User Tag List

Page 130 of 188 FirstFirst ... 30 80 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,194 to 2,210 of 3182
  1. #2194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Fernando/Wifqi def Ye Shen/Wei Hong 21-14 22-20.. lots of INA MD are improving
    and they improved after leaving PELATNAS
    big question for pelatnas
    why???

  2. #2195
    Regular Member luvina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    and they improved after leaving PELATNAS
    big question for pelatnas
    why???

    The same case with Tommy.

  3. #2196
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,026
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Maestro Rudy Hartono slams shuttlers’ mentality

    Badminton legend Rudy Hartono has questioned the drive of the current national badminton squad.

    He said many top players had not won any prestigious titles in the last few years, despite now having state reward money and improved facilities and coaching at the national training camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta.

    “To become a champion in sports it all depends on the athletes themselves. Excellent facilities do not guarantee success in the making of champions,” Rudy told a group of the country’s best young badminton players at the 60th anniversary of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) on Thursday at the Cipayung national training camp.

    “You, yourselves, determine your own success. Thus, it is important that you nurture your sense of independence and commitment by continuing to work on ways to reach your own excellence and not wait to be spoon-fed by your coach,” said the 61-year-old Rudy, who won the prestigious All-England title eight times in the 60s and 70s.

    Recalling the first time he competed at the London tournament in 1968, Rudy said limited training facilities had not prevented him from becoming champion.

    “I trained without any coach. I finally got Pertamina to fund my ticket to England by pledging that I would return as a champion,” Rudy said.

    And he did – and not just in 1968, but also in 1969-74, and in 1976.

    Comparing PBSI’s current training facilities to those available in the 60s, Rudy, who resigned from the athlete development post in 2006, said PBSI modern training camp was remarkable. Newly appointed Malaysian team singles coach Wong Tat Meng has also praised the Cipayung facilities.

    The PBSI began upgrading the four-hectare Cipayung training camp early this year, adding an Olympic-size swimming pool, running track, and guest house, and renovating its multifunction hall and athlete dormitory.

    PBSI secretary-general Yacob Rusdianto said the renovation work had cost an additional 20 to 25 percent of the camp’s overall annual operational budget of Rp 30 billion, 90 percent of which comes from sponsors and private funding.

    The multifunction hall and guest house were donated by badminton club Djarum, and the swimming pool and running track were paid for by the Youth and Sports Ministry.

    Rudy said there was no excuse for the association’s top players to not be winning tournaments. “The PBSI should impose rewards and punishment more sternly. Within six tournaments in a year, we should be able to decide whether an athlete is worth keeping, or not,” Rudy said.

    Newly appointed athlete development head Hadi Nasri said he would start evaluating each athlete more strictly.

    Nineteen-year-old singles player Renna Suwarno, who is ranked 171 in the world, said, “Every player has a different attitude. I can’t speak for everyone. All I know is that I’m committed to being world champion by the time I’m 22.”


    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...mentality.html

  4. #2197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    and they improved after leaving PELATNAS
    big question for pelatnas
    why???
    More freedom (can pick any tournament they want)
    Less burden (Pelatnas = national team = considered bests among the bests = must win)???

  5. #2198
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    village
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Badminton legend Rudy Hartono has questioned the drive of the current national badminton squad.

    He said many top players had not won any prestigious titles in the last few years, despite now having state reward money and improved facilities and coaching at the national training camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta.

    “To become a champion in sports it all depends on the athletes themselves. Excellent facilities do not guarantee success in the making of champions,” Rudy told a group of the country’s best young badminton players at the 60th anniversary of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) on Thursday at the Cipayung national training camp.

    “You, yourselves, determine your own success. Thus, it is important that you nurture your sense of independence and commitment by continuing to work on ways to reach your own excellence and not wait to be spoon-fed by your coach,” said the 61-year-old Rudy, who won the prestigious All-England title eight times in the 60s and 70s.

    Recalling the first time he competed at the London tournament in 1968, Rudy said limited training facilities had not prevented him from becoming champion.

    “I trained without any coach. I finally got Pertamina to fund my ticket to England by pledging that I would return as a champion,” Rudy said.

    And he did – and not just in 1968, but also in 1969-74, and in 1976.

    Comparing PBSI’s current training facilities to those available in the 60s, Rudy, who resigned from the athlete development post in 2006, said PBSI modern training camp was remarkable. Newly appointed Malaysian team singles coach Wong Tat Meng has also praised the Cipayung facilities.

    The PBSI began upgrading the four-hectare Cipayung training camp early this year, adding an Olympic-size swimming pool, running track, and guest house, and renovating its multifunction hall and athlete dormitory.

    PBSI secretary-general Yacob Rusdianto said the renovation work had cost an additional 20 to 25 percent of the camp’s overall annual operational budget of Rp 30 billion, 90 percent of which comes from sponsors and private funding.

    The multifunction hall and guest house were donated by badminton club Djarum, and the swimming pool and running track were paid for by the Youth and Sports Ministry.

    Rudy said there was no excuse for the association’s top players to not be winning tournaments. “The PBSI should impose rewards and punishment more sternly. Within six tournaments in a year, we should be able to decide whether an athlete is worth keeping, or not,” Rudy said.

    Newly appointed athlete development head Hadi Nasri said he would start evaluating each athlete more strictly.

    Nineteen-year-old singles player Renna Suwarno, who is ranked 171 in the world, said, “Every player has a different attitude. I can’t speak for everyone. All I know is that I’m committed to being world champion by the time I’m 22.”


    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...mentality.html
    Punishment and Reward is not the only factor. There are more aspect of management and strategy of PBSI to facilitate INA's badminton to grow. If our legend mind only keep repeating about this issue only, no wonder current players tend to improve when they left Pelatnas.

  6. #2199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    village
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    More freedom (can pick any tournament they want)
    Less burden (Pelatnas = national team = considered bests among the bests = must win)???
    Freedom is good. But I would like to emphasize that picking tournament nowadays require strategy considering level and form. I smell that PBSI didn't possess good strategy (or no srategy?). Look at our legend Rudy Hartono keep saying on and on about punishment and reward ONLY. And keep comparing to those in the past. Hey, everything is different between the past and present. So, when a player failed in SS level at early round then got punished by withdraw them from next tourney, is that what so called a program? That's most probably why when a player leave pelatnas and then can choose tournament(s) by them selves, progress is still being made rather than stopped merely by the name of punishment.

  7. #2200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont think RH means that. Im totally agree with RH on this as much I also agree to what Om Chris said on the earlier post. Although implementation is another thing. I have witness my self that top INA players regularly went on clubbing during their tournament. One of the reason CHN is now more successful is the fact that their players follow a very strict code of conduct, discipline and high intensity of training. Lets be honest are our current player have the same attitude toward those criterias compare to the previous generation?? Maybe not, or at least in less percentage.

  8. #2201
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    and they improved after leaving PELATNAS
    big question for pelatnas
    why???
    Some players get more burden by being in Pelatnas...same case like Tommy

  9. #2202
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    I dont think RH means that. Im totally agree with RH on this as much I also agree to what Om Chris said on the earlier post. Although implementation is another thing. I have witness my self that top INA players regularly went on clubbing during their tournament. One of the reason CHN is now more successful is the fact that their players follow a very strict code of conduct, discipline and high intensity of training. Lets be honest are our current player have the same attitude toward those criterias compare to the previous generation?? Maybe not, or at least in less percentage.
    CHN players are not like that anymore..I disagree with Rudy hartono...as in his old time,,,there were fewer tournaments and players and now we have so many tournaments , facts , lets take Korean pairs, they keep losing in first 4 or 7 tournaments but they are getting better especially in Double department...same case like Brice, he travels everywhere and lost many tournaments in the beginning, now he is a much a better player...
    FYI, China players always go out during weekend and go home late..they do Clubbing also...I believe Korean players are more likely to follow the strict rules
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 05-10-2011 at 12:44 AM.

  10. #2203
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naistav View Post
    Freedom is good. But I would like to emphasize that picking tournament nowadays require strategy considering level and form. I smell that PBSI didn't possess good strategy (or no srategy?). Look at our legend Rudy Hartono keep saying on and on about punishment and reward ONLY. And keep comparing to those in the past. Hey, everything is different between the past and present. So, when a player failed in SS level at early round then got punished by withdraw them from next tourney, is that what so called a program? That's most probably why when a player leave pelatnas and then can choose tournament(s) by them selves, progress is still being made rather than stopped merely by the name of punishment.
    I agree and INA coach also agree..Rudy lives in the past....even some titles, like koh Chris and LSK had to yield to Rudy..if not..they were not sent to overseas,...Rudy Hartono should have known that...right now..it requires startegy, INA coaches are doing it now and at the same time...they will send young players also

  11. #2204
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    I dont think RH means that. Im totally agree with RH on this as much I also agree to what Om Chris said on the earlier post. Although implementation is another thing. I have witness my self that top INA players regularly went on clubbing during their tournament. One of the reason CHN is now more successful is the fact that their players follow a very strict code of conduct, discipline and high intensity of training. Lets be honest are our current player have the same attitude toward those criterias compare to the previous generation?? Maybe not, or at least in less percentage.
    I was surprise Rudy was not referring to the younger players

    when he mentioned the after 6 tournament cut off

    He probably missed out one word, specialization

    Maybe Indonesia does not need this, simply the pool is too big

    But on the other hand if that really happens,

    there won't be any Sony or Simon or equivalent left in say,

    1.5 years time or less ?


    Going high performance training does not start only with their winning results,

    some needs adjustments, special attention and care...

    That is why we can only find one champion per country so slow

  12. #2205
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,668
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Indonesia looks to India for sports development

    Indonesia looks to India for sports development


    Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 05/05/2011 8:00 AM | Sports

    Full story: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...velopment.html

    Youth and Sports Minister Andi Mallarangeng says Indonesia needs to learn from India about sports science and medicine.

    “We really hope we can send more coaches [to India] in order to boost their quality. In exchange, Indian players could have some training here,” Andi said at a press conference after meeting with India’s Sports Minister, Ajay Maken, in Jakarta on Wednesday.

    “Do not be embarrassed to learn good things from other countries.

    “I encourage all Indonesian sports figures to learn more about sports science, sports lecturers to boost their knowledge, and for doctors to study sports medicine in India, which is indeed more advanced,” he said, adding that the two countries’ closeness in historical and geographical background could help ease the cooperation.

    In response, Maken said he hoped the exchange could also be applied in the use of sports facilities.

    “We have good sports facilities, as well as sports science in education. We welcome all Indonesians to come there to learn,” said Maken, adding that he also encouraged youth of both countries to exchange life experience to learn the historical and cultural backgrounds of each country.

    Maken lauded Indonesia’s power in badminton. “Even one of Indonesia’s coaches has succeeded in producing the world number four in women’s singles, Saina Nehwal [of India],” he added.

    One of Indonesia’s badminton legends, Atik Jauhari, began coaching Nehwal in August, 2008. Since then, the Indian ace managed to win, among other titles, the Indonesian Super Series 2009, Singapore Super Series 2010 and Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in March.

    Nehwal reached her highest world ranking of number two in December last year.

    In exchange for badminton, Maken offered Indonesians to learn more about cricket, boxing and archery on India’s grounds.

    “Our facilities [in the aforementioned sports] are open to all Indonesian sports figures.”

    Maken said he was scheduled to make stopovers in Yogyakarta and Bandung during his visit to see the two cities’ sporting facilities.

  13. #2206
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Going back to RH, i just dont think that what RH mean is purely related to result. He did not use a single word mentioning bad results. He said "The PBSI should impose rewards and punishment more sternly. Within six tournaments in a year, we should be able to decide whether an athlete is worth keeping, or not,”. And these words are misinterpreted from post #2199. RH did not say that after bad results in 6 tournaments PBSI should punish the players by not sending them tournament anymore, instead PBSI should know (based on so many factors such as talent, determination, technical/physical ability, conducts, mentality, etc etc) that within 6 tournaments in a year whether this particular player will be worth keeping. So let say if a player is having bad results in 6 tournament but clearly showing very good elements, hence the anwer will be YES its worth keeping him/her. IMO he's meaning more towards talent spoting (within and outside pelatnas) and having developmeny program in place, not just keeping players that are non performing for so many years simply because there is no alternative. What he's complaining mainly is the mentallity of current players lacking in so many areas that he believe he had during he's hey day.

    I think he's idea is pretty similar in principle to what Koh Chris has said. We can kick all non performing top players out of pelatnas, and risking/sacrificing 10 years ahead without any glory as long as can make sure that the next gen will be up there. OK thats an extreme example. And ideally PBSI should be around the middle that is having players like Hayom and Tommy while also going out spotting the even younger talents. But to me both RH and CH are just saying/urging PBSI to faster the process of regeneration. Not a mindless dictator ready to chop anyone head.
    Last edited by Yoppy; 05-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.

  14. #2207
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,026
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    The new combination of INA MD...these 4 pairs will participate at Candra Wijaya Open:
    Ulin/Ricky Karanda
    Barry/Adie
    Andrei/Christopher
    Agriprima/Marcus Fenaldi
    Ulin/Ricky,Agri/Marcus,Andrei/Cristopher are in Thai GPG entry list, Nice

  15. #2208
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,026
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saw Rijal/Debby name in Singapore Open entry list, how is Rijal's condition now? Getting better?

  16. #2209
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Saw Rijal/Debby name in Singapore Open entry list, how is Rijal's condition now? Getting better?
    I saw him this week and he is okay now..no problem

  17. #2210
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INA will participate UNIVERSIADE at SHENZEN...while I was in Shenzen last week,China is beautifying the streets and recruiting many volunteers for this event.

    Coach: Luluk H and Ronny A
    MS: Alamsyah and Andre Marteen
    WS: Bellatrix M. and Hera desi
    MD: Rian/Angga, Rendy/Afiat
    WD: Jenna G/Dewi K.
    XD: Shendy/Ricky and Richi/Rizky ( If I remember correctly)

Similar Threads

  1. need a badminton coach in indonesia
    By icon03 in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
  2. Indonesia's Badminton Future
    By Loh in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 56
    : 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Indonesia Badminton Forum
    By elepin in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-31-2005, 12:19 AM
  5. Badminton + Indonesia = violence?
    By Mag in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 08-28-2002, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •