User Tag List

Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67 117 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,823 to 2,839 of 3190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an advertisement in Kompas today congratulating Gita as new PBSI head.

What is the benefit of that to Indonesia badminton(to players or coaches) ?

What a way to waste money !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question: who is Milicent Wiranto's dad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    I know where you go with the assumption, but personally i doubt that assumption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fd16n View Post
    I know where you go with the assumption, but personally i doubt that assumption
    I know who you guess
    hehehe

Yup I'm 90% sure if Milicent Wiranto's dad not "that person" -Indonesia Public Figure-
    If I'm not wrong her dad is a Chinese and as a Chairman of Badminton Association in North Sumatera Region (Ketua Pengurus Daerah Sumatera Utara)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default An excellent article, worth a full read

Badminton Fiasco Prompts Calls for Sport’s Overhaul

October 17, 2012
    By Ahmad Pathoni

http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/201...orts-overhaul/

Excerpts:

...Officials and former players offer a host of explanations for Indonesia’s slump. But many point their fingers at the PBSI, and the way the Indonesian program overall is managed.

“My take is there are many problems including the grooming system, a lack of long-term programs, poor rapport between players and association officials, and a shortage of funding,” said Susi Susanti, a retired Indonesian player who won a 1992 Olympic women’s singles gold medal, and is married to fellow 1992 Olympic champion Alan Budi Kusuma.

“The association has been badly managed,” added Fritz Simanjuntak, a former official at the Indonesian Olympics Committee. Among the problems, he said, is that association officials appointed coaches without consulting players, “resulting in an unfavorable atmosphere at the training center,” Mr. Simanjuntak said. He said the sports’ leaders also haven’t done enough serious research to determine how to make their younger players more competitive.

...We have never paid attention to why former stars like Liem Swie King could jump so high while smashing hard and what makes Taufik Hidayat able to make powerful flicks,” then teach those skills to other players,” he said. In June, former players petitioned the badminton association, expressing concerns about the sport’s decline and accusing it of mismanaging the sport and calling for reforms. Djoko Suyanto, who was association chairman at the time, pledged to take measures to improve performance, including improving fitness, modernizing training programs, adding more facilities and increasing pay for coaches.

The association’s secretary general, Jacob Rusdianto, said the PBSI is doing the best it can, but it suffers from insufficient funding, and can hardly hope to match the resources of some bigger countries. He singled out China, which he said has emerged as a more formidable force in badminton because its government has been pouring money into player development, with prospects recruited as young as 9 years old and subjected to rigorous training with military discipline. The Chinese government has also made badminton part of school curricula and young talents are supported financially, he said.

While the Indonesian government does provide funding, the amount is not fixed and can’t cover all expenses, Mr. Rusdianto said. “We understand the government has other priorities,” he said. “We know we can’t make the government do like governments do in China and South Korea.”

Yuli Mumpuni Widarso, a secretary at Indonesia’s Youth and Sports Ministry, said the government stopped providing an annual budget of 14 billion rupiah, or about $1.5 million, to PBSI two years ago. But she said the association could propose funding for important international events in which Indonesian players would compete. This year, the government allocated 200 billion rupiah under a separate program to promote 12 sports in which Indonesia stands a chance of winning in international events, including badminton. But she declined to say how much money was earmarked for badminton.

Mr. Rusdianto at PBSI said that last year the association spent 40 billion rupiah for training and other expenses. Most of the funds come from sponsors, including $2 million annually from Japanese badminton equipment manufacturer Yonex, he said.

“We at the association are left to our own devices,” he said. He said the association needs more doctors, nutritionists, psychologists and sports physiologists to help improve performance. Even with limited budgets, he said, the association has tried to keep up by building more dormitories and providing better fitness facilities at its training camp in an eastern Jakarta suburb.

...Gita Wirjawan, the country’s trade minister who was recently elected chairman of the badminton association, has vowed to embark on more reform efforts to bring back badminton glory, including improving the governing body’s professionalism.

Mr. Simanjuntak said that Mr. Wirjawan’s selection brought fresh hope for the sport, given his good track record as a member of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s cabinet.

“He’s known as a person who puts professionalism first and is results-oriented. That’s what the association really needs,” he said. “But the question is: As a busy government minister, will he have time for badminton?”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the priviledge of looking at the possible list of officials that will be in charge of the new PBSI. Trust me, there will be some surprises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I had the priviledge of looking at the possible list of officials that will be in charge of the new PBSI. Trust me, there will be some surprises.
    Good surprise or Bad one ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    If those "surprises" will lead INA badminton into glory, then I won't let my curiosity get the better of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw the list, rexy's back to Indonesia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only Rexy but also Susi Susanti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then how about his boys in The Philippines? How about his contract there?
    As much as I'm happy to hear this news, I still find this hard to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Good to see Susi and Rexy want to be part of the new PBSI. It shows they have faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God! Look who they appointed as Kasubid Hubungan Internasional!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg, seriously, i am quite shock...
    rexy kabid binpres... am i dreaming ??
    susy
    ricky

quite good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am waiting for the glory coming... hopefully, it will come true !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many people with similar name, but I believe he really is that guy who is one of the richest man in Indonesia.

Ok. Let's put high hopes with Rexy. Sudirman Cup 2013 is still 7 months away, enough time for Rexy magic to produce good MD, WD and XD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hau-Ge
    is it true ?