5,000 one piece... Hahaha, why wait the real one when the fake ones are as good?? Anyway, its diff in shorts... Really, I gonna buy all those shirts and wear it in all my trainings here.. My friends are gonna be jealous, LMAO, somemore, we can say that the players gave us... :D :D :D

16. kidosetiawan

Student
    True true lol....but why buy the fake ones when the real one cost you only 30,000 per piece.....I'd like to get the Djarum one...it looks good man....and the one that says Andre Kurniawan hehehehe......but u know u dun see fake Indo DVDs in Mangga dua.......u only see those foreign films....so police would be strict if these ppl make copies of badminton shirts......so I gues it should be ok....

I'd buy loads of them man if they really sell it hahaha

17. kimpe_bultang

Yeah!!! Same here... Maybe they should sell cheaper for those BC forumers and players from all the clubs, big and small... That way, ppl would pay more attention to the athletes... :D

18. kidosetiawan

Student
    Hehehe.......the Djarum shirt has the best design...the rest should come up with better designs....Tangkas and Jaya Raya shirts look boring.......

I am supporting Jaya Raya though in the SUperliga.....

19. kimpe_bultang

What do you want?? The Bogasari logo there?? LMAO... Shrit design doesn't matter, as long as the players are comfortable... Maybe you'd like the Pb Pelita Bakrie shirt?? They got lots of shirts, more than 6 I think... Pelita Bakrie joins hands with Jayaraya, btw.. Candra Wijaya and siblings, Tommy Sugiarto, they come from there before they joined Jayaraya...

Pb Tangkas Bogasari Jakarta all the way!!!! Woooh.. :D :D

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Now at least, Chen Hong will be part of Suryanaga with Sony....
    Wang Chen and petya wth Tangkas....it will be fun to watch superliga