stringing tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by dave, Jan 18, 2002.

1. dave

dave Guest

What would be the ideal tension for an Iso Ti Sx SP using BG-65 Ti?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    That question has no answer. What is a good tension for one might be all wrong for another. It all depends on your technique and how you play.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Mag is right. Ideal string tension depends on your playing style and also the kind of games that you will be playing (e.g. singles, doubles, etc). The average player usually have their racquets strung at 19lbs to 22lbs (probably mostly at 20lbs). More advanced players ranges from 22lb to 26lbs and the pros have those above that (e.g. Peter Gade at 30lbs).

Having said that, I also have racquets strung at lower tension (e.g. 20lbs) for games where I think I will be playing a smashing game (i.e. to work out my frustrations). My normal tension is at 24lbs.

4. Pete

Pete Guest

Try out 27 X 28 lbs for a start! :)

5. Pete

Pete Guest

OOOPPPPS, it should be 27 X 29 lbs. Sorry.

6. ligak

ligak Guest

The answer is: what tension suite your power?

7. Pete

Pete Guest

The answer is as follows: work on it. Build up resistance to the stress of the high tension. The more you workout the stronger you will and the longer you can play at that level of tension. :)

8. jeetz_2

jeetz_2 Guest

I think a good rule of thumb is, if you are unsure of what your racquet should be strung at, is to start at 18-20lbs.... then play for a while, when you feel you can handle this, go up in increments of 1-2 lbs next time you get restrung! Simple.