Sportchek Canada

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by david07, May 14, 2007.

1. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Now I know what you guys are going to say, sportchek has crazy prices for the higher end Yonex rackets. However, I recently got a 150 dollar gift certificate to Sportchek. I know some Sportchek stores carry some higher end Yonex rackets, but on their website, they don't show them nor their prices. So could anyone kindly tell from their own eyes only, what racket they saw at what Sportchek and for how much. I'd prefer Sportcheks in Toronto btw. And thanks to all that will help me out.

2. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

last christmas i went to sprotcheck in STC and saw armortec 500 and nanospeed 6000. I think armortec was 170 before tax and nanospeed 10 or 20 more dollars.

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    ok thanks, I might go check it out on the weekend. I can't believe I'm going to buy a racket at Sportchek

4. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

a few months back i saw the NS7000 old colour at the SportChek at the EC for around $200

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Has anyone seen high end Muscle Power rackts there(99 and 100) or Armortech (700,800,9oo) and the prices??

6. james23336

james23336 Regular Member

i seen some muscle powers such as 30,25, and 23 but never a 99 or 100 or anything over 150$

7. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    what else have you seen in sportchek other than muscle powe series? anything high end?

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    LoL David, those crazy prices you mention, are the MSRP retail prices in Calgary :crying: with little chance to haggle them down.
    Hence a lot of players purchase from other retailers & cities.

We <3 Vancouver & Toronto & Ottawa & Montreal :D:D:D

edit: forgot to mention... but these big box sports stores, can "custom order" your racquets into that location... keep in mind, you may or may not be able to get any money off the MSRP if the buyer backs out, then I think what sometimes happens is that the racquet will sit on the shelf.

When I was about 12, I "custom ordered" my racquets through Sports Experts... knew a really good guy, who eventually opened up his own badminton shop :D & he would work out a deal whenever I went into sports experts to purchase.

#8 Kelvin, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  9. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    My friend and I have a fun time at sport check last year, when they still have AT500. At that time they have like 5 AT500 in stock, my friend brought one, and a pack of BG65 and they said they will string it for free, and tell us to come back in a day or so. When we're back the next day, they said that they ran out of AT500(wonder how many racquet they break during stringing), and said they will order it from another store, and it was strung at like 18 lbs or so, when he requested 22lbs, so we ask for a refund on the strings, and I have to bring it to Yos to string it.

For those of you wondering why he got it from Sportcheck is because he wants the warrenty on CD racquets. And Yos was out of stock at that time.

10. Kirbit316

Kirbit316 Regular Member

Student
    I remember I saw an Mp-22 light and an armortec 250. I remembered these two because they were the same price $79.99. =)

P.S: These were at Eaton's Centre and Scarborough towncentre

11. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    The MP22 and AT250 are good for starting.

If you want the HIGH end ones, in Calgary AB there is the Stephen Ave SC.

They sell Arc Saber 9(260),10(270), Armortec 900 Power(250), Technique(250), NanoSpeed 9900 ( 260 I believe...), and theres a bit more.

Just dont get it strung there... 30$ just for the BG65s, and Most dont got good Techs

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Thread from 2007!!