Newcomer from Kuala Lumpur

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Ramakristan, May 15, 2007.

1. Ramakristan

Ramakristan Regular Member

Sole proprietor
    Hi,
    I am new here, I am from Kuala Lumpur, born and bred here since our country achieved Independent ( Merdeka ) from England.
    I have been playing badminton for over 30 years, just for fun and sweat to keep my body in good shape.
    Started playing since watching Rudy Hartono, Tan Aik Huang, Ng Boon Bee, Punch Gunalan, Lim Swie King and Tan Aik Mong days. I am sure you can guess my age, lol.
    I love and enjoy watching badminton whenever there is a live telecasts on our Astro satellite Tv until going to the extend of buying myself a DVD REcorder recently just to record and keep it as collection like The Singapore Open and recently The Indonesian Open, way to go for our kampung boy, Lee Chong Wei.
    In Dec 2006, me and my family went to England on holidays to stay with my brother, Jefferey in Cambridge, I even took time to play in Cambridge as well. A good workout.
    I am sure everyone knows Ken here, he was playing there as well.
    Yes, Ken, I am Chris Tan, remember me, Jeff's brother ?? Hope so, we played at the Barn, nice court but not used to the enviroment due to the cold air, feather shuttles fly slower than in tropical weather, find it difficult playing, now I understand why Asian players when playing in Europe, they need to adapt and play in colder countries.
    Guess I talked too much when coming to badminton, lol.
    chris tan

2. terry

terry Regular Member

Hi, Chris! welcome to BC forum!

Terry,
    Kuala Lumpur.

3. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Welcome to BC Chris! :D

4. Ramakristan

Ramakristan Regular Member

Sole proprietor
    World Championship 2007

Hi,
    Wow, I did not know there are so many badminton fans from Malaysia, feeling more at home now. Thanks guys !!
    Can't wait to see the World Championship 2007 held at Bt Jalil, Kuala Lumpur this coming August.
    My brother from UK purposely fly back to watch the games and at the same time, enjoy his holidays stay as well.
    Once tickets on sale, I will immediately buy the quarter-final, semi-final and final.
    Next Open in line will be the Japan Yonex Open and I think later by the Korea Open as well, yahoooooo !!!
    Cheers,
    chris

5. terry

terry Regular Member

Yeah! C U at WC'07!!

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome to BCBF! :)