Robot Vietnam Badminton Challenge 2007 (23~27/5/2007)

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by anfan2000, May 14, 2007.

1. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    [​IMG]

ROBOT VIETNAM BADMINTON CHALLENGE 2007

Location : Phan Dinh Phung Stadium in Hochiminh City - Vietnam
    Prize Money: US$ 15,000

See more: www.vietnambadminton.com

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Is there any draw yet? I cant understand Vietnamese

3. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    HCM City (VNA) – As many as 258 players from 17 countries and territories are expected to compete in the Robot Viet Nam Challenge Badminton Championships to be held in Ho Chi Minh City from May 22-27.
    This year's tournament has been upgraded to the Challenge championships from the Satellite system.
    Some of the world's top ranked players are expected to lace up for the event, including Malaysia's 19th ranked Hashim Muhd Roslin, Poompat Sapkulchananart (Thailand, 41st), Kidd Nicholas (Britain, 47th), Tan Chun and Seang (Malaysia, 48th).
    The women's draw will be spearheaded by Malaysian Wong Pei Xian, who like her male compatriot is also ranked 19th in the world. Soratja Chansrisukot (Thailand, 30th), Monthila Meemeak (Thailand, 34th), Hallam Tracey (Britain, 40th) and Agnese Allegrini (Italy 41st) round out this years title favourites.
    The men and women’s doubles and the mixed doubles will also draw teams from inside the world’s top 50.
    Viet Nam will send mainly youngsters from their contingent of 55 players to take part in the tournament in a bid to blood them for the rigours of international competition.
    62nd ranked Nguyen Tien Minh, is considered by pundits to have the best chance out of the local.

[​IMG]
    Hashim Muhd Roslim (Rank 19th -MS)

[​IMG]
    x-Wong Pei Xian Julia (Rank 19th -WS)

[​IMG]

Nguyen Tien Minh (player of VN - 62nd MS )

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre Kurniawan Tedjono, Ari Yuli Wahyu will be at the Vietnam Challenge...:cool:

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    same as Rosaria and Maria elfira?

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Indonesian participants

I heard not only Maria Elfira and Rosaria Pungkasari, but also Melicia Kurniawan, Bellaetrix M., Aprillia Yuswandari, Maria Febe Kusumastuti will be there. Febe nearly defeated Cheng Shao Chieh in the round of 32 of Indonesian Open last week. :cool: After escaping a tough rubber set against Febe, Cheng Shao Chieh defeated Xie Xinfang in straight sets... :p Maria Febe is Indonesia's best Junior at this time and will probably do well in this year's Asian Junior and World Junior. The Istora audience said that her footwork remind them of Susy Susanti... [well, actually no laaah... I personally think Susy was much better]

Sylvinna Kurniawan cannot go due to a waist injury she got. Yuan Kartika was pulled out by Pelatnas because of her poor form shown in Thailand Series and Indonesian Open... Melicia Kurniawan of PB. Tangkas and Bellaetrix of PB. Jaya Raya used their own family funds to go compete.

Along with Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Ari Yuli Wahyu ...Hayom Rumbaka and Nugroho Andi Saputro will also join the Vietnam Challenge in MS. This Nugroho is argueably Indonesia's best Junior player... Imelda Wiguna, PBSI's talent scout, said that Nugroho shall be Indonesia's pillar for the future, along with Tommy Sugiarto... :cool: I personally liked Hayom better. I witnessed Hayom showcasing his talent last week when he forced Tommy Sugiarto to rubber sets. Indra Bagus and Bandar Sigit was registered earlier on, but got pulled out this week after unsatisfactory performances of the past 2 weeks...

Nadia-Devi, Yulianti-Richi, Bellaetrix M.-Samantha Lintang, Debby Susanto-Luluk Ulfa, Meliana Jauhari-Shendy Puspa, Rintan Apriliana-Purwati will appear in the WD. :) Pretty massive WD lineup... I think Yulianti-Richi, who won the Thai Series 2 weeks ago, should perform well again. I was surprised with this Nadya-Devi news. I thought Nadia-Nitya will never be separated...

Tantowi-Viki, Fernando-Subakti, Bona-Ahsan, Wifqi-Alfiat will appear in the MD... What happened to Rendra Wijaya, he still does not have any partner to play with?

Tantowi-Yulianti, Viki-Richi, Wifqi-Debby and Luluk-Alfiat in XD... The latter 2 XD pairs are Indonesia's prospects for this year's international Junior Championships...

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    wow..it is impressive..it is time to send all juniors to be grilled outside...

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I saw Melicia Kurniawan competing in the Singapore Satellite last year. She is coached by Liang Chiu Hsia. She appears to come from a well-to-do background.

I am delighted to see Maria Febe and other juniors' progress. Pia's progress seem to have stalled since she joined Pelatnas last year :cool:

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I was quite surprised too that Nitya/Nadya are "separated" now. Perhaps it's just an experiment by Richard? Lita Nurlita needs a better partner than Nathalia Poluakan. There's a good chance that Lita Nurlita/Nitya Krishinda might go far in the NZ Open this week. Nitya/Nadya have been tested for so many times and even then, they lost to Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari a couple of times. Devi's partner (Shendy Puspa) also returned back to Djarum, so, she needs a new partner. We'll see how the new partnership perform.

Tantowi/Yulianti could perhaps win another Satellite title here?

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Robot Vietnam Challenge US$15,000

Int’l badminton tournament draws players from 17 countries, territories

16/05/2007
    VietNamNet Bridge

Taking place from May 22-27 at HCM City’s Phan Dinh Phung Sports House, the Robot Vietnam Challenge badminton tournament will attract the participation of 258 players (147 male and 111 female) from 17 countries and territories.

Foreign teams include Japan, Australia, Iran, Scotland, Britain, Italy, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan and Ireland.

Host Vietnam has the highest number of players, 55: 29 male and 26 female players

Notably, the event will draw many players who are in the top 100 of the International Badminton Federation (IBF) (shouild be BWF) rankings, such as Muhd Roslin and Chung Seang of Malaysia (the world’s 19th and 48th players), Poompat of Thailand (world’s 41st), Britain’s Nicholas Kidd (47th), and Vietnam’s Nguyen Tien Minh, the current champion of the Robot Vietnam Challenge (62nd), for the men’s singles; and Malaysia’s Pie Xian (19th), Thailand’s Soratja and Monthila (30th and 34th), and Zhou Mi (4th at the 2004 Athens Olympics) for the women’s singles.

The total value of prize money is US$15,000, comprising $2,000 for the male champion, $1,300 for the female champion, $1,350 for the men’s and women’s doubles champions, and $1,150 for the mixed doubles champion.

In addition, the singles’ champions will receive more points toward their efforts to qualify for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

11. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I remember Febe almost beat Wang Yihan in MILO 2005, lost 8-11 after lead 8-5 in 3rd set.
    Will Pia still in next INA junior squad ? Without good coach,Pia was better when she trained in Jaya Raya rather than in Pelatnas. For Yuan (and Fransiska), I predict they won't stay in Pelatnas soon.

Dissapointed decision by PBSI, won't send Bandar in here. His performance wasn't bad, quarter final in Thailand and lost in tough 3 sets final qualifying to Andre Kurniawan Tedjono (who beat Jonassen) is good for 16 y.o. player. For me bandar is 1st choice for INA Junior squad followed by Nugroho & Hayom.

I didn't see Lili Siswanti in any tournament this month, where is she ? She usually paired with Richi in WD. Richi also still in junior age, who is her partner in junior team?

#11 Sandy, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I also hope the news I got about Bandar and Indra Bagus not going to Vietnam is incorrect, but that's the latest word on the street... And you're right, Bandar is Indonesia's best choice for the Asian Junior and World Junior championship. Followed by Nugroho. I am pretty sure Hayom is 19 this year, he won't play in the international Junior championships anymore. We shall just let Djarum finance his way into stardom...

Pia is in NZ Open now. Just visit www.tournamentsoftware.com. Last time I checked, she is in the round of 16. I agree with you that Yuan Kartika and Fransisca Ratnasari might not be in the Pelatnas team anymore if there is going to be a cut this year. I think the Pelatnas WS team should just be Firda-Maria-Pia-Aprillia-Febby.

With not much cash, I think PBSI should not recruit anymore WS. Besides, the other talented youths might not be interested in joining Pelatnas at this time anyway. Another option for PBSI is to... give a test-run Aprillia vs. Bellaetrix vs. Linda Weni. Aprillia might fail this because Bellaetrix is actually better and deserve to be in the National Team more. :) Febby... well, PBSI need her for the Asian and World Juniors... :p but her long term prospect is dubious...

Lili Siswati... was fired by Pelatnas and PB. Djarum at the same time. She was very not disciplined... not showing up for practice for weeks at a time with no good reason etc. Lius, Christian, and Hadibowo fired her a few months ago.

Lili had a notorious history of disciplinary problems. PB. Jaya Raya didn't want her anymore. PB. Djarum, who knew she was actually very talented, gave her a second chance and invited her in. Djarum polished her to be a very good Junior player, virtually undefeated as a Junior in 2005. Lili-Shendy then qualified to enter the National Team. But... in the end, ...Lili, yet again, dissapointed her teams. I think we can safely say we shall never hear of her again in the badminton scene. :p

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Look's like it's going to be quite busy schedule over the next 5-6 mths with quite a number of Satellite, Challenger, and GP Gold Events to choose from.

The list is as follows:
    23-27 MAY Vietnam International Challenge 2007
    30-02 JUN Cheers Asian Satellite Badminton Championships 2007

03-08 JUL SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold 2007
    17-22 JUL Bingo Bonanza Philippine Open 2007

28-01 SEP Indonesia Challenge 2007
    04-09 SEP Yonex Sunrise India Open Grand Prix Gold 2007
    18-23 SEP Yonex Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold 2007

02-07 OCT Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2007

06-11 NOV Yonex Sunrise Vietnam Open Grand Prix 2007
    21-25 NOV Malaysia Satellite 2007

Incidentally, most of these events are in neighbouring ASEAN countries (Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia), with only 3 events in India, Macau and Taiwan. So, we are likely to see Djarum and the second-team (and juniors) of Pelatnas players in these events.

The first-team is likely to compete only in the remaining 6 Super Series events and probably a couple of GOLD GP to boost their rankings for the Olympics.

14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Thank's for the info

I'm wrong, I thaught Hayom born in 1989 so still in junior cut off. Looking Djarum sent only Nugroho in Dutch & Germany this year, I believe he is 19 y.o.

I agree that Bellaetrix has better h2h against Aprilia. She was same level with Pia, Sylvinna and now the youngest Maria Febe. Poor her Jaya Raya didn't have money same as Djarum.
    In U-15 national circuit, Febby Angguni (born 1991) wasn't look too far compared Maria Febe (born 1990), some time she beat Maria sometime. PBSI didn't know how manage the young players in Pelatnas, she doesn't good progress during trained in Pelatnas.

#14 Sandy, May 17, 2007
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  15. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Is there anywhere we could find the draw?

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

We desperately need to see the draw!!! Please, anyone???

17. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Anyone know where I can find the drawing for this??

18. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

Can anyone give the match schedule so I can go and watch?

19. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Where can we find the draw??? the draw is well important...especially men's singles!!!! why are the results not on tournament software??

20. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    LIVE ON TV :
    you can watch TV from VN through site :
    www.vtc.com.vn or http://wwitv.com/television/223.htm

23/05/07 Opening Ceremony & ROUND 1
    09h00 - 11h00 on VTV3 channel
    18h30 - 21h00 on HTV - BTV channels

24/0507 Round 2
    09h00 - 11h00 VTV3 channel
    18h30 - 21h00 HTV – BTV - VTC channels