User Tag List

Page 163 of 188 FirstFirst ... 63 113 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,755 to 2,771 of 3190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indonesia is in the lowest level now, can't reach final in olympics. so sad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosid View Post
    Indonesia is in the lowest level now, can't reach final in olympics. so sad.
    Yup, disaster for INA badminton. For the first time none of INA shuttler through to finale and automatically gold medal tradition ended here in London
    Hopefully, Towi/Liliyana will deliver bronze today!
    The worst scenario is badminton can't bag any medal if they lost to Danish pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Indonesia can't get a bronze!!
    Poor Indonesia T____T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No medals for Indonesia... But still have faith for INA badminton and big hope for the juniors. It might be the end of an era but for the risen of the new ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure INA has a lot of potential talent. However, can PBSI really guide those talent to become real champions? In the past 4 years there is no real world class player coming from the national team. What make us think INA can produce champions in the next 4 years?

My question to forumers who knows better about national team and PBSI: are there any significant changes within PBSI recently? Can INA really rely on them to produce champions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is scared of Indonesia now given their current results from London.

The people you all should blame are Setiawan/Kido for screwing your medal chances.

They could have qualified but they do not want to. They messed up Indonesia big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    Will anyone in PBSI be held responsible for the worst result ever in Olympic?
    I don't think so. It looks like "when the pile of **** hit the fans everybody will run away and hide". Or just finger pointing here and there but nothing serious in the end.

We are not a badminton powerhouse anymore, probably since 5yrs ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not their fault(INA players)...

it's the weather in England man... it's way too cold for what INA players are used to playing in...

even Taufik said in an interview "It's too early, it's like i'm still sleeping" against Lin Dan.. LOL !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    it's not their fault(INA players)...

it's the weather in England man... it's way too cold for what INA players are used to playing in...

even Taufik said in an interview "It's too early, it's like i'm still sleeping" against Lin Dan.. LOL !!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MelvIndonesia View Post
    Even Indonesia can't get a bronze!!
    Poor Indonesia T____T
    For the first time badminton failed to contribute any medal in Olympic stage
    A big blow for INA badminton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very disappointed and sad with the current result. I can't describe what I feel right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss Maria Kristin Yulianti...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indonesia Ought to Diversify Focus in Other Sports After Badminton Fallout

August 04, 2012 | by Pangeran Siahaan
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/thepi...fallout/535068

Excerpts:

That’s it. Indonesia’s dream of Olympic gold has been shattered. For the first time since the badminton was introduced in the Summer Games in 1992, Indonesian contingents will be going home without a gold bling to exhibit, following the defeat of mixed doubles pair Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir, and men's doubles pair Muhammad Ahsan and Bona Septano.

...The relentless fear of going home without a gold medal had been a menacing threat after our inaugural golds in Barcelona. “Keep the gold tradition” is the mantra that has been repeated every 4 years. In the past, our athletes might not perform convincingly in the build-up to the final match, but somehow we still got away with golds. Then we started to think that getting an Olympic gold is like a god-given right for Indonesia, like in every Olympic there’s a gold medal that has “Indonesia” engraved on it before the games even start. In a way, we took it for granted.

Badminton has been our forte, our playing ground where, not only we stand an actual chance to get a gold, Indonesian athletes are traditionally seen as one of the big boys. Unfortunately, that also means that our sporting scheme is undiversified. If we cocked up in badminton – something that had never happened before – then we would get a huge problem looking for the gold from elsewhere.

The thing is we’re hardly good enough in anything else. We took the world by fire in Dragon Boat, but it’s not an Olympic sport. Our basketball, volleyball and beach volleyball teams show promise but it’s still a long way to go until we can reach the Olympic standards. We’re clearly disadvantaged in aquatic sports and athletics where physical built and posture have a significant role. And don't let me started on our football team. It’s practically a joke, and an unfunny one.

...Badminton will still be a spine to our Olympic triumph in the future. After all, we’re still considered as giants (a sleeping one, if you may) in this discipline, but we should start building around other sports with potential success. Let’s start from weightlifting. Considering how much money we have spent on football without any outcome, it would be a travesty if we don't put similar effort on Olympic medal-winning sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    Will anyone in PBSI be held responsible for the worst result ever in Olympic?
    Yes i certainly feel PBSI SHOULD be held responsible for the decline in INA's badminton for the past decade or so. A change in the organisation is desperately needed in order to revive our Olympic hopes in Rio 2016. From what I've heard, any talent who wishes to join PBSI must "donate" a huge sum of money in order to become a national player. PBSI needs to wreck their current scouting system, ditch the money-oriented mentality, and recruit youngsters solely based on their talents not how thick their wallets are. Training routines also need to be upgraded with modern techniques and sport science. All in all PBSI needs a major sponsorship. Let's all hope we can mould our youngsters in time for Rio 2016 to snatch that gold once again.

Kido/Hendra are not to blame 100% yes, it was their fault for taking things too easily when they had to work hard to qualify but if our regeneration was as good as CHN's we wouldn't be missing the Olympic gold right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let Djarum replaced PBSI to govern all INA's badminton and they'll do 10x better job. Sadly it'll never happened.
    The current PBSI leadership need to be replaced. There's just no way around a failure such as this one (failing to medal at all).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/londo...ash-out/535195

Excerpt:

Looking at the gloom hanging over Indonesian badminton’s current state, former Olympic gold medalist Candra Wijaya said the fall was foreseen a few years ago.

“When the Indonesian Badminton Association [PBSI] asked me to rejoin the national training camp back in 2007, the signal was very clear. We’re lacking regeneration,” he said. “We have lots of homework to do. It’s time to stick together and take action. We need to do what we have to do if we want to reclaim our status as the sport’s powerhouse.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/londo...ash-out/535195

Excerpt:

Looking at the gloom hanging over Indonesian badminton’s current state, former Olympic gold medalist Candra Wijaya said the fall was foreseen a few years ago.

“When the Indonesian Badminton Association [PBSI] asked me to rejoin the national training camp back in 2007, the signal was very clear. We’re lacking regeneration,” he said. “We have lots of homework to do. It’s time to stick together and take action. We need to do what we have to do if we want to reclaim our status as the sport’s powerhouse.”
    Indonesian economy is doing extremely well but their badminton is at a low point. Hmm......I feel strange. Normally when a country economy is doing well, they have more money to develop sports. I feel puzzled. May be I don't understand indonesia badminton.