User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Jonatan Christie

    Jonatan Christie, the badminton prodigy of Indonesia, seems to be ready to receive the torch from Taufik, Tommy, Hayom, Simon, and Sony in the near foreseeable future. His mindblowing smash and physical durability is indisputable, reminding us of Lim Swie King's playing style, the king of smash. Even Taufik symbolically hands his racquet to Jo at his farewell ceremony. Let's see how this dawn of hope in Indonesia's MS would fare in the next few years.

    Up to today, several of his outstanding achievements are as follow.
    2008: 2 golds (MS & XD) + 1 silver (MD) at ASEAN Elementary School Olympics
    2010: 2 golds (MS & MD) at Milo School Competition
    2011: 1 gold (MD) at Asia U-15 Competition
    2013: 2 golds (MS & Men's Team) at School Sea Games

    Currently, he's playing at the final of Indonesia International Challenge, just at the age of 16

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And, just recently:
    2013: Winner of Indonesia International Challenge

    He trounced Alamsyah Yunus in the final. As a matter of fact, Alamsyah is currently ranked 27 and he trounced Kenichi Tago on the previous edition of Indonesia Super Series Premier. Next week, his rank would spike to somewhere around 230s from 499 at this juncture of time.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    village
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And he is physically good to be equipped with strength and speed.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bandung,Flower City
    Posts
    1,481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia's Rising Star..

    Hope he is consistent

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He acted in the Indonesian badminton movie King in 2009 when he was just 12 years old!
    See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMdoZSU7shI.
    If you only want to see him in action and not watch the whole movie, just scroll to 1:22:05.
    Last edited by mongoose; 07-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member drquick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is he really just 16 yrs old ?? Phisically he looks like Taruna players (18 & 19 yrs old)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drquick View Post
    Is he really just 16 yrs old ?? Phisically he looks like Taruna players (18 & 19 yrs old)
    Yes, he would be 16 this September. So, he's just 15 now. I once read that it is attributed to his well-planned physical training program, and his feast plan which involves up to 8 ounce of beef every day ever since in elementary school.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markuswair View Post
    Jonatan Christie, the badminton prodigy of Indonesia, seems to be ready to receive the torch from Taufik, Tommy, Hayom, Simon, and Sony in the near foreseeable future. His mindblowing smash and physical durability is indisputable, reminding us of Lim Swie King's playing style, the king of smash. Even Taufik symbolically hands his racquet to Jo at his farewell ceremony. Let's see how this dawn of hope in Indonesia's MS would fare in the next few years.

    Up to today, several of his outstanding achievements are as follow.
    2008: 2 golds (MS & XD) + 1 silver (MD) at ASEAN Elementary School Olympics
    2010: 2 golds (MS & MD) at Milo School Competition
    2011: 1 gold (MD) at Asia U-15 Competition
    2013: 2 golds (MS & Men's Team) at School Sea Games

    Currently, he's playing at the final of Indonesia International Challenge, just at the age of 16
    Correction guys, he's only 15! It's not until September that he turns to 16

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,434
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, JC will have 3 more WJC (and 2 more AJC) to go. I am pretty sure he will be selected for next year's AJC.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    His acting is not bad actually.

    An interesting character for the badminton world, not just a badminton player but already has acting experience

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,095
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is true that his father prepared him really well to be the next big thing in the future.
    I still remember when he was only 11 yo, his father said to a newspaper and explained about JC's meal and nutritional plan to build the physical aspect of JC.

    JC almost moved to Djarum when Tangkas was in financial crisis.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    heaven on earth
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    another badminton child prodigy? time will tell..
    i think he and another talented INA junior should follow Thailand junior & TTY way to compete more in senior competition

    which is right spelling.. jonathan or jonatan?

    anyway congratz to Jo




  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hopefully he will be the real next Taufik Hidayat.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jonatan can be the INA star with his physical build, tall (I think his height can be added more 2-3 cm?), and has good spirit and performance. Keep training, participate in more senior tournaments (and be the winner ) ), consistency...that what he needs to be a badminton star.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoXoXo View Post
    another badminton child prodigy? time will tell..
    i think he and another talented INA junior should follow Thailand junior & TTY way to compete more in senior competition

    which is right spelling.. jonathan or jonatan?

    anyway congratz to Jo



    jonatan hahahaha

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,906
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is taller than taufik, only 15,,,

    usually men grow till 18-19

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck jojo for tom's QF! If today you could vanquish the 2nd seed, there's no reason you can't pass tom's test!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •