User Tag List

Page 82 of 188 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,378 to 1,394 of 3190
  1. #1378
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what and when is their next tournament?

  2. #1379
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..from the 1st page of this thread..
    *Just a hint, badMania & Sandy have been two of the longest active INA members in here and both surely have followed the INA baddy scene for quite a long time; esp. Sandy.
    The others, CLELY, Krisna and Hauge (huangkwokhau) are regular contributors. Some of them even have connections to the players.
    ok i'll try.. i really need to catch up with the facts, since im indonesian and also 1/x chinese, both countries are badminton champions, then i guess i should gain much more info about this game too bad i didnt have the chance to watch the recent indonesian championship on TV..

  3. #1380
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroa View Post
    ok i'll try.. i really need to catch up with the facts, since im indonesian and also 1/x chinese, both countries are badminton champions, then i guess i should gain much more info about this game too bad i didnt have the chance to watch the recent indonesian championship on TV..
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

    Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

    Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

    Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

    Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

    Be a good daughter in-law!"


    This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-05-2009 at 11:42 AM.

  4. #1381
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

    Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

    Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

    Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

    Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

    Be a good daughter in-law!"


    This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests...
    couldn't agree more.. i always go with Indonesia to win over China, but in different case i'd go for China when they're not playing against Indonesia.. hahaha..

  5. #1382
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default It should be that way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    ...
    Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

    Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

    Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

    Be a good daughter in-law!"
    ...
    ..indeed, it should be that way, even in real life marriage situation...
    But then, unfortunately, once in a while, the roles are reversed esp. on the last paragraph.

    The role reversal would then read like this:
    "...
    Wave your wife's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your wife's family...

    Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's husband, son in law, and brother in law... Don't be away from your wife too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

    Be a good son in-law!"

  6. #1383
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..indeed, it should be that way, even in real life marriage situation...
    But then, unfortunately, once in a while, the roles are reversed esp. on the last paragraph.
    hehehe... Well, in the classical Chinese practice, the role is seldom reversed in terms of flag-waving...

    In Indonesia... when a woman married Pak Chris [Mr. Chris]... she suddenly became Ibu Chris [Mrs. Chris]... and it is quite posssible for people to not know her original name anymore... Her original identity almost dissapear...

  7. #1384
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol, can i call pak chris if he's in ina next time?
    hahaha..jk

  8. #1385
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember this famous Chinese badminton player...Huang Hua, who married an INA businessman years back and decided to settle down in INA. I believe she's now an Indonesian citizen and has been a model citizen so far, keeping a very low profile after her retirement, even till now

  9. #1386
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so wat will happen to Choon tan fook wife?

  10. #1387
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    so wat will happen to Choon tan fook wife?
    Are u sure you are in the correct thread ??

  11. #1388
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes I am confused who should I cheer for, USA? Taiwan?
    China? Malaysia? Oh well, I cheer them all.

    I am happy Obama won the Presidency!

  12. #1389
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia & UK
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

    Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

    Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

    Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

    Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

    Be a good daughter in-law!"


    This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests...
    is Greysia a Chinese?she certainly doesnt look like one...i thought she was from Manado?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroa View Post
    couldn't agree more.. i always go with Indonesia to win over China, but in different case i'd go for China when they're not playing against Indonesia.. hahaha..
    yup indeed...Indonesia no.1 China no.2...as for everyone else, not so much of a fan, right?

  13. #1390
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default You should..

    Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    Sometimes I am confused who should I cheer for, USA? Taiwan?
    China? Malaysia? Oh well, I cheer them all.

    I am happy Obama won the Presidency!
    - If you're confused, you should just cheer for the players..
    - Yes, ytyang, can too!! You're one of those who was carrying the "Yes, You Can", "Hope & Change", "Change & Hope" signs???.....Happy about what??>>
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-07-2009 at 05:29 AM.

  14. #1391
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perak
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=nick.h;1248036]is Greysia a Chinese?she certainly doesnt look like one...i thought she was from Manado?


    Me too.i thought Greysia is not chinese .her look don't look chinese.But,liliyana even she looks chinese but i use to read in her thread saying that she 's from manado..People from manado looks like chinese but they are not chinese..However, when i read the comments at her fb most Indonesians called her cici (sis in chinese) liliyana..

  15. #1392
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    yup indeed...Indonesia no.1 China no.2...as for everyone else, not so much of a fan, right?
    For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    ...
    ...
    ...
    Last on the list... Malaysia

    If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

    The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-07-2009 at 07:52 AM.

  16. #1393
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    ...
    ...
    ...
    Last on the list... Malaysia

    If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

    The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...
    i dont mind they boo or anything toward malaysian player
    as long as not violence act then ok
    a good learning lesson to play in ina open

  17. #1394
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i dont mind they boo or anything toward malaysian player
    as long as not violence act then ok
    a good learning lesson to play in ina open
    don't worry, the more they boo, the happy our mas players will give them a BIG present as an appreciation for them
    already used to it..haha

Similar Threads

  1. need a badminton coach in indonesia
    By icon03 in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM
  2. Indonesia's Badminton Future
    By Loh in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 56
    : 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Indonesia Badminton Forum
    By elepin in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-31-2005, 01:19 AM
  5. Badminton + Indonesia = violence?
    By Mag in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 08-28-2002, 09:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •