User Tag List

Page 66 of 188 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,122 of 3190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alvisiny View Post
    yeah and also lilyana natsir ...
    Nitya and pollii ....show their good performance in aviva open finals ...
    but ya wen and her patner's ranks better than them
    --
    A question: Does Liliyana keep on playing WD since Vita's departure from the Pelatnas? Who's her partner since then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know which pairs was registered for WC besides Kido/Hendra, Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Yoke in MD,, Greys/Nitya, Mei/Shendy in WD, Butet/Nova and Devin/Lita in XD?

I read in eligible players second phase that Flandy/Vita, Rendra/Meiliana, Jo/Rani, and Endang/Lita are registered

http://internationalbadminton.org/fi....aspx?id=12104
    http://internationalbadminton.org/fi....aspx?id=12105
    http://internationalbadminton.org/fi....aspx?id=12106

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players for the WC:
    Taufik Hidayat
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Simon Santoso
    Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Adriyanti Firdasari
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir -- could be the pair's last WC
    Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ways2rock View Post
    A question: Does Liliyana keep on playing WD since Vita's departure from the Pelatnas? Who's her partner since then?
    i think no ...
    not yet...
    lilyana hasn't a patner now
    In IO ...she didn't play in WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nitya/Greysia in top 10 now...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Players for the WC:
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir -- could be the pair's last WC
    why? nova widianto will be retiring after this? btw, how old is him now? 30+?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    why? nova widianto will be retiring after this? btw, how old is him now? 30+?
    Nova Widianto was born on October 10, 1977.
    Here's one article about Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir taken from The Jakarta Globe.com (June 25, 2009) :

Ami Afriatni

Nova, Liliyana Ready to Make Last Stand in India

All good partnerships must come to an end.

When Indonesia’s Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir hit the court at the World Championships in Hyderabad, India, in August, it will likely be their final tournament as a mixed doubles pair.

As per Nova’s request, the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) will split up the duo and seek a younger shuttler to be Liliyana’s new partner. Nova, 32, has repeatedly said he is too old to compete at the highest level and is contemplating retirement.

“I want [the PBSI] to give more chances to younger shuttlers and find a new partner for [Liliyana]. She’s still young and has a long career ahead of her,” Nova said on Thursday.

Lius Pongoh, PBSI’s head of athletes’ development, said Fran Kurniawan (24), Muhammad Rijal (23) and Tantowi Ahmad (21) were candidates to be Liliyana’s new partner.

However, mixed doubles coach Richard Mainaky wants Nova and 24-year-old Liliyana to play together until the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.

“We’ll discuss this matter with both shuttlers and their coach after the world championship,” Lius told state-run news agency Antara.

Liliyana, who teamed up with Nova in 2004 to win 13 tournaments, said she knows her partnership will not last forever. “I’ve been preparing myself for that moment and I’m ready to be the mentor of my new partner, just like Nova did for me when we played together for the first time,” she said. “I hope that [the new partner] will be as good as Nova.”

Sentiment can wait, though, as there are still titles to be won. The duo is the current mixed doubles world champion, having won the title at the 2007 tournament in Kuala Lumpur.

They also won the 2005 world title in Anaheim, California.

“If this is our last performance together in the World Championship, I want us to retain our title, to do a hat trick,” Liliyana said.

Another title would put Nova and Liliyana in rarified company. Only one other pair — China’s women’s doubles team of Gao Ling and Huang Sui — has won three world championships in the same division.

Victory would also be a welcome relief from Indonesia’s title drought. Nova and Liliyana are the only Indonesian shuttlers to win a Super Series title this year, winning the mixed doubles at the Malaysia Open in January.

That slump saw South Korea’s Lee Yong Dae and Lee Hyo Jung supplant them as the world’s top-ranked team, but Liliyana is optimistic that the drought will end in Hyderabad.

“There is a month and a half of rest time in between the Indonesia Open and World Championship, so we’ll have sufficient recovery time to be back at our best,” she said. Badminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Nova Widianto was born on October 10, 1977.
    Here's one article about Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir taken from The Jakarta Globe.com (June 25, 2009) :

Ami Afriatni

Nova, Liliyana Ready to Make Last Stand in India

All good partnerships must come to an end.

When Indonesia’s Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir hit the court at the World Championships in Hyderabad, India, in August, it will likely be their final tournament as a mixed doubles pair.

As per Nova’s request, the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) will split up the duo and seek a younger shuttler to be Liliyana’s new partner. Nova, 32, has repeatedly said he is too old to compete at the highest level and is contemplating retirement.

“I want [the PBSI] to give more chances to younger shuttlers and find a new partner for [Liliyana]. She’s still young and has a long career ahead of her,” Nova said on Thursday.

Lius Pongoh, PBSI’s head of athletes’ development, said Fran Kurniawan (24), Muhammad Rijal (23) and Tantowi Ahmad (21) were candidates to be Liliyana’s new partner.

However, mixed doubles coach Richard Mainaky wants Nova and 24-year-old Liliyana to play together until the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.

“We’ll discuss this matter with both shuttlers and their coach after the world championship,” Lius told state-run news agency Antara.

Liliyana, who teamed up with Nova in 2004 to win 13 tournaments, said she knows her partnership will not last forever. “I’ve been preparing myself for that moment and I’m ready to be the mentor of my new partner, just like Nova did for me when we played together for the first time,” she said. “I hope that [the new partner] will be as good as Nova.”

Sentiment can wait, though, as there are still titles to be won. The duo is the current mixed doubles world champion, having won the title at the 2007 tournament in Kuala Lumpur.

They also won the 2005 world title in Anaheim, California.

“If this is our last performance together in the World Championship, I want us to retain our title, to do a hat trick,” Liliyana said.

Another title would put Nova and Liliyana in rarified company. Only one other pair — China’s women’s doubles team of Gao Ling and Huang Sui — has won three world championships in the same division.

Victory would also be a welcome relief from Indonesia’s title drought. Nova and Liliyana are the only Indonesian shuttlers to win a Super Series title this year, winning the mixed doubles at the Malaysia Open in January.

That slump saw South Korea’s Lee Yong Dae and Lee Hyo Jung supplant them as the world’s top-ranked team, but Liliyana is optimistic that the drought will end in Hyderabad.

“There is a month and a half of rest time in between the Indonesia Open and World Championship, so we’ll have sufficient recovery time to be back at our best,” she said. Badminton
    yeah ...
    so Who the candidate to be nova's patner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah ...
    Read the article more carefully.
    It's stated that he's contemplating retirement.
    What is he going to do next, becoming a coach or else, God knows.

Gonna miss him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ways2rock View Post
    The problem in my opinion isn't his stamina... it's his WILL OF FIRE! He doesn't want to win badly! He's playing like it's just what, another simple tournament, yet Indonesia's relying on him to snatch the only win on IO... Yet he wasted it. Shattered our hope into billions of tiny bits.

Notice his drop-shots during the second set? There's almost abso-bloody-lutely no power in them, unlike Lee Chong Wei's dead-accurate-and-powerful drop-shots and smashes...

Furious much? Yes, I am

Now, Taufik, if we see you play like that again, ever... Feel our wrath.
    Well if you ask me, I think he did his part. He won the Olympic gold, Asian Games gold, WC, lead the indonesian team to victory in the Thomas Cup and 6 time Indonesia Open Champion. What else do you want from him. Now he just want to have fun playing badminton.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a revitalize Taufik so we can more great matches instead of always waiting for LCW vs Lindan. I am proud of LCW as a player representing Malaysia but ask yourself this, which would you prefer to have, a player which won many SS tournament or the other one that bag the major titles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive heard before that Hendra Setiawan is also a candidate to be liliyana's partner since they're at the same age..
    i think Fran kurniawan will be a good partner for her, but he's with Pia now..so how if PBSI also consider Bona Septano?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maypi View Post
    ive heard before that Hendra Setiawan is also a candidate to be liliyana's partner since they're at the same age..
    i think Fran kurniawan will be a good partner for her, but he's with Pia now..so how if PBSI also consider Bona Septano?
    Thats not true....I think either Tantowi or Frans could be a candiddate...tough for MD coach to let his charge to play mix....
    If they are allowed...I think Hendra setiawan and Ahsan are good for XD...especially Hendra Setiawan...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah ...
    May be Tantowi or Frans......Tantowi is a better candidate...his deadly smash and the style of his play ( bolanya lebih jahat...)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    May be Tantowi or Frans......Tantowi is a better candidate...his deadly smash and the style of his play ( bolanya lebih jahat...)
    If Towi is a better candidate, then, his partnership with Richi will be split again?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to PBSI pulled in Rendra Wijaya paired with Liliyana, no other pair splitting.
    Last edited by Sandy; 06-28-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about moh. rijal? Let debby susanto focus in WD with pia zebadiah..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abesadi View Post
    How about moh. rijal? Let debby susanto focus in WD with pia zebadiah..
    Debby/Pia is not a strong WD...nobe of them has strong smash though....
    PBSI needs Greysia and Shendy to play mix as well....