User Tag List

Page 22 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 122 ... LastLast
Results 358 to 374 of 3180
  1. #358
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Icuk claimed that he got the support and financial backing of:
    Menko Kesra [Aburizal Bakrie]
    Menteri Kehutanan [M. S. Kaban]
    Menteri Olahraga [Adiyaksa]
    I forgot one more name that Icuk mentioned as his financial pillar:
    Menteri Pertanian [Anton A.]

  2. #359
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default As i was reading through the last pages of this thread..

    ...i'm not at all surprised by what's going on, transpired & been developing behind the scenes. I mean, what else is new esp. in the way the Indonesian system works????......
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    ... thats why i think we'll all witness the day when PBSI implodes while pb.djarum takes over INA's badminton
    ...hmm, instead of PB. Djarum, i was thinking maybe our Krisna should head the reform and nominate himself to be the new PBSI Chairman....I mean, just by reading his recent posts (in this thread), he sure has the fire & i'm sure he knows the inner workings of the badminton politics in Indonesia....I'm for it, any other BCers behind this idea??...

  3. #360
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    the problem with INA's badminton today is those who are positioned as chairman of PBSI do not care about badminton as much as they care about transforming PBSI into some money pinata in order to fill their own pockets- that's their first priority...in terms of players' achievements & performances, well lets face it, its ranked 10th in their priority lists...
    Actually, the last several PBSI head that I know:
    Pak Ferry Sonnevile
    Pak Tri Sutrisno
    Pak Suryadi
    Pak Bagio
    Pak Chairul Tanjung
    Pak Sutijoso
    ...didn't use PBSI into their money pinata... for their stature, PBSI's money is not sizeable...

    I do have to note that nick.h is right that badminton is not their 1st priority... They often use their role as PBSI head to get national exposure... useful for later political careers... [i.e. nominating himself as the next Republic of Indonesia President etc.]

  4. #361
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...i was thinking maybe our Krisna should head the reform and nominate himself to be the new PBSI Chairman....
    I'll run in circa 2028! For the time being, better to influence reform but still be in the shadows... Being invisible is a form of power!

  5. #362
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can feel the shockwave from here
    wow, fired from pbsi and now hired back with a promotion, Joko must be kneeling alot to get that job lol I don't think TH liked this change.

  6. #363
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia & UK
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Actually, the last several PBSI head that I know:
    Pak Ferry Sonnevile
    Pak Tri Sutrisno
    Pak Suryadi
    Pak Bagio
    Pak Chairul Tanjung
    Pak Sutijoso
    ...didn't use PBSI into their money pinata... for their stature, PBSI's money is not sizeable...

    I do have to note that nick.h is right that badminton is not their 1st priority... They often use their role as PBSI head to get national exposure... useful for later political careers... [i.e. nominating himself as the next Republic of Indonesia President etc.]

    hehe maybe what i meant to say was not PBSI as a money pinata...but PBSI as some sort of tool that they use to improve/extent further their personal status in our beloved country...yes?

    but icuk...is he capable of running PBSI?...to be the head of PBSI the guy needs to be willing to dig deep in his own pocket to cover PBSI's expenses...i think this is one of the reasons why bang yos decided to step down...isnt it?

  7. #364
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i can feel the shockwave from here
    wow, fired from pbsi and now hired back with a promotion, Joko must be kneeling alot to get that job lol I don't think TH liked this change.
    Taufik and Vita promise to quit being active players if Icuk is the PBSI Head...

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    hehe maybe what i meant to say was not PBSI as a money pinata...but PBSI as some sort of tool that they use to improve/extent further their personal status in our beloved country...yes?
    Yes... you're right about enhancing personal status...

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    but icuk...is he capable of running PBSI?...to be the head of PBSI the guy needs to be willing to dig deep in his own pocket to cover PBSI's expenses...i think this is one of the reasons why bang yos decided to step down...isnt it?
    Bang Yos now has to dig a lot of money from his pockets and other donors/contributors to run as INA President... INA Badminton will surely not be his top priority in 2009 [the INA election year]... Frankly, I don't think any of the legislative parties will want to nominate him... They have their own champions. So, by May 2009 we might see the end of the Sutiyoso Presidential campaign...

  8. #365
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia & UK
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Taufik and Vita promise to quit being active players if Icuk is the PBSI Head...



    Yes... you're right about enhancing personal status...



    Bang Yos now has to dig a lot of money from his pockets and other donors/contributors to run as INA President... INA Badminton will surely not be his top priority in 2009 [the INA election year]... Frankly, I don't think any of the legislative parties will want to nominate him... They have their own champions. So, by May 2009 we might see the end of the Sutiyoso Presidential campaign...
    no offense to bang yos, but i really dont think he's qualified to run as INA's president...the way i see it, even though he succeeded in defending INA's gold medal tradition, he's still not-a-good-enough head of PBSI...i've always thought of him as a 'short sighted' guy in terms of goals & targets...and out of the many promises he made (regeneration in 2 years, 4 medals in beijing ,etc), how many did he actually keep? well, thats jst my opinion though

  9. #366
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I'll run in circa 2028! For the time being, better to influence reform but still be in the shadows... Being invisible is a form of power!
    You know Sire, perhaps I can be your fundraiser.
    Please PM me when you've made your mind!
    I think I can do something to INA baddie by 2028...

  10. #367
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    You know Sire, perhaps I can be your fundraiser.
    Please PM me when you've made your mind!
    I think I can do something to INA baddie by 2028...
    Ha ha ha, ok ok... I will keep you in mind. Though I hope in 2028 I am in a financially sound condition that I don't even need any additional fundraiser at that time... Better not owe anything to anyone else and thus can concentrate on improving INA badminton...

    Ha ha ha ha ha... I love INA badminton but frankly I don't look forward in facing the multiple Pengda issue etc. Such a headache... Yes, like it or not, the foundations of INA badminton is like that... We need massive reform that includes changing the role of Pengda-s...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-10-2008 at 05:42 AM.

  11. #368
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Ha ha ha, ok ok... I will keep you in mind. Though I hope in 2028 I am in a financially sound condition that I don't even need any additional fundraiser at that time... Better not owe anything to anyone else and thus can concentrate on improving INA badminton...
    Worry not, Sire.
    I'm not looking for any reward from you. Totally tulus ikhlas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha... I love INA badminton but frankly I don't look forward in facing the multiple Pengda issue etc. Such a headache... Yes, like it or not, the foundations of INA badminton is like that... We need massive reform that includes changing the role of Pengda-s...
    Well, that's politics, I believe.
    You gotta have support/friends to do anything. Can't act on your own.
    Even Stalin had the CPSU to support him.
    In Indonesia case, from all provinces' pengda-s.
    No support, no vote.
    The sad thing is, to get their support, you must know exactly what they want.
    And for most cases, it includes...money.
    I read somewhere that (if not mistaken) many pengda-s protested PBSI, basically, because the fund took too much time to 'cair,' plus they demanded for more fund.
    They claimed that the fund was for builing badminton in their provinces.
    Honestly, I'm not too sure 'bout it...

    Wonder how BAM works? Exactly the same?

    Change the role of pengda-s? Do you have any alternative?

    Er, come to think about it.
    Since most of all successful INA players hail from Java-based clubs e.g Djarum, Jaya Raya, and SNGG (rarely heard of notable players from outside Java clubs).
    Why aren't Java pengda-s given higher power than other pengda's
    (just like the UN's Big Five)?

    Is it because of Indonesia's so called 'equal rights'?

    Well, just 2 cents from an ordinary teenager...
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 09-10-2008 at 07:48 AM.

  12. #369
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm..

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i can feel the shockwave from here
    wow, fired from pbsi and now hired back with a promotion, Joko must be kneeling alot to get that job lol I don't think TH liked this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    ...
    but icuk...is he capable of running PBSI?...to be the head of PBSI the guy needs to be willing to dig deep in his own pocket to cover PBSI's expenses...i think this is one of the reasons why bang yos decided to step down...isnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    ...
    Bang Yos now has to dig a lot of money from his pockets and other donors/contributors to run as INA President...
    ...
    ..(this is simply out of left field) speaking of candidates with pockets to dig, i think i know one candidate (other than Krisna), who is quite well "financially" (or at least have the financial backing), to run as PBSI chairman (if not soon, but in the near future); and yes, this could send a few tidal waves along as well........................His name starts with a "T" and ends with a "T"..

  13. #370
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Worry not, Sire.
    I'm not looking for any reward from you. Totally tulus ikhlas.
    No no... I wasn't referring to you, Jagdpanther. When you say you want to help with fundraising, that means you have to get money from various people... which usually comes with implicit commitments. They are not usually tulus ikhlas kinda people...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Well, that's politics, I believe.
    You gotta have support/friends to do anything. Can't act on your own.
    Even Stalin had the CPSU to support him.
    In Indonesia case, from all provinces' pengda-s.
    No support, no vote.
    Exactly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Wonder how BAM works? Exactly the same?

    Change the role of pengda-s? Do you have any alternative?
    I don't know much about BAM. Our MAS BC members can help us on this...

    95% of Pengda-s today basically do only a handful of administrative paperwork. In fact, they have to [among others]:
    1. increase badminton participation [or at least badminton enthusiasm] in their respective province... they have to keep track on how many people are actually playing badminton [1000 people? 10000? 100000? What is it?]
    2. manage the Pengcab-s so that every branch [county] have 3 local multi-level tournaments per year... this will give incentive to amateurs to keep playing... this also makes local clubs active...
    3. give coaching clinics and even educate coaches on proper badminton techniques and know-how...
    I have many things I wanna write here, but I don't have that much time...

  14. #371
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    icuk reminds me of the fcuk brand

  15. #372
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha... I love INA badminton but frankly I don't look forward in facing the multiple Pengda issue etc. Such a headache... Yes, like it or not, the foundations of INA badminton is like that... We need massive reform that includes changing the role of Pengda-s...
    Maybe Running the country as president will then be a doddle for you then eh?

    Krisna for President 2040!

  16. #373
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    His name starts with a "T" and ends with a "T"..
    TNT... that's explosive...

  17. #374
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^I'll take TNT..^^

    ..if TNT can provide INA with a "badminton explosion" unheard of before...

Page 22 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. need a badminton coach in indonesia
    By icon03 in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
  2. Indonesia's Badminton Future
    By Loh in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 56
    : 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Indonesia Badminton Forum
    By elepin in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-31-2005, 12:19 AM
  5. Badminton + Indonesia = violence?
    By Mag in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 08-28-2002, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •