LWW or CTF as MD coach after they retired

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by alfa-2, May 15, 2007.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i believe that CTF/LWW can be a good MD coach after they retired.......but duno whether MAS will be needing them.

But i think we have to wait another few more years until that happened (the retirements).

What do you guys think about this? Maybe by then a good replacement if Rexy decides to leave? Rexy has done a marvelous job with MAS MD. It will leave very little space for the next replacement to excel above Rexy.........

Maybe LWW n CTF can aid other country's MD section..........eg Singapore or Thailand?

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Good idea so rexy can go to other countries...hehe

3. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Brilliant IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very very good idea!!!!!!!!! so Rexy can come back to his motherland and serve his country to give hope for his 200 million ppl....

u can't deny that he has Indonesian blood and forever he will be Indonesian..He belongs to us please return him!!!

REXY COME BACK TO MOTHERLAND WE NEED YOU!!!!

lihatlah ibu pertiwi sedang bersusah hati
    air mata berlinang emas intannya tenggelam
    hutan sawah gunung lautan simpanan kekayaan
    kini ibu sedang marahan dan rintihan berglora

Rexy ayo pulang...kembali ke ibu pertiwi............rumahmu di Indonesia....

Rexy dun be ashame of Indonesia.....Malaysia might be a better country...we are not a perfect country but u shall never be ashame of Indonesia as motherland has never been ashame of you......so come back

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont think Rexy Is ashamed of Indonesia. This thread is about CTF or LWW as Doubles coach. Please dont go off topic.

5. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    CTF and LWW should be coach for Malaysia...after all Malaysia should use their own ppl instead of relying on Rexy all the time....nobody can gurantee dat Rexy will stay forever...........

BAM have to think bout this......is also for their own good...

PS: Rexy come back to us

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't forget that Rexy chose to coach elsewhere, first in England and now Malaysia. He must have a good reason to be working away from home and missing out on friends and relatives although his own immediate family could have followed him in due course to make his life more pleasant. I understand from this forum that his family is with him in KL.

When he was a professional badminton player, Rexy must have set high goals for himself and he must have achieved most of them. Similarly as a coach, Rexy must have done the same and we have witnessed how England's MD standard has improved. Now Malaysia's MD has produced so many world-class pairs in such a relative short time since Rexy took over.

Rexy has helped Malaysia regain its prestige in world badminton when KKK/TBH took the All England MD title after so many barren years! Malaysia's other mens doubles teams are making waves in the ongoing SS. I'm sure Rexy must have been very happy to have achieved such success as a coach and he is looking forward to more.

Globalisation has enabled Rexy to travel the world and contribute his expertise. Rexy must have found that he is learning and developing himself through his interaction with players from the other countries. He has to enjoy what he's doing. The material rewards must commensurate with his contributions, otherwise it will be unfair on him and he may leave for greener pastures.

Will Indonesia be able to entice Rexy back home? ;)

#6 Loh, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The two Indonesians here asking Rexy to go back are overseas themselves.

And, don't know whether this is true or not, but it seems the calls for him to go back start to appear only after the joined BAM, and not while he was in England.

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Back to the thread topic, I somehow cannot see Choong Tan Fook as a coach. His face is just too funny for players to take him seriously. Wan Wah maybe, but Tan Fook...

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I notice that these calls are recent and even the 'chief' at home is making a similar plea for Rexy to return. When Rexy was coaching England, the Indonesian MD pairs were still strong and even Malaysia found them difficult to beat.

But since Rexy took over, Malaysia's MD were consistently out-manoeuvring the Indonesians. This became an area of great concern for Indonesia. :eek:

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    coz Rexy has truly achieved much more Glory for MAS then for England...........so many prestigious titles in so little time.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe if they coach in Malaysia it is still okay, since they have carved out a name for themselves. It also depends on which level they will be coaching. Coaching juniors should be easier to handle than the seniors, I suppose.

But if they want an overseas assignment, their second language in either English or Malay must be adequate.

It sometimes amazes me how Rexy manages to coach the English in English. Of course, he needs to demonstrate a lot too and this must be the easier part for him.

What about Malaysia's own Tan Kim Her, who will leave Korea for England (soon I think). His command of English must be acceptable. It will do Kim Her a lot of good to interact with non-Malaysian players and learn how to communicate and impart his skills. ;)

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahahaha.....his face is a bit cute.......more of a fren's face then strict coach's face......:D:D:D:D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

There is many thread about Rexy. Pls post there. :) Thanks.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Can you think of some reasons why this is so, his success rate with Malaysians much more higher than with the English?:cool:

15. ants

ants Regular Member

HEhe you have not seen the other side of him.

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Going off topic here......

MAS has more talents in MD section compared to England......just waiting for Rexy to come n unleash them.......:p:p:p:p I mean KKK was there all these times, but Rexy.........(long story....)

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    anyway guys, who do you think can play better on court?? have never really compared them before. and who do you think has the gist to be a good coach like Rexy? I think I recalled an incident where CTF had some arguments with the coach last time, isnt it? discipline issue?

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    my guess is that you've seen it? pls tell us more......not good leh like that........keep us hanging there half way.:D:D:D:D

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Rexy - King of Mix 'n' Match! :D

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Err, what if CTF decides to follow ZJW, migrate to China and work with LYB? Now that's a thought, China will end up having MD pairs with extremely tight defences like CTF/LWW.