User Tag List

Page 83 of 188 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,395 to 1,411 of 3180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - ........Happy about what??>>
    A well educated minority gets the opportunity to be a
    President. Will a Chinese Indonesian be offered the same
    opportunity? ... Sorry don't want to drag politics into
    this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...
    Right. When you married into a foreign country, do you expected your in-laws ganged up with their 'friends' and got you raped, burned alive and murdered? 1965 is not that long time ago, 500,000 deads is half million too many! And 1998 is only just over 10 years ago!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off topic-No problem..

Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    A well educated minority gets the opportunity to be a
    President. Will a Chinese Indonesian be offered the same
    opportunity? ... Sorry don't want to drag politics into
    this.
    ..i understand.
    Personally, i look past beyond the minority/race/status card.

Btw, if you'd like to continue singing your praise of Prez BO, you can hover on over these threads, if you haven't read them yet:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=46552&page=79
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...t=54293&page=8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a matter of record.... it has been proven that.. malaysian has never laid claim that a certain balinese dance originated from malaysia. that in fact was a mistake made by a multinational media company that did not do their homework

malaysians btw .... looked on with amazement when we see our neighbors down south go crazy over something so obvious, a mistake, this is not the first time. .i guess it wont be the last..... we shrugged our shoulders. and say.. 'gasak lah korang'
    (i do believe that, that explosives expert guy has something to do with the intensity of emotions)

imagine what would have happened if malaysians practiced open burning (at the scale of whats happening in sumatra or kalimantan) and the smog descended on jakarta or any of the big cities... yearly and causes lots of discomfort and misery... i bet ....

nevermind. lets go back to badminton.. i visit this thread often... i find indonesian badminton intriguing and have no doubt, they will one day . be facing china toe toe eye to eye once again...

malaysian badminton on the other hand.. stilll need lots of work

For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    Last on the list... Malaysia

If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This is just absurd

Indonesia Brings Out the Big Guns For SEA Games
    In order to bring home the gold, Indonesia plans to bring out its best.

Mired in a yearlong slump of poor performances, the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) plans to send its best 18 shuttlers to the Southeast Asian Games in search of a gold-medal rush.

Indonesia national team head coach Christian Hadinata said the squad would be similar to the 2007 SEA Games team that went to Thailand. Two 2007 world champion pairs — Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir (mixed doubles), and Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan (men’s doubles) — helped the country win gold in all seven events.

“It’s about fighting for the country,” Christian said on Friday. “We just want ‘Indonesia Raya’ sung more often in such events.”

Entries for the Games in Vientiane, Laos, are not fixed, though, until next month’s deadline, and Christian said the door was still open for younger shuttlers.

“The names can still be changed because we will still have to see our opponents first to manage our strategy of play,” he said.

Former national player Alan Budikusumah said the PBSI’s decision makes sense in the wake of the Indonesian National Sports Committee (KONI) and the government challenging athletes to bring home more gold medals.

Alan said the PBSI must have a regeneration plan in its athlete development program, even though any benefits will not be seen for years.

“It is not easy work preparing young athletes for such Games, especially when Indonesia will host the Games in 2011,” he said. “We only have two years left to prepare the athletes. Of course, it will be a good moment for Indonesia’s badminton team to help the country clinch the overall champion title again.”

Icuk Sugiarto, on the other hand, is not keen on the idea of sending Indonesia’s best to the SEA Games.

The 1985 world champion said the PBSI must adhere to its regeneration plan.

“The SEA Games is a good start for young shuttlers to start representing the country at an international level,” he said. “If the PBSI still sends the seniors, it shows a big failure of the PBSI in its development program and Indonesian badminton as a whole by setting up its orientation on SEA Games only, while other countries set their eyes on higher-level events, such as the Olympics.”

Icuk, a gold medalist at the 1985, 1987 and 1989 SEA Games, said victory in the regional games was not such a big deal in his day.

“The real pride we got was by defeating China’s top players in the world championship, not by defeating Singapore’s or Vietnam’s,” he said.

For its part, KONI has asked the national sports federations to prepare only those athletes who have the best chance of winning medals. Budget shortages could see the country’s SEA Games contingent shrink to as little as 155 athletes.

“It’s a small contingent. If we want to improve our achievements, they [the athletes] all must bring home as many gold medals as they can,” said Djoko Pramono, the SEA Games national training camp head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My preferred squad for SEA Games:
    MS -- Simon Santoso, Tommy Sugiarto, Yoga Pratama or Nugroho Andi Saputro
    WS -- Adriyanti Firdasari, Lindaweni Fanetri, and one from Pratama
    MD -- Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan, Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    WD -- Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii, Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    XD -- Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita, Tontowi Ahmad/Richi Puspita Dili or Fran Kurniawan/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management of PBSI should be change..
    Our senior athletes were not to be care findly..
    Take a looK,choach's Sony..
    I dunno know who he is..
    I think PBSI should call many gud explayers like hendrawan,tony,chandra,susi susanti,etc..
    To be coach..
    Uuggh..
    PBSI just want to get much bussiness advantage with sacrifice our nation..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies

If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...
    Sorry, I think INA SS was held on mid June not May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyna View Post
    Management of PBSI should be change..
    Our senior athletes were not to be care findly..
    Take a looK,choach's Sony..
    I dunno know who he is..

I think PBSI should call many gud explayers like hendrawan,tony,chandra,susi susanti,etc..
    To be coach..
    Uuggh..
    PBSI just want to get much bussiness advantage with sacrifice our nation..
    yeah, who is sony's coach?many of us are unfamiliar with this person...but i appreciate his work with sony. sony looks quite comfortable under his teachings and what not...beating LCW during WC 09, 3 SS title wins consecutively in 08 (nothing major, but ain't bad either)

I agree with recalling ex-players to coach...its relieving to hear that nova's going to coach XD department with richard mainaky...its a start...
    hendrawan has gone to follow rexy's footsteps to the land of malings...so no thanks...
    tony's coaching the US baddy now, unlikely to return to INA...
    candra's doing all he can to bring back INA's glorious days in baddy by building his own MD baddy club and all that (mostly by selling his name too , brilliant!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies

The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... united because we all feel violated...
    hahaha negative sentiment or not, mas deserves it thats why we call them 'maling', no?
    it is VERY frustrating, but i hear mas government deny any involvements regarding the Pendet Dance controversy, blaming a third party (private advertising company) and now blaming discovery channel for airing the ad...wtf?
    not to mention the no.1 most hunted terrorist in INA is a malaysian too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Right. When you married into a foreign country, do you expected your in-laws ganged up with their 'friends' and got you raped, burned alive and murdered? 1965 is not that long time ago, 500,000 deads is half million too many! And 1998 is only just over 10 years ago!
    Of course there will always be jealous, narrow-minded, and evil in-laws... It doesn't mean that all of the in-laws are evil. Most are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Sorry, I think INA SS was held on mid June not May.
    I think you're right... Sorry. I'm getting old...

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    My preferred squad for SEA Games:
    MS -- Simon Santoso, Tommy Sugiarto, Yoga Pratama or Nugroho Andi Saputro
    WS -- Adriyanti Firdasari, Lindaweni Fanetri, and one from Pratama
    MD -- Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan, Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    WD -- Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii, Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    XD -- Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita, Tontowi Ahmad/Richi Puspita Dili or Fran Kurniawan/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet
    INA badminton needs to bring back gold for KONI funding...

If I were Koh Lius, I will get Hayom and Febe too... They have a better shot at getting medals than Yoga or Gepeng [Nugroho] or Lindaweni or anyone from Pratama. But I think there will be too much pride on the side of the INA National team to include club players. For MD, WD, and XD, I totally agree with what you wrote, badMania...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    don't worry, the more they boo, the happy our mas players will give them a BIG present as an appreciation for them
    already used to it..haha
    I know... MAS got 2 titles in this year's INA Open... despite the boos...

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    as a matter of record.... it has been proven that.. malaysian has never laid claim that a certain balinese dance originated from malaysia. that in fact was a mistake made by a multinational media company that did not do their homework
    Hey, that multinational media company was working to promote Malaysia! Apparently many parties associated with Malaysia made mistakes after mistakes because a lot of the cool cultural stuff are actually Indonesian... Batik, Angklung, Reog Ponorogo, Lompat Batu Nias, hmmm... Somehow the 'Malaysia, Truly Indonesia' campaign used many multinational media companies that didn't do their homework...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-08-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    as a matter of record.... it has been proven that.. malaysian has never laid claim that a certain balinese dance originated from malaysia. that in fact was a mistake made by a multinational media company that did not do their homework.
    malaysians btw .... looked on with amazement when we see our neighbors down south go crazy over something so obvious, a mistake, this is not the first time. .i guess it wont be the last..... we shrugged our shoulders. and say.. 'gasak lah korang'
    (i do believe that, that explosives expert guy has something to do with the intensity of emotions)
    ....I totally agree (with what Krisna said). whatever mistakes that malingsia government/non-government did/does/will certainly 'steal' INA culture again, its still a non-excusable mistake and should not be tolerated.
    and to be clear, it is definitely not a mistake, even if it is, it is most definitely an 'intended' mistake to steal INA culture that malingsia government uses to promote their tourism own campaign.

Hey, that multinational media company was working to promote Malaysia! Apparently many parties associated with Malaysia made mistakes after mistakes because a lot of the cool cultural stuff are actually Indonesian... Batik, Angklung, Reog Ponorogo, Lompat Batu Nias, hmmm... Somehow the 'Malaysia, Truly Indonesia' campaign used many multinational media companies that didn't do their homework...
    ...you forgot Rasa Sayange...and RENDANG....and soo many other things hahaha
    im sure you have heard/read this article...for those who havent, its a good explanation to why our so called neighbour keeps stealing our culture...
    in addition, malaysia is soon to be included as Indonesia's 34th province! (since they sooo want to be like us!)wkwkwkwk!

http://cetak.kompas.com/read/xml/200...ngapa.malaysia

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okok, back to badminton please
    FULL FORCE INA TEAM , huh?
    clean sweep again?..hmm, i dont think so

http://badzine.info/index.php/news/n...ull-squad.html
    Christian Hadinata mentioned on Friday that PBSI would not take the SEA Games lightly and will send the best possible squad in the hopes of repeating their clean sweep from 2007. The next edition is to be held in a few weeks' time in Vientiane, Laos, and PBSI will most likely send the best shuttlers, including Kido/Setiawan and other veterans. Indonesia will be hosting the 2011 Games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who is Sony DK's current coach??

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    yeah, who is sony's coach?many of us are unfamiliar with this person...but i appreciate his work with sony.
    ..see post # 376
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...95#post1231895

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    ....I totally agree (with what Krisna said). whatever mistakes that malingsia government/non-government did/does/will certainly 'steal' INA culture again, its still a non-excusable mistake and should not be tolerated.
    and to be clear, it is definitely not a mistake, even if it is, it is most definitely an 'intended' mistake to steal INA culture that malingsia government uses to promote their tourism own campaign.

...you forgot Rasa Sayange...and RENDANG....and soo many other things hahaha
    im sure you have heard/read this article...for those who havent, its a good explanation to why our so called neighbour keeps stealing our culture...
    in addition, malaysia is soon to be included as Indonesia's 34th province! (since they sooo want to be like us!)wkwkwkwk!

http://cetak.kompas.com/read/xml/200...ngapa.malaysia
    Be careful, buddy.
    Too much OOT 'bout political thingy may lead to this thread got locked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Be careful, buddy.
    Too much OOT 'bout political thingy may lead to this thread got locked...
    hakuna matata, mate!
    the political issue discussion hopefully ends here ...