User Tag List

Page 164 of 188 FirstFirst ... 64 114 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,772 to 2,788 of 3182
  1. #2772
    Regular Member Duke Chen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Indonesian economy is doing extremely well but their badminton is at a low point. Hmm......I feel strange. Normally when a country economy is doing well, they have more money to develop sports. I feel puzzled. May be I don't understand indonesia badminton.

  2. #2773
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Chen View Post
    Okay. I see that you think Djoko has to minta maaf to Indonesian and he is responsible. But can you explain more? In what way he failed?

  3. #2774
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Dikatakan Djoko, bentuk tanggung jawabnya adalah akan segera mengevaluasi untuk melakukan pembaruan. "Semua akan kami ubah, pengurus, pelatih, atlet, sistem pembinaan dan rekrutmen" , kata Djoko"

    Djoko said, as form of responsibility, he will immediately evaluate to perform reformation. "We will change everything, administrators, coaches, athletes, coaching and recruitment system".

    I like that he mention to make changes. But I think he missed something, I thought he said that he is the one whose responsible? Should he be the first to be replaced then?

    ...and as victory said, we need to know from his perspective, in which way he was failing? If he does not know why and what he failed, how come he solve the problem?

  4. #2775
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    I like that he mention to make changes. But I think he missed something, I thought he said that he is the one whose responsible? Should he be the first to be replaced then?
    Ahem, his tenure is going to end soon anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    ...and as victory said, we need to know from his perspective, in which way he was failing?
    Well, uh, he's unlucky that INA's first failure to grab OG gold medal happens during his term of office.

  5. #2776
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm,sound like nadzmi of bam
    hehe

  6. #2777
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Indonesian economy is doing extremely well but their badminton is at a low point. Hmm......I feel strange. Normally when a country economy is doing well, they have more money to develop sports. I feel puzzled. May be I don't understand indonesia badminton.
    I don't think INA economy is doing extremely well. The economy is just so-so but looks good because other countries are not doing as well as they used to be.

    The badminton problem is more of development problem(part of it because the system is too corrupted). But the people in PBSI blames lack of talent.

  7. #2778
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Indonesian economy is doing extremely well but their badminton is at a low point. Hmm......I feel strange. Normally when a country economy is doing well, they have more money to develop sports. I feel puzzled. May be I don't understand indonesia badminton.
    Economy is better could mean the talents have other avenues/other better paying job prospects.
    When economy is not good with far less job opportunities, sports is seen as a way out. More money to develop but less talents interested in sports also make it hard to develop.

  8. #2779
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing is more open/global world. In the past, Indonesians mostly can only make a living in Indonesia. Now more opportunity and more offers coming from all over the world. Not just as badminton players, as researcher and other fields

  9. #2780
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,674
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia falters ignominiously at London

    Mustaqim Adamrah, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sports | Tue, August 14 2012, 6:22 AM

    Paper Edition | Page: 8

    As the 2012 Olympics wrapped up after the two-week sporting spectacle, Indonesia languished in the doldrums as our failed athletes came home without any gold.

    To add to the national shame, shuttlers Gresia Polii and Meliana Jauhari were ignominiously ejected from the Olympics for unsportsmanlike conduct. Along with three other pairs from China and South Korea, Greysia and Meliana were disqualified for play-to-lose tactics during group matches.

    This continues the downward spiral in performance since Indonesia won two golds in Barcelona 20 years ago, both in badminton.

    Since Barcelona, the gold collection had dropped although we somehow managed to cling on our one-gold haul up to Beijing four years ago.

    With only one silver and a bronze, thanks to the weight lifting team, sport authorities concede that the country has paid dearly for relying too much on badminton while the athletes were suffering a dip in performance.

    “We regret that we didn’t take any gold from the London Olympics because we only depended on badminton,” Youth and Sports Minister Andi Mallarangeng said during a ceremony for the Indonesian weight lifting medalists.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ly-london.html

  10. #2781
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,674
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia's badminton hall of shame
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...all-shame.html

    Mustaqim Adamrah, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Headlines | Wed, August 15 2012, 9:54 AM

    Paper Edition | Page: 2

    Coming to London with high hopes of retaining its gold medal tradition, Indonesia’s badminton squad was forced to swallow a bitter pill, not only because it ended up heading home empty-handed, but also due to two players being disqualified from the quadrennial event for unsportsmanlike behavior.

    Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari were two of eight players issued a black card by the referee during their July 31 match for “not using one’s best efforts to win a match”. The other six shuttlers were the South Korean pairs of Ha Jung-eun/Kim Min-jung and Jung Kyung-eun/Kim Ha-na as well as Chinese pair Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang.

    The Badminton World Federation (BWF) disqualified the eight players the next day, a slap in the face for badminton ever since the sport was officially included in the Olympics in 1992.

    “We are trained by our seniors who have world-class experience. We are ready to lose, but not to be accused of cheating,” Meiliana said at the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) official website, pb-pbsi.org.

    Greysia said she felt saddened by her disqualification. “But at least we tried and finished the game.”

    Many demanded the BWF to immediately review the newly introduced round-robin system of competition in the Olympics. The BWF said it would evaluate the round-robin stage but made no promise of any changes.
    ------------------------------------------

  11. #2782
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INA badminton is in disarray today... A lot of anger, confusion, dysfunctional management, distrust, frustration, etc. I do not expect us to do well in this Singapore Series... Gotta wait our sudden Badminton President election in 3 weeks time...

  12. #2783
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    INA badminton is in disarray today... A lot of anger, confusion, dysfunctional management, distrust, frustration, etc. I do not expect us to do well in this Singapore Series... Gotta wait our sudden Badminton President election in 3 weeks time...
    Do you expect some major shake-up at the elections?

  13. #2784
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Do you expect some major shake-up at the elections?
    We shall see...but I hope some good people will come up and sit at the important posts like Binpres (Pembinaan Prestasi).

  14. #2785
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just realize that Tommy Sugiarto is not in the participants list neither in China Master, Japan Open, and Vietnam GP. Where is he? Probably he purpose to 'hide' since his father will be compete to become chairman of PBSI.

  15. #2786
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    "Dikatakan Djoko, bentuk tanggung jawabnya adalah akan segera mengevaluasi untuk melakukan pembaruan. "Semua akan kami ubah, pengurus, pelatih, atlet, sistem pembinaan dan rekrutmen" , kata Djoko"

    Djoko said, as form of responsibility, he will immediately evaluate to perform reformation. "We will change everything, administrators, coaches, athletes, coaching and recruitment system".

    I like that he mention to make changes. But I think he missed something, I thought he said that he is the one whose responsible? Should he be the first to be replaced then?

    ...and as victory said, we need to know from his perspective, in which way he was failing? If he does not know why and what he failed, how come he solve the problem?
    agree, like you said he missed something, he is the one to blame for, but its kind of trendsetter in Indonesia if the leader failed to achieve something than they just say we are sorry we will make a change, but mostly they dont understand that the problem is with the leader itself i mean Djoko Santoso, thats is so pity

  16. #2787
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,674
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Four months ban for Greysia Polii/Meiliana Jauhari due to badminton scandal in London Games on July 31st.

    Indonesia Badminton Association Slaps Temporary Bans on Scandal-Tainted Shuttlers

    Antara & Jakarta Globe | September 05, 2012

    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/...uttlers/542430

  17. #2788
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    village
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chemile View Post
    Just realize that Tommy Sugiarto is not in the participants list neither in China Master, Japan Open, and Vietnam GP. Where is he? Probably he purpose to 'hide' since his father will be compete to become chairman of PBSI.
    That is too bad.
    I personally don't want Icuk to become PBSI chairman. But I do support Tommy's career growth.

Similar Threads

  1. need a badminton coach in indonesia
    By icon03 in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
  2. Indonesia's Badminton Future
    By Loh in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 56
    : 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Indonesia Badminton Forum
    By elepin in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-31-2005, 12:19 AM
  5. Badminton + Indonesia = violence?
    By Mag in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 08-28-2002, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •