User Tag List

Page 89 of 188 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,497 to 1,513 of 3180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In all 3 scenarios..

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    INA squad had bagged 3 SS title thus far in this year through Nova/Lilyana (MAS SS), Kido/Setiawan (JPN SS) and Simon Santoso (DEN SS). Who's next? We'll see INA players outcome in Paris, Hongkong and Shanghai as the last three SS installments.
    ..none of CHN's top guns were present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have some hope in Paris... I think it is quite likely we can get one title there too... Maybe in MD...

Hong Kong and Shanghai will be tough places for INA to get any title this year... Very tough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that... I think HK and Shanghai is where MK/HS did best... Even better than SEA.

One possible reason: Chinese MDs, as everyone else, do better on home ground. As a consequence, MK/HS are more likely to meet pairs from China in HK and Shanghai. Finally, we all know what usually happens when Chinese MDs meet MK/HS...

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    We have some hope in Paris... I think it is quite likely we can get one title there too... Maybe in MD...

Hong Kong and Shanghai will be tough places for INA to get any title this year... Very tough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Why is that... I think HK and Shanghai is where MK/HS did best... Even better than SEA.

One possible reason: Chinese MDs, as everyone else, do better on home ground. As a consequence, MK/HS are more likely to meet pairs from China in HK and Shanghai. Finally, we all know what usually happens when Chinese MDs meet MK/HS...
    Heh, true, but they need to pass that info to the rest of the MD squad. Rian/Yoke and Bona/Ahsan haven't done well against china's MD.

Rian/Yoke seemed to be in an upswing though, while Bona/Ahsan is kinda stuck in neutral.

Will Alvent/Hendra AG participates in those 2 super series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can never understand "miss yo-yo" Adriyanti Firdasari...can defeat TR and ZM but also been easily defeated by Grether and Yao Jie..she is sooo mentally weak..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by otaclub View Post
    can never understand "miss yo-yo" Adriyanti Firdasari...can defeat TR and ZM but also been easily defeated by Grether and Yao Jie..she is sooo mentally weak..
    but at least we got all INA final for XD right?
    shame rendy had to lose in the junior world champ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, they heard your call INA ensures an all-INA Final in Paris tomorrow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan have practically swept all the titles in Greater China Region since 2006:
    (1) Hong Kong Open -- Aug 2006
    (2) China Open -- Nov 2006 (I was there to witness the Final match and had dinner with them after the match )
    (3) Chinese-Taipei GP Gold -- Sep 2007
    (4) China SS -- Nov 2007
    (5) Hong Kong SS -- Nov 2007
    (6) Beijing Olympics -- Aug 2008
    (7) China Masters SS -- Sep 2008

They lost their title in HKG SS 2009 as Kido was injured and the INA team did not make it to the China SS 2008 & China Masters SS 2009 as well. So, we shall see.

But u see, there's someone in BC who openly declared that Kido/Hendra have INFERIOR RECORDS against Fu/Cai
    Last edited by badMania; 10-31-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Well, they heard your call INA ensures an all-INA Final in Paris tomorrow!
    Hehehe...

All INA in XD, Taufik in MS, Kido-Hendra in XD of Paris' finals... I'm pleased...

Also the 3 INA pair in 3 different numbers in XD... That's also awwweessomme!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hehehe...

All INA in XD, Taufik in MS, Kido-Hendra in XD of Paris' finals... I'm pleased...

personally,i think krisna is happy until typo soooooo much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Krisna means WJC I guess it's the Halloween mood last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 titles from Paris! Congrats to the senior squad!

However, remembering how tragic Berry/Ullin lost... Sigh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    2 titles from Paris! Congrats to the senior squad!

However, remembering how tragic Berry/Ullin lost... Sigh.
    Yup, INA had collected 5 SS title so far...As Krisna said tough to win title in upcoming two SS due to all top-players will taking part there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god, taufik lost again in final france open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diana_19 View Post
    god, taufik lost again in final france open...
    But i think it wasn't a bad game at all. I had fun watching it during game 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno what had happen to gunawan/marissa in the final yesterday

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November 02, 2009

Ami Afriatni

Indonesia's Badminton Titles No Cause for Complacency, Says Coach

Two titles at the French Open Super Series put an exclamation point on Indonesia’s return to top-flight badminton prominence.

Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir won the mixed doubles crown to end a 10-month absence from the top of the podium, and men’s doubles top seeds Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan added to their Japan Open title.

Success in Paris gave Indonesia Super Series titles in three consecutive tournaments, a sharp contrast to going seven events without a victory after Nova and Liliyana’s Malaysia Open triumph in January. In between the Japan and France tournaments, Simon Santoso won the men’s singles title at the Denmark Open.

National team head coach Christian Hadinata said he was satisfied with the senior players’ performances.

"They’ve showed better performances since the Japan Super Series in September. Our target to improve their achievements in the second semester is fulfilled," he told the Jakarta Globe.

However, the coach still found plenty to criticize. He pointed to inconsistent performances in men’s and women’s singles and used Simon as an example.

In addition to his Denmark title, Simon reached the semifinals in Japan by beating countryman Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia. In between, though, he made a second-round exit in Paris against Joachim Persson of Denmark.

"Sony played even worse. He could not reach the final of those tournaments," Christian said.

Women’s singles shuttler Adriyanti Firdasari also also endured up-and-down form. She upset top seed Zhou Mi of Hong Kong in the Japan Open first round but lost to unseeded Nicole Grether of Germany in the second round.

Adriyanti beat Denmark Open champion Tine Rasmussen in the second round in Paris but lost to unseeded Yao Jie of the Netherlands in the quarterfinals.

Christian said the form of the country’s young shuttlers was another concern.

"It makes it hard to put our hopes on them to cover for the seniors in international tournaments. It seems like the seniors have to struggle alone to reach the final of every tournament," he said. "It will be a hard work since we have will start to promote the young players to cover the seniors next year.”

His assessment of the youngsters was not all negative. He praised the improving Rian Sukmawan and Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, and he saluted the juniors who competed at the World Junior Badminton Championships in Malaysia.

Indonesia improved on its 2008 showing, moving from seventh place to fifth, and brought home three silver medals and one bronze. It won only one bronze at the 2008 tournament in India.

the Jakarta Globe link -- http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/indonesias-badminton-titles-no-cause-for-complacency-says-coach/339184