Japanese WD on the rise?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by dranmo, May 15, 2007.

1. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    Recently I been going through some of the badminton video and discover that Japanese WD is playing pretty good in this few years. Of course they all share the similar problem while I was watching.

Ogura / Shiota (Sanyo)
    No. 1 Japanese WD in Japan and recently Ms. Ogura suffer knee injuries. This affects her recent performances. However by review their past games, they often perform well against Chinese WD and lost usally 2-1. Unlike the Chinese WD, they were unable to have continues attack. While at defensive position, they cannot get hold of chances and turn into attack well. However, strong defensive play.

Akao / Matsuda (Yonex)
    No. 3 Japanese WD in Japan and have the highest world ranking among all 3 top Japanese WD. They recently won over "OGUSHIO" Pair in the Osaka game. Great defensive play and usually lost in best 16 in any world competition. They play great and aggressively in domestic game but defensively in international game. Many time I couldn't see they play out their style. Similar problem like OGUSHIO, they lack of continues attacking power.

Suetsuna / Maeda (NEC)
    No. 2 Japanese WD in Japan. They play aggressive play in both domestic game and international game. Lack of continues attacks and rarely see them doing a defensive play. Even during attacks, they have a lot of misses. They end up either going pretty far or lost pretty fast.

2. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I didnt notice the rising sun...
    Only their cute babes

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahahaha........u r the joker of the day at BC..................:p:p:p:p Thanks. You make my day a better one.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They are playing well actually. The reason that OGUSHIO didn't manage to rise up to the ranks is because they didn't play in tournament as much as AKI/Matsuda.

5. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    yup yup~~
    Now instead of seeing Korean pair as the biggest competition, China national team now put the Japaneses pairs as the biggest competition now.

Japanese women single are rising as well! I am waiting for Hirose to become the next coming WS star.

6. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    y0nex

After all more than 95% of them using the Japanese brand gotta give the Japan player some face if yonex got angry pull out all sponsorship... Lin dan would be naked

7. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Maybe then he'll print the fedex logo on his chest to cover up some skin? :D

8. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I thought Akao/Tomomi is better than maeda/suetsuna,they should be the 2 after ogura/shita

9. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    the ranking now is Akao / Matsuda is better than Suetsuna / Maeda
    however the olympic team for WD is Ogura / Shiota and Suetsuna / Maeda with Akao / Matsuda as back up. Of course this might all change in this year.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ikue Tatani and Aya Wakisaka just won the 2007 New Zealand Open. Seiko Yamada and Yu Wakita went to the semis but lost to Meliana Jauhari and Shendy Puspa of Djarum Badminton Club [Indonesia]...

I suppose these 2 pairs are not number 1-2-3 in Japan... Maybe 4-5-6 huh?!? Are they even in the national team? And how is badminton organized in Japan anyway? I know they have an active badminton league unlike China... maybe similar to Denmark huh?

11. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    The two pair who just won NZ open also belong to Sanyo team. I am not too sure how the Japan side run but i heard companies hire them 'cause they play well. i heard they also have a badminton league but i am not so sure. any Japanese can answer the question?