User Tag List

Page 48 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 148 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The more the better

The more badminton players in Indonesia go independently the better...because PBSI will have equal "sparring partners"....

So...I think accepting or refusing the offer to join the National Team is not a big issue...but when it comes to representing INA in TC, UB, SC, Olympics ...any player has no reason to refuse the offer to join the National Team...It is a privilege....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    The more badminton players in Indonesia go independently the better...because PBSI will have equal "sparring partners"....

So...I think accepting or refusing the offer to join the National Team is not a big issue...but when it comes to representing INA in TC, UB, SC, Olympics ...any player has no reason to refuse the offer to join the National Team...It is a privilege....
    Amen to that, indra!

The 'independents' are taking a higher risk with their career by taking all the financial burden upon themselves... Fairly enough, they gain all the financial benefits if they are successful... This entrepreneurial spirit should be applauded! Yes, many will fail. But some will get extraordinary rewards too... These are the lives of entrepreneurs everywhere on Earth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just hope they are able to secure enough financial sponsorship now and in the future.
    it would be a shame if we were to miss out on the talent coming out of INA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Vita's resignation is final then? No more dialogue whatsoever?

Well, I have nothing against her decision to play independently. Very brave decision, I must say.
    What saddens me is the way she parts away with the national team.
    To be honest, it's a little unfair...

And AFAIK, public opinion regarding this issue mostly blame PBSI.
    I dunno how to sum it up. Probably 'habis manis sepah dibuang.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope all the players going independent will gain a success out there..so that it opens a lot of opportunity for development of INA badminton in the future..lets pray for them all, pelatnas player and independent player...after all lets we all call them INDONESIAN BADMINTON PLAYER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by otaclub View Post
    i hope all the players going independent will gain a success out there..so that it opens a lot of opportunity for development of INA badminton in the future..lets pray for them all, pelatnas player and independent player...after all lets we all call them INDONESIAN BADMINTON PLAYER
    Yes, let's not really be bothered by their status as a National Team player or not...

In tennis, not all Spaniards play in the Spanish Davis Cup team, but Spaniard fans cheer all Spanish players. In football, not all English players play in England's World Cup team, but English fans cheer for all English players [they deem good performers]... So... we should just cheer all INA players whether they have a seat in the National Team or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by taneepak
    The time to become independent players is untimely, and I think Taufik and others mistimed this very badly. We are heading into a very severe finacial crisis or giant storm. Sponsors like Yonex with Japan-based manufacturing gets a double blow from its strong yen and its tumbling exports due to reduced purchasing power for high end racquets. Even non-Japanese sponsors do not know if they will survive in a year's time. With this I believe sponsors are now tightening their belt and keeping a tight control over those they sponsor. This applies not only to badminton but to all other sports, including F1 racing.

More than a decade ago I had a good investment banker friend who had a very rich Indonesian client, a billionaire, who used to sponsor tournaments in Hong Kong. I was told that he also helped a few top Indonesian players (I think of Chinese descent) finacially. But when the Asian financial crisis hit Asia, and it hit Indonesia and Malaysia particularly severely, this sponsor just disappeared and has since not be heard of. The current crisis is more severe than the Asian crisis.

I wish Taufik the newly independent the best and hope he can be spared any adverse impact of the coming storm.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I agree that the timing to be independent players [playing in high level international tournaments] right now is lousy. Very bad timing. All that you wrote about the chances of getting big sponsorship deals is going to be terrible throughout 2009 and even to 2010. The major big brand owners will most probably still sponsor some very VERY top and famous players like Taufik to Alvent-Hendra. But probably not to Anggun, Endang, Rani, Jo, etc.

I would also note that this year, 2009, is the first time in a veeerrryyy long time [I think since the late 1980s] when INA players outside the National Team can actually be independent players who can compete in top tournaments and can be highly ranked players [in BWF rankings] without using Yonex. So, now they can know their true worth in the eyes of various sponsors openly and fairly. They will know how much they can earn for sure without complaining about the National Team's management decision in determining their salaries...

My suggestion to the not-so-famous-or-top independent INA players is to:
    a. Stick with whichever club they belong to [Tangkas or Jaya Raya or Djarum etc.]. Most of the original club will accept their pupils with open arms and are willing to send the good ones to tournaments all over Indonesia, just like when they were younger. Usually, food, lodging, training and travelling costs are paid for by the clubs.
    b. Play in Indonesian tournaments. There are 8 National Circuits which shall offer around Rp 150-200 million in total Prize Money [per tournament] starting this year... as well as 5 National tournaments held by independent organizers offering a minimum of Rp 75 million in prize money. A player like Alamsyah can do very well in Indonesian tournaments and earn anywhere between Rp 50-150 per year if he performs well. That's net income, because the costs are absorbed by his club [in this case, Tangkas]
    c. Find sponsors that fit this value proposition. When the player and the club have made up their mind to make Indonesian tournaments the venue for the player to perform in... then find sponsors who need brand exposure across Indonesia. Example: Flypower, Astec, Top Pro, etc. A player at Alamsyah's level today can get anywhere between Rp 30-80 million from sponsors. This is my estimate after talking to various sponsors in INA.
    d. Compete and improve yourself. Win and impress as much as possible so that you're deemed worthy by the sponsors/donators etc. who want to give him/her more money and opportunity to compete internationally in higher level tournaments. Maybe KLRC want to use his/her services. Maybe an more financially powerful brand [like Victor/Yonex/Wilson etc.] want to use that player to help promote the brand in higher level international tournaments etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I agree that the timing to be independent players [playing in high level international tournaments] right now is lousy. Very bad timing. All that you wrote about the chances of getting big sponsorship deals is going to be terrible throughout 2009 and even to 2010. The major big brand owners will most probably still sponsor some very VERY top and famous players like Taufik to Alvent-Hendra. But probably not to Anggun, Endang, Rani, Jo, etc.

I would also note that this year, 2009, is the first time in a veeerrryyy long time [I think since the late 1980s] when INA players outside the National Team can actually be independent players who can compete in top tournaments and can be highly ranked players [in BWF rankings] without using Yonex. So, now they can know their true worth in the eyes of various sponsors openly and fairly. They will know how much they can earn for sure without complaining about the National Team's management decision in determining their salaries...

My suggestion to the not-so-famous-or-top independent INA players is to:
    a. Stick with whichever club they belong to [Tangkas or Jaya Raya or Djarum etc.]. Most of the original club will accept their pupils with open arms and are willing to send the good ones to tournaments all over Indonesia, just like when they were younger. Usually, food, lodging, training and travelling costs are paid for by the clubs.
    b. Play in Indonesian tournaments. There are 8 National Circuits which shall offer around Rp 150-200 million in total Prize Money [per tournament] starting this year... as well as 5 National tournaments held by independent organizers offering a minimum of Rp 75 million in prize money. A player like Alamsyah can do very well in Indonesian tournaments and earn anywhere between Rp 50-150 per year if he performs well. That's net income, because the costs are absorbed by his club [in this case, Tangkas]
    c. Find sponsors that fit this value proposition. When the player and the club have made up their mind to make Indonesian tournaments the venue for the player to perform in... then find sponsors who need brand exposure across Indonesia. Example: Flypower, Astec, Top Pro, etc. A player at Alamsyah's level today can get anywhere between Rp 30-80 million from sponsors. This is my estimate after talking to various sponsors in INA.
    d. Compete and improve yourself. Win and impress as much as possible so that you're deemed worthy by the sponsors/donators etc. who want to give him/her more money and opportunity to compete internationally in higher level tournaments. Maybe KLRC want to use his/her services. Maybe an more financially powerful brand [like Victor/Yonex/Wilson etc.] want to use that player to help promote the brand in higher level international tournaments etc.
    Krisna needs to open a Sports Management agency. Help the independent players manage their finance and sponsors/contract in a professional way.
    God knows we dont need more Kido's type meltdown (emotion over facts) when an independent is negotiating their contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Krisna needs to open a Sports Management agency. Help the independent players manage their finance and sponsors/contract in a professional way.
    God knows we dont need more Kido's type meltdown (emotion over facts) when an independent is negotiating their contract.
    Some of the players were baffled by some Sports Management company's request of 15% of the negotiated contract value... So, most players chose to negotiate on their own... [and ended up terribly!]

No, I don't make a living out of badminton laah... I enjoy being somewhere under the shadows... yet still contributing to INA badminton...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Yeah, the famous shuttlers with top achievement have high selling point to attract sponsor amid global financial crisis recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Yeah, the famous shuttlers with top achievement have high selling point to attract sponsor amid global financial crisis recently.
    and Taufik is "Special" among those famous shuttlers..
    he also has rich faher-in-law which is Agum Gumelar..

so i doubt that he will have financial problem for his independent act..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Metro Sports, I saw Hendra smiled while training.
    And in Bola, he says that he really enjoys himself in the happy-happy camp set up by Sigit Pamungkas for his MD boys.
    Does that mean that his mood has grown better?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    In Metro Sports, I saw Hendra smiled while training.
    And in Bola, he says that he really enjoys himself in the happy-happy camp set up by Sigit Pamungkas for his MD boys.
    Does that mean that his mood has grown better?
    well...Lets see..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still regret it that Vita is out of Pelatnas. She is very much needed in the next Sudriman Cup. PBSI is so stupid and unfair to her.
    Is there any possibility she play in the SC anyway...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas View Post
    I still regret it that Vita is out of Pelatnas. She is very much needed in the next Sudriman Cup. PBSI is so stupid and unfair to her.
    Is there any possibility she play in the SC anyway...?
    yes, Vita can still play for Indonesia in SC, UC, Asian Games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Bola; replacement for resigned Pelatnas athletes (Taufik, Vita, Hendra AG, and Alvent) will be done after AE and Switzerland SS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    According to Bola; replacement for resigned Pelatnas athletes (Taufik, Vita, Hendra AG, and Alvent) will be done after AE and Switzerland SS.
    Fair enough. I heard the PBSI National Team management is too busy at this time to discuss and think about the 'replacements' clearly. Better let them consider this wisely.