Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    MS
    I think is good having Hendrawan as a singles coach it showed that modern game is implied in Indo badminton....But I don't think is very effective for him to work on his own.....so It would be good to get another coach to accompany Hendrawan.......well an option would be Li Mao (but he is now in Korea), Zhao Jian Hua (language barrier and he is not disciplined), Fang Kai Xiang (but he is with Djarum), Morten Frost Hansen (again language barrier), Heryanto Arbi (might be a good choice but lacks experience), Ardy B Wiratama or maybe Hermawan Susanto.......wat do u guys think???

Personally I think Hendrawan has done quite a good job...we can see dat Sony and Simon is begining to improve...but we need another coach in this sector........

MD

Christian Hadinata is getting old and not productive in producing new players....well we can see that Joko Riyadi-Hendra Gunawan is slowly maturing but not enough....Kido-Setiawan is not dat sharp anymore...Luluk-Alven I dun even want to say anything about them...................currently PBSI has Herry Ipei and someone else I forgot....but getting Rexy is a must for PBSI!!!!!!!!!! or another choice might be Tony Gunawan...his youthful spirit might help PBSI but he is still with that USA badminton thing....Candra Wijaya another good choice for me.......Halim Haryanto could be called back as well to help out.......how bout Ricky Subagja (but I bet the guy wouldn't wanna come back to badminton)....well we'll see but I do believe if u let Candra, Sigit, Halim and Tony work together as a coach they are capable of producing good qualities men's doubles...but I am not sure cos all 4 of them would be expensive while in Thomas Cup we only need 2 doubles...however imagine all 4 of them having their own pair dat is world class............

so please I hope for your feedback regarding this

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Christian Hadinata is not coaching doubles at all these days. He is the head of all Pelatnas since last year. The doubles coaches are:
    - Sigit Pamungkas for Kido-Hendra, Luluk-Alven...
    - Herry IP for many many others...
    - Thomas for the Juniors...
    - Richard Mainaky for XD and WD...

We cannot really blame Christian for not being productive... He is assigned to many different other tasks and the kinds of talents that are available... mmm just not like it was.

The root of the problem with Indonesian badminton is: PBSI management! Namely 2 things: bad management of incentives [contract with players etc.], not enough 'grass-root' development all over Indonesia...

#2 Krisna, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  3. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    Can't imagina taufik under zhao jian hua. Huehuehueh, it will be more interesting to watch this player then. He can make more trouble but also getting better:)

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i love Heryanto Arbi......one of my all time favourite player.

5. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Thomas helping Hendrawan too, btw... And, hahaha, now, Kindra and Luvent are held by SIGIT PAMUNGKAS!! the guy who bullied Joko Riyadi, LMAO, and who brought trouble to PBSI.. Iie S should be holding all the juniors... He's amazing, then INA will have a lot more plyrs like him and Taufik...
    Rexy, he should have accepted PBSI's offer... then, INA can be better... 29 of May, smtgh happening drg the Astec Open (Jakarta Open).. I dunno how to explain, but its smtgh abt PBSI commitee I guess...

6. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Dont worry... Indonesia got very strong foundation for badminton
    Is only matters of time before the bounce back!

7. kidosetiawan

Student
    we have a talent pool.....most of sportsmen in Indo the best ones are badminton players so statistically speaking compared to China we should be better as China only about 30% of their samples of the best athletes are actually badminton players while the rest is basically gymnast and table tennis players.......while Indo if u take a stratisfied sample of 200....170 would be badminton players........so we have the talent pool is politics that ruins the badminton.......

PBSI should be run by private enterprise not the government....pay higher wages to players and coaches.....this way is a win-win solution for both parties....now is win-lose solution....PBSI is losing out and Sutiyoso is gaining everything more chance for corruption more publicity (I have disliked that guy forever.....as a governor and as a PBSI head...all he does is shout try playing it yourself then u fatass) but with private enterprise is a win-win solution...these guys would want to bring about new badminton superstars that would be good for their marketing purpose....so PBSI would be managed in a very efficient way....look at Djarum Kudus....they have better training ground compared to the ones that PBSI have right now...I heard it has the best facility in the world...

SO Sutiyoso please step down with all due respect.......its no use u won't win any elections like this.....

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    PBSI theoretically can be run by any Indonesian citizen... not necessarily by the government. The PBSI head is elected by the thirty-something Ketua Pengda PBSI [Regional PBSI]... Theoretically, PBSI head is not selected by the government.

Yes, of course, in the past, when President Soeharto 'suggested' that Vice President Tri Sutrisno become PBSI head, that's a 'suggestion' that was hard to ignore... But the compensation of this 'Presidential suggestion' was: government funding for badminton development... even the usage of army cargo planes to take our players to regional tournaments [rather than pay expensive plane tickets]

Nowadays, there are no more direct government funding to PBSI. ZERO FUNDING from the government, ladies and gentlemen... Fairly enough, the central government don't meddle at all in the PBSI elections nowadays.

Then, why is the PBSI head the governor of Jakarta and a former general?
    Answer: for funding!

Without government support, PBSI is cash strapped. Without 3rd party funding, the main cash coming in is only from the interest of 'dana abadi' [lifetime fund], and cutting a bigger slice of the players' equipment contract. This barely covers 20% of PBSI's operational needs.

The governor of Jakarta can bring in enough 3rd party funds into PBSI... by arranging one or two 'fund raising' nights attended by Jakarta businessmen. Most notably the real estate developers who need lots of permits from the governor of Jakarta.

The main contribution of PBSI head to Indonesian badminton is to bring in the cash for Pelatnas operations [travelling funds, training, food, etc.]. 80% of all PBSI expense is covered by this.

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Every new PBSI head needs to answer how he[or she] can come up with the cash needed to maintain the current operations [big Pelatnas size etc.].

or...

Change the current operational model altogether! If cash strapped, then act like the Holland [Dutch] Badminton Association and most tennis associations. Spend almost nothing on player expenses. Let them be professionals and let them look for their own funds [and keep all their promotion and prize money]. Don't take care of them too much. Just organize the best of them for Thomas, Uber, Sudirman Cups and SEA Games, Asian Games, and the Olympics.

#9 Krisna, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  10. kidosetiawan

Student
    well dats one way...the hands off approach that everyone suggested...but badminton is not like Tennis...players like Taufik may be able to look after himself but Simon or Sony??? dun think so...they come from poor family background is difficult to raise money themselves to participate in tournament.....

there is another way of doing it......right now if you look at INA players shirts during any competition (the front bit) they have no decorations at all!!! now dats a source of money.....like in football all those European teams like Intermilan has Pirelli, Real Madrid with Siemens mobile n so on.....those stuff cost money!!! teams get paid for putting them on....now if I may suggest PBSI should let big firms to put decorations on our players' shirts!!!! dat would raise money..........alot of money!!! while Yonex can be the kit supplier firms can be sponsors of the INA national team...look at China they have Fed Ex.....dat thing generates money and Malaysia with Proton.....do u think they are willing to put them for free?? No my friend those cost money........see PBSI is throwing an oppurtunity like this away! wow!! I think many firms would be willing to sponsor PBSI.....car manufacturing firms like Toyota might be a start, or other real estate big boss as u sed........besides these days sports and advertising have become closely integrated....so wat are we waiting for??

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    PBSI with Jarum....

12. IndoAmerican

IndoAmerican Regular Member

I totally agree with this statement,
    Djarum players already have their sponsor logo in the front of their shirts, at least the one I think I saw at Swiss Open.

13. kidosetiawan

Student
    Now dats Djarum....but not PBSI...but look at Djarum they are huge firm!! nto mentioning their rival Gudang Garam also another big firm supporting Suryanaga in Surabaya.....Tangkas Bogasari also supported by big firm....Bogasari is a flour manufacturing company..........Djarum has better training ground than PBSI fact...well the drawback is dat is not in the capital so is hard for most players.......but Kudus is a talent pool along with Surabaya, Klaten, Yogyakarta, Tegal, Solo and Bandung these are places where we can look for potentials!!! they are amazing.......well I dun see whats so hard bout getting sponsor......we can start from Sampoerna (another cigarettes company) since Djarum and Gudang Garam is there then Sampoerna might follow as well with PBSI....or even Indofood...we all know Indofood with Indomie...Imagine if PBSI players' shirts are decorated with Indofood!!!!!! Imagine how much money will go to PBSI....with this we dun need bang Yos he can f--k off! n get Badminton loving ppl with managerial charisma to manage PBSI.....is not the coach is the management....If this happend I can see us getting lots of potential young players every year...besides is not a bad thing to do having sponsors......China have Fed Ex Malaysia have Proton......well dats only the big one...how bout the smaller ones?? decorated around the shirts??? wow another money

Another source of money can be with selling shirts.....merchendise...everyone would agree dat we can't get shirts with Taufik written at the back in any stores rite?? like in football u can get the different teams shirts from Intermilan up to crappy Messina....this is source of cash.......so why do we need government funding if we can do all these??

14. kimpe_bultang

PBSI is now currently looking for a company to fund them... Until now, only Yonex is funding.. Acytually, they should made good use of Yonex, since all of the Yonex rackets got PBSI logo there...

15. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Change the management of PBSI, the root of all problems is there.

16. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Any possibility of TH's powerful father-in-law exercising some influence on PBSI or whatever?

17. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    I would prefer not to choose any military or political power again to run PBSI.
    I think that a businessman who loves badminton could be a good leader (Who has money and loves badminton).

18. kidosetiawan

Student
    Give PBSI to Djarum it would be fine or give them to Indofood they have loads of money or maybe Salim group

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Isn't a coincidence that Kido/Hendra's performance is not as sharp as before since coached by Sigit Pamungkas?

20. kimpe_bultang

Salim, is it diff from indo2 grp?? I thought they are the same grp.... Yeaah, Indo2 grp should help PBSI, then every match would be telecasted by Indosiar... LMAO... djarum, maybe not, they're holding Pb Djarum already, ltr, those Djarum plyrs can go to PBSI easily, you know what I mean... :)