User Tag List

Page 81 of 188 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,377 of 3180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INA National Team will go [in full force] to Japan Open 2009... They will skip China Masters...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-04-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

farewell to opa Tahir Djide...ex-pelatnas fitness coach passed away early morning today
    legends such as Rudi Hartono, King, etc had the privilege of working together with him. may he rest in peace.

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/xml/...elah.Berpulang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I heard an expert said that Maria Kristin has to recuperate for 6 months in order for her knee to decently heal [not even fully heal, which is almost impossible]... She is [in fact] currently in a huge danger of being thrown out by the National Team due to her persistent injury...
    In my opinion, being "thrown out" by the National Team might not be a bad thing after all as she's persistently getting beaten in the early rounds of SS events.

Her priority is to use the 6 mths period to heal her knees and then start to build her confidence back by winning smaller titles first. Let's face it, she WILL NOT WIN ANY SS titles at her current state. So, why exert herself to risk of worse injury???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badMania, a question.

Hendra Gunawan and Vita are all in the National Team? They played XD in Taipei. I knew from you that players of the National Team cannot play in two categories. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    In my opinion, being "thrown out" by the National Team might not be a bad thing after all as she's persistently getting beaten in the early rounds of SS events.

Her priority is to use the 6 mths period to heal her knees and then start to build her confidence back by winning smaller titles first. Let's face it, she WILL NOT WIN ANY SS titles at her current state. So, why exert herself to risk of worse injury???
    And then play in GP events followed by some GP Golds... maybe play in SS close to home: MAS SS, SIN SS, INA SS...

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    badMania, a question.

Hendra Gunawan and Vita are all in the National Team? They played XD in Taipei. I knew from you that players of the National Team cannot play in two categories. Thanks.
    Hendra and Vita WERE in the National Team. They are now not in the National Team anymore... The practice on their own and pay for their own expense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    badMania, a question.

They are independent players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendra and Vita WERE in the National Team. They are now not in the National Team anymore... The practice on their own and pay for their own expense...
    Thanks Krisna, and tjiang2

Yeah, I actually hoped, while seeing the match live in Taipei, that the new INA team got the winner's cash to INA.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    farewell to opa Tahir Djide...ex-pelatnas fitness coach passed away early morning today
    legends such as Rudi Hartono, King, etc had the privilege of working together with him. may he rest in peace.

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/xml/...elah.Berpulang
    Yup, many INA top-players had been trained with hard discipline by Tahir Djide.
    Rest In Peace...

September 04, 2009

Badminton

Tahir: Coach, Hero, Badminton Pioneer

As if Indonesia’s badminton title drought was not bad enough, the sport suffered another blow on Friday.

Muhammad Tahir Djide, one of the country’s premier coaches, died early on Friday morning at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung, West Java, due to complications from liver cancer.

Tahir, who was 70 years old, underwent surgery for his cancer on Aug. 10. He is survived by a wife and two children.

“He was diagnosed with cancer in early August and was looking better after the surgery. But on Wednesday, his condition worsened so we brought him back to the hospital until the day he died,” said his daughter, Sri Rahayu Aprilita Bugiwati.

Born in Sidrap, South Sulawesi, on April 14, 1939, Tahir was one of the driving forces behind Indonesia’s rise to prominence in badminton. He revolutionized training in the country after his appointment as national team coach in 1971, convincing shuttlers that talent and skill alone were not enough to be successful and introducing modern physical training.

His teams in the 1970s were known as the “Magnificent Seven” and produced three consecutive Thomas Cup titles from 1973 to 1979. Among his charges were men’s singles shuttlers Rudy Hartono (eight-time All England champion) and Lim Swie King (three-time All England champion) and Iie Sumirat, as well as men’s doubles pairs Tjuntjun and Johan Wahyudi, and Christian Hadinata and Ade Chandra.

Tahir helped Icuk Sugiarto win the men’s singles world championship in 1983. World champions Ardy Bernardus Wiranata and Taufik Hidayat also benefited from his tutelage.

“He was a great coach,” said Christian, the current Indonesian national team coach. “Not only a coach, he was also a father, a friend, a teacher for all athletes.

“That’s why, despite his hard discipline and sometimes harsh training, all the shuttlers respected and loved him so much.”

“It’s because of him that I became a coach after retiring. He taught me a lot about how to become a great coach, just like he was,” he added.

Tahir’s achievements were recognized by the Indonesian government when President Abdurrahman Wahid presented him with the Mahaputra Pratama medal in August 2000, officially making him a national hero. Tahir retired on March 1, 2008, ending a 37-year career, but he still found time to start BM 77, a badminton club for children in Bandung.

Following Friday prayers, Tahir was buried in Cikutra Heroes Cemetery in Bandung.

Antara, JG
    http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminton...pioneer/328093

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from a credible source that GlobalTV is negotiating for the rights to air as many Super Series live broadcasts as possible. Thus, INA badminton fans can watch more live badminton in 2010... I think this will further escalate another badminton boom in INA... INA have always relied more on 'outstanding natural talents' to pop up...

By 2020, we will get plenty of stars... Be patient INA fans... Rome was not built in one day...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-05-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then play in GP events followed by some GP Golds... maybe play in SS close to home: MAS SS, SIN SS, INA SS...
    That's a more realistic assessment, instead of forcing her to go to Japan, French, Denmark, and probably HKG SS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest for PBSI to send some of their players, esp those that need titles badly to send their top-team to the Dutch Open GP and then followed by Denmark SS; rather than sending to Denmark & French SS.

Players I would like to see winning titles at GP level:
    1. Simon Santoso -- no title since Chinese-Taipei Open GP Gold 2008.
    2. Adriyanti Firdasari & Maria Kristin Yulianti -- no titles to show for at GP level and above.
    3. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- no title since Dutch Open GP 2007.
    4. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii -- time for Grace to win some titles.
    5. Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita -- title at GP level is welcomed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from a credible source that GlobalTV is negotiating for the rights to air as many Super Series live broadcasts as possible. Thus, INA badminton fans can watch more live badminton in 2010... I think this will further escalate another badminton boom in INA... INA have always relied more on 'outstanding natural talents' to pop up...

By 2020, we will get plenty of stars... Be patient INA fans... Rome was not built in one day...
    It's good news for INA viewers who don't subscribe pay TV, GlobalTV has declared as INA badminton channel. Hmm, waiting 'badminton fever' like 80's and 90's era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I would suggest for PBSI to send some of their players, esp those that need titles badly to send their top-team to the Dutch Open GP and then followed by Denmark SS; rather than sending to Denmark & French SS.

Players I would like to see winning titles at GP level:
    1. Simon Santoso -- no title since Chinese-Taipei Open GP Gold 2008.
    2. Adriyanti Firdasari & Maria Kristin Yulianti -- no titles to show for at GP level and above.
    3. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- no title since Dutch Open GP 2007.
    4. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii -- time for Grace to win some titles.
    5. Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita -- title at GP level is welcomed.
    Yes... exactly!

I heard even Mel-Shendy said that they prefer to play in more Gold GP events to build confidence and experience...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, how do you know all these stuffs? Players i know/heard of are not many, maybe even less than 10, that includes the former players..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^You should start reading..^^

..from the 1st page of this thread..
    *Just a hint, badMania & Sandy have been two of the longest active INA members in here and both surely have followed the INA baddy scene for quite a long time; esp. Sandy.
    The others, CLELY, Krisna and Hauge (huangkwokhau) are regular contributors. Some of them even have connections to the players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the way, it seems like the pair of mona santoso/vita marissa actually can go far and many tournaments. They just need to be more consistent especially vita marissa. just Imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Well..^^

..it's just one tourney, a GP/GP Gold type tourney w/out much of the world's top WD pairs competing..