User Tag List

Page 144 of 188 FirstFirst ... 44 94 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,432 to 2,448 of 3180
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    the government give sooo much money to soccer which never win something.
    but no money for Badminton which has given 6 gold medals in Olympic.
    now, APBD have veen cut for football club and will be given for the stadium improvement and football development LOL
    omg....
    i just wish that much money will be given to Badminton and Badminton will give more and more olympic golds.... football ?? even, with ten times of that money, we will never reach World Cup... someday, maybe... but medal in world cup or olympic ?? ouch, i do not want to dream right now
    Plus the media contribution particularly television, they on and on televise LIVE football match and as usual don't care about badminton.

I'm no surprise that London Games next year will be televised by TVRI with limited coverage like 2008 edition and surely it's very different story with EURO 2012

EURO 2012 echo is bigger than London Olympic Games in INA, pathetic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Plus the media contribution particularly television, they on and on televise LIVE football match and as usual don't care about badminton.

I'm no surprise that London Games next year will be televised by TVRI with limited coverage like 2008 edition and surely it's very different story with EURO 2012

EURO 2012 echo is bigger than London Olympic Games in INA, pathetic!
    Admit it, football is the most famous sport in Indonesia. No wonder it gets the most coverage in TV. Followed by (in no particular order) badminton, volleyball, basketball, etc...

While Olympics? It's a multi-sport event.
    How many INA viewers interested in watching pole-vaulting?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching baseball?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching fencing?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching water polo?
    And last but not least...
    How many INA viewers interested in watching equestrian?

I believe broadcasting fee for Olympics is no joke (especially if they decide to broadcast the entire sport events) .
    And if the rating is not good enough, the broadcaster will go kaput
    It's better to play safe and broadcast popular sports which INA viewers are familiar (and interested) at...
    Football, basketball, volleyball, badminton!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Admit it, football is the most famous sport in Indonesia. No wonder it gets the most coverage in TV. Followed by (in no particular order) badminton, volleyball, basketball, etc...

While Olympics? It's a multi-sport event.
    How many INA viewers interested in watching pole-vaulting?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching baseball?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching fencing?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching water polo?
    And last but not least...
    How many INA viewers interested in watching equestrian?

I believe broadcasting fee for Olympics is no joke (especially if they decide to broadcast the entire sport events) .
    And if the rating is not good enough, the broadcaster will go kaput
    It's better to play safe and broadcast popular sports which INA viewers are familiar (and interested) at...
    Football, basketball, volleyball, badminton!
    No doubt football is the most popular with massive fans in INA but don't forget INA's most successful sport is badminton

There're some interesting sport in OG like swimming, diving, athletics and I think INA sports fans familiar with the name of Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt

Yeah, agree those free-air tv stations only play SAFE for business. Fortunately, there's pay TV which still broadcast badminton programme
    Last edited by CLELY; 12-21-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I jump in and say that the answer to that is $$$. It's all about $$$ and how it provides return to media and advertiser. It's sad but true, the reality that Indonesia cares more about $$$ than Olympic gold medal. As I'm writing now, I'm in Bali (a beautiful island of Indonesia) and so far not a single time I heard anyone mentioned the word badminton/bull tangkis. While at the same time there are shops selling soccer merchandise, bars showing soccer matches, people talked about Lionel Messi, not to mentioned futsal indoor places are opening in many places. But it's not doom and gloom just yet, when I travelled to the mountain area around Mount Agung, I saw twice village boys and girls played badminton in their court yard on the side of the road. I could not help myself other than dreaming that one day one of those kids will be the world champ.So let's keep our dream alive, that one day Indonesia will back again even better and stronger.INDONESIA BISA!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    May I jump in and say that the answer to that is $$$. It's all about $$$ and how it provides return to media and advertiser. It's sad but true, the reality that Indonesia cares more about $$$ than Olympic gold medal. As I'm writing now, I'm in Bali (a beautiful island of Indonesia) and so far not a single time I heard anyone mentioned the word badminton/bull tangkis. While at the same time there are shops selling soccer merchandise, bars showing soccer matches, people talked about Lionel Messi, not to mentioned futsal indoor places are opening in many places. But it's not doom and gloom just yet, when I travelled to the mountain area around Mount Agung, I saw twice village boys and girls played badminton in their court yard on the side of the road. I could not help myself other than dreaming that one day one of those kids will be the world champ.So let's keep our dream alive, that one day Indonesia will back again even better and stronger.INDONESIA BISA!!!
    actually, for me, its not a big problem when the media and advertiser give more money for football. i agree, its all about business. but, the biggest problem is in the government.
    why they give much much much much much moooreee money for football which have big commercial market ???? even, without the help of government, PSSI can still fund themselves well.
    there is around 15 matches for national team at Gelora Bung Karno every year. from that one only, they can get Rp 30 billion (3 million dollar) as PSSi get 200.000 dollar regularly every game.
    they will get more and more from sponsors, board advertiser and tv rights.
    we havent count also from merchandise....

in regency level...
    every year, 1 regency government give 1 million dollars (1 billion rupiahs) for football and i can assure that not more than 20.000 dollars (200 million rupiahs) for badminton.... for bigger and richest regency, they can give up to 2 million dollars every year for football.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I surely can't speak on the behalf of APBD makers and local govt. But in my opinion, that may have to do with how the fund will be use, let say for example football has 10 times more players and followers than badminton. So in that sense football deserve 10 times more govt funding. Imagine how soccer fans and players will complaint if badminton got more funding. We at the moment must accept the fact that football is the most popular sport in Indonesia. And its quite normal, just like in most other countries football is the numero uno. What's not normal is perhaps the level of corruption within all level of govt and organization such as PBSI and so on. I strongly suspect that some of the $$$ that went into football will end up in some of those criminals pockets.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I surely can't speak on the behalf of APBD makers and local govt. But in my opinion, that may have to do with how the fund will be use, let say for example football has 10 times more players and followers than badminton. So in that sense football deserve 10 times more govt funding. Imagine how soccer fans and players will complaint if badminton got more funding. We at the moment must accept the fact that football is the most popular sport in Indonesia. And its quite normal, just like in most other countries football is the numero uno. What's not normal is perhaps the level of corruption within all level of govt and organization such as PBSI and so on. I strongly suspect that some of the $$$ that went into football will end up in some of those criminals pockets.
    for PSSI, its not the case....
    how many players they have ??
    they dont have any juniors team. even if they have, the team just gathered 2 months before the competition. The competition for juniors is just for U-23 (for Sea games and Olympic), U-19, U-16, U-14. ok, U-19, should have the team. let assume, 25 players. play just for 1-2 weeks (time for 1 competition) in 1 year ! U16 and U14 ?? nope, PSSI will give the place for the winner of junior competition like danone cup, liga pendidikan etc. so, PSSI will not lose money for this part. U-23 ?? just for sea games every 2 years and for Olympic qualification every 4 years !

National Team ?? If they qualify for 1st round in every qualification and go to group stage qualification like now in WC qualification PSSI will go abroad in around 20 matches every year. Look.. ! with just 25 players, and just around Asia !!

How many players in Pelatnas PBSI ?? I dont know, but sure, more than PSSI have !
    how many tournament ?? so many around the world including European tour twice a year !

Dont forget that PSSI get much money from commercial, ticket etc....
    and dont forget also that PSSI never give any achievement....

omg.....

dont know what to say....

on the part of government, its different from talking about popularity...
    government should give the best for who need most and who give most, not the popular one ! different case if we talk for the part of commercial side. yes, i agree, popularity is the main issue. because, advertiser will find where the market is...

government do not need any advertisement, i think....

haha, finally i can speak up all my opinion about PBSI vs PSSI
    Last edited by fathonezic; 12-22-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for not making it clearer earlier, I said players and fans, by that I mean the general population of players and fans, and not merely professional players. Rightly so, the govt can give more attention to the most played and enjoyed sports for the people, and that is football. Before badminton becomes the most popular sport in the nation, we can forget about getting the most fund. You can also add the political spectrum in the context, football it's also can add more votes in the election, badminton oTOH has not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also add the political spectrum in the context, football it's also can add more votes in the election, badminton oTOH has not.
    Just when I'm about to write it...
    Yea, that's right.
    Football = huge mass of fans
    Politics = need for huge amount of votes
    You do the math.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is more towards political decision rather than sport's performance decision.

IMO, Govt should popularize badminton more, based on current performance & history, INA badminton performs really well.. by doing this will attract a lot of children playing badminton. It means larger pool for the talent scout to pick & choose.

Additionally, PBSI & Govt should work side by side in ensuring players future especially after they retire..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ullisse View Post
    I think Rijal/Debby results are not so bad! They can still be improved.Even though it is not so super results, but INA's team need them as back up. Just like what had happened during preparation of SEA Games last November, when Pia decided to quit pelatnas, at least at that moment there were Rijal/Debby who could fill up the position left by Fran/Pia. Recent 'upset by Rijal/Debby' as unseeded:* Won against Songphol/Kuchala [7] - Denmark Open 2011 21-14, 21-18* Won against Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [5] - Macau Open 21-11, 21-14
    Well,they are in India GPG semifinal. Watched them in first round agaisnt songphon/kunchala, debby's defence quite good(or perhaps songphon's smash is not that hard).Will try to analyze their game tomorrow against diju/jwala.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Olympics Looming, Shuttler's Slump Cause Concern

Ami Afriatni | December 26, 2011

The slump of Indonesian’s shuttlers continued this year as China kept up its world-dominating performance in the sport.

Just like last year, the country’s shuttlers finished the year with just two titles of 60 available in the 12-tournament Super Series – badminton’s top competition – while China took 47 titles, including four in the season-ending Super Series Finals.

--------------------------------------------------

The country’s shuttlers did not enjoy much more success in second-tier Grand Prix tournaments, taking only eight titles from 16 tournaments where 85 titles were available. Tontowi and Liliyana won twice, in Malaysia and Macau.

Indonesia dominated the Southeast Asian Games, though, taking five of seven gold medals in November in Jakarta.

The slide in results is concerning because it could keep the country’s players out of next year’s London Olympics, something the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) hopes to avoid.

Only the top 16 singles players and top eight pairs in doubles events in the Badminton World Federation’s ranking as of May 3, 2012, will earn automatic tickets to the London Games.

Based on the Dec. 22 ranking, eight Indonesians in four events are in contention for the Olympics. They are Simon Santoso (ranked seventh) and Taufik Hidayat (12th) in men’s singles, Bona Septano and Mohammad Ahsan (seventh) in men’s doubles, women’s doubles pair Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari (eighth) and mixed doubles duo Tontowi and Liliyana (fourth).

---------------------------------------------------

Hadi Nazri, the PBSI’s head of athlete development, said the next Olympics might be the toughest yet for Indonesia.

“But as a PBSI official, I must be optimistic that hope is still there for us to win the gold, even though the chance is smaller than ever,” said Hadi, who helped men’s singles shuttler Alan Budi Kusuma and women’s singles star Susi Susanti win gold medals at the 1992 Games in Barcelona.

Those chances in London lie in the hands of the country’s big names, especially, he said, Tontowi and Liliyana.

In singles events, Hadi admitted that there was almost no hope for a medal.

“Based on my experience, only the top four in the world rankings that have a real chance for an Olympic gold medal,” Hadi said. “We have lots of potential youngsters [in singles], but it’d be difficult to push them to qualify for the Olympics next year. It’ll take a couple more years to bring them to that level.”

----------------------------------------------------

Read completely : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badmi...concern/487155

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll be toughest chance for INA shuttlers to win gold medal in 2012 OG compared with the previous editions following poor result lately

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Road to London: Not for the faint-hearted
    Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Tue, 12/27/2011

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...t-hearted.html

Excerpts:

...“However, that depends mainly on each shuttler. How bad they want to play at the Olympics will determine their willingness to train harder and to be more disciplined and motivated,” said the former All England men’s doubles champion.

...Undeniably, Towi and Lili are seen as Indonesia’s most promising duo to qualify for London. They are currently world No. 4, two levels below their brief rocketing stint to world No. 2 rank at the start of 2011. The men’s doubles Bona and Ahsan are also presently in their best form so far at world No. 6, two levels up from the No. 8 position earlier this year.

“But they still need to work on the way they face critical points in tough matches. It is no longer about technical skills, but more about the issue of concentration, courage and the ability to learn from their experience,” said Christian, ...

...“Our previous target was to reach the world top four [in singles], but the women continue to drift afar from the top 10, while the men are stagnant,” Hadi said.

...Simon Santoso, who once stood in the world’s top three, is now the country’s only singles shuttler to be at No. 8, which is already a recovery after a slump to the 19th position in August due to a difficult adjustment with the training program brought about by singles head coach Li Mao of China. Indonesia’s other men’s singles hopefuls are world No. 18 Tommy Sugiarto and Hayom Dionysius Rumbaka (23).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2 news articles are really stark reminders of how the INA players have fallen, esp the Olympic Gold-Medallist Taufik Hidayat and Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan.

PBSI's insistence on them joining the SEA Games in mid-Nov instead of the Hong Kong SS might have costed them their London Olympics spot, in particular Kido/Hendra as the pair is now thrown out of top 10 and will be unseeded for the Korea SSP and possibly AE SSP too! It will be hard for them to qualify given that Alvent/AG also have pts advantage over them, thanks to the QF finish in HKG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://pb-pbsi.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/655

Berikut daftar revisi susunan tim bayangan Piala Thomas & Uber 2012 :

Tim Putra

1. Simon Santoso
    2. Taufik Hidayat
    3. Tommy Sugiarto
    4. Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka
    5. Alamsyah Yunus