User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 28 of 28
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dink, I played with a guy that had some Airplane brand birds, with round tips. It felt very solid and the damn thing lasted forever. One of the guys we were playing with was a hard smasher too. I've been looking online for them but read the RSL Tourneys are great birds.

    Are you from San Jose?

  2. #19
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big8oy View Post
    Thanks for the info...would you still have a source for the T1 at $14/tube?
    I'll PM you, thanks.

  3. #20
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orgasmerator View Post
    Dink, I played with a guy that had some Airplane brand birds, with round tips. It felt very solid and the damn thing lasted forever. One of the guys we were playing with was a hard smasher too. I've been looking online for them but read the RSL Tourneys are great birds.

    Are you from San Jose?
    First, I'm in SoCal not NorCal.

    Second, the rounded tip shuttle sounds like the Aeroplane Green Label G1130. They are just OK to me. The EG1130 (Black Label) is Aeroplane's top shuttle and far better; the Black Label is one of the best shuttles I've tried.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    recently brouht 5 tubes of RSL no.1 tourney @$10.5 in hk
    the quality is the feathers are like duck's
    the hollow on the feather bonds are missing which remind me of ducks
    the shuttles are soft when sqeezing it slightly
    i used tourney no,1 before and heard that some BCer said the shuttle is not as good as before.
    now,it really surprised me .

    would post some review about my stock in a few days

    here're some pics, the yellowish one is the usual one and white one is recently brouht.







    Last edited by hong123; 08-31-2007 at 11:04 PM.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    omg, they really let me down

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SEATTLE, WA
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    RSL T1s last significantly longer than Victor Golds. If the Gold is lasting you 1 game that's great. We usually have to go through 4-5 Golds per game. If a serious, all-out attacking game, one tube per game is possible whereas the RSL T1 would be half that.
    actually RSL #1 not better then A30 or V-green. up here most of us using A30 for $16 and V-green a liitle bit more $18. they r both a lot better then RLS.

  7. #24
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renly View Post
    actually RSL #1 not better then A30 or V-green. up here most of us using A30 for $16 and V-green a liitle bit more $18. they r both a lot better then RLS.
    First off, I'm talking about Victor Gold not Green (which I assume you are referring to, which is Champion No. 1. Very good shuttles, if you get a good batch. I've tried some that were not so good.

    Also, my experience with AS30 is not that great. For the money, they are so-so at best. Now AS40s and AS50s are first-rate but oh so pricey.

    Your experience with RSL T#1 = not so great is the first I've heard.

    Everyone has their own opinion and experiences.

  8. #25
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The images and your experience of RSL T1 is not representative of what we get here. T1 is first-rate here in the U.S. The feathers are very consistent, nothing like you posted.

    Any chance you purchase "fake" shuttles? I know I have personally seen and/or tried the following fake shuttles:

    -Victor Gold
    -Victor Champion No.1
    -Yonex AS10
    -Yonex "AS25"

    Oh, from the images, it also looks like the shuttles may have been exposed to a lot of heat, being so yellow.

    Quote Originally Posted by hong123 View Post
    recently brouht 5 tubes of RSL no.1 tourney @$10.5 in hk
    the quality is the feathers are like duck's
    the hollow on the feather bonds are missing which remind me of ducks
    the shuttles are soft when sqeezing it slightly
    i used tourney no,1 before and heard that some BCer said the shuttle is not as good as before.
    now,it really surprised me .

    would post some review about my stock in a few days

    here're some pics, the yellowish one is the usual one and white one is recently brouht.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SEATTLE, WA
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    First off, I'm talking about Victor Gold not Green (which I assume you are referring to, which is Champion No. 1. Very good shuttles, if you get a good batch. I've tried some that were not so good.

    Also, my experience with AS30 is not that great. For the money, they are so-so at best. Now AS40s and AS50s are first-rate but oh so pricey.

    Your experience with RSL T#1 = not so great is the first I've heard.

    Everyone has their own opinion and experiences.
    this might be good for you in SoCal, Hiqua orange or purple they r a lot cheaper and good for the weather in So Cal only $10 compare with A40 or A50.

  10. #27
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renly View Post
    this might be good for you in SoCal, Hiqua orange or purple they r a lot cheaper and good for the weather in So Cal only $10 compare with A40 or A50.
    HQ Orange and Purple in SoCal are not even close to AS40 and AS50. A big difference in performance and price.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    The images and your experience of RSL T1 is not representative of what we get here. T1 is first-rate here in the U.S. The feathers are very consistent, nothing like you posted.

    Any chance you purchase "fake" shuttles? I know I have personally seen and/or tried the following fake shuttles:

    -Victor Gold
    -Victor Champion No.1
    -Yonex AS10
    -Yonex "AS25"

    Oh, from the images, it also looks like the shuttles may have been exposed to a lot of heat, being so yellow.
    However, the yellow one is normal and great as usual
    the white one i tried yesterday was really bad in fight consistent and durability comparing to the yellow one.
    i know that the t1 is very good coz i used it for few years
    I bid it from yahoo and suspect if they are fake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Nowadays, LCW is better than LD.
    By Alone in forum General Forum
    Replies: 25
    : 11-25-2011, 09:31 PM
  2. Which players are still using old rackets nowadays?
    By yurimaster2010 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 11
    : 11-21-2010, 08:02 AM
  3. Yonex Carbonex 20 too old to buy nowadays?
    By jeffproX in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 10
    : 02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
  4. What are pros using nowadays
    By GunBlade008 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 13
    : 03-17-2007, 05:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •