User Tag List

Page 82 of 188 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,378 to 1,394 of 3190
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what and when is their next tournament?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..from the 1st page of this thread..
    *Just a hint, badMania & Sandy have been two of the longest active INA members in here and both surely have followed the INA baddy scene for quite a long time; esp. Sandy.
    The others, CLELY, Krisna and Hauge (huangkwokhau) are regular contributors. Some of them even have connections to the players.
    ok i'll try.. i really need to catch up with the facts, since im indonesian and also 1/x chinese, both countries are badminton champions, then i guess i should gain much more info about this game too bad i didnt have the chance to watch the recent indonesian championship on TV..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroa View Post
    ok i'll try.. i really need to catch up with the facts, since im indonesian and also 1/x chinese, both countries are badminton champions, then i guess i should gain much more info about this game too bad i didnt have the chance to watch the recent indonesian championship on TV..
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

Be a good daughter in-law!"

This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-05-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests...
    couldn't agree more.. i always go with Indonesia to win over China, but in different case i'd go for China when they're not playing against Indonesia.. hahaha..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It should be that way...

..indeed, it should be that way, even in real life marriage situation...
    But then, unfortunately, once in a while, the roles are reversed esp. on the last paragraph.

The role reversal would then read like this:
    "...
    Wave your wife's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your wife's family...

Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's husband, son in law, and brother in law... Don't be away from your wife too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

Be a good son in-law!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..indeed, it should be that way, even in real life marriage situation...
    But then, unfortunately, once in a while, the roles are reversed esp. on the last paragraph.
    hehehe... Well, in the classical Chinese practice, the role is seldom reversed in terms of flag-waving...

In Indonesia... when a woman married Pak Chris [Mr. Chris]... she suddenly became Ibu Chris [Mrs. Chris]... and it is quite posssible for people to not know her original name anymore... Her original identity almost dissapear...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, can i call pak chris if he's in ina next time?
    hahaha..jk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this famous Chinese badminton player...Huang Hua, who married an INA businessman years back and decided to settle down in INA. I believe she's now an Indonesian citizen and has been a model citizen so far, keeping a very low profile after her retirement, even till now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so wat will happen to Choon tan fook wife?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    so wat will happen to Choon tan fook wife?
    Are u sure you are in the correct thread ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I am confused who should I cheer for, USA? Taiwan?
    China? Malaysia? Oh well, I cheer them all.

I am happy Obama won the Presidency!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Greysia a Chinese?she certainly doesnt look like one...i thought she was from Manado?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroa View Post
    couldn't agree more.. i always go with Indonesia to win over China, but in different case i'd go for China when they're not playing against Indonesia.. hahaha..
    yup indeed...Indonesia no.1 China no.2...as for everyone else, not so much of a fan, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You should..

Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    Sometimes I am confused who should I cheer for, USA? Taiwan?
    China? Malaysia? Oh well, I cheer them all.

I am happy Obama won the Presidency!
    - If you're confused, you should just cheer for the players..
    - Yes, ytyang, can too!! You're one of those who was carrying the "Yes, You Can", "Hope & Change", "Change & Hope" signs???.....Happy about what??>>
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-07-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=nick.h;1248036]is Greysia a Chinese?she certainly doesnt look like one...i thought she was from Manado?

Me too.i thought Greysia is not chinese .her look don't look chinese.But,liliyana even she looks chinese but i use to read in her thread saying that she 's from manado..People from manado looks like chinese but they are not chinese..However, when i read the comments at her fb most Indonesians called her cici (sis in chinese) liliyana..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    yup indeed...Indonesia no.1 China no.2...as for everyone else, not so much of a fan, right?
    For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    Last on the list... Malaysia

If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-07-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    Last on the list... Malaysia

If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...
    i dont mind they boo or anything toward malaysian player
    as long as not violence act then ok
    a good learning lesson to play in ina open

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i dont mind they boo or anything toward malaysian player
    as long as not violence act then ok
    a good learning lesson to play in ina open
    don't worry, the more they boo, the happy our mas players will give them a BIG present as an appreciation for them
    already used to it..haha