Ti-10 or NS7700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kamwengng, May 15, 2007.

1. kamwengng

kamwengng Regular Member

Property Negotiator
    hi, i am using Cab 25 SP for 7 years..planning to get a new racquet. i felt that both Ti-10 n NS 7700 quiet ok, wonders which one is better for me since i have used to my Cab 25 sp for so many years. thanks

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    best to try the racquet comparison forum.
    or can we have this moved?

3. lanatir

lanatir Regular Member

i am using both now... though i've never used Cab25... so i cant tell u in relation to that

4. kamwengng

kamwengng Regular Member

Property Negotiator
    lanatir, i need ur comment, hihi... since u having both of them, wat different u can feel on both of the racquet?

5. lanatir

lanatir Regular Member

my impression is that

the ns7700
    - head lighter than ti10 so i can react faster with it (and clearing is slightly better)
    - less stiff than ti10
    - less vibration (due to VFC) - in some ways this makes me feel that ti10 is better at control (at least i get better results at the net than ti10)

probably due to my playing style, i find it less taxing to smash with the ns7700 (i.e. easier to bring the shuttle down at an angle) but the ti10 has a bit more power. i may need to adjust my playing style if i wanna make the best of the ti10.

it's funny... while i somehow find it easier to use the ns7700, i enjoy using the ti10 more.

note, both of them are strung with BG66 @ 25lbs

6. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    personally i own both. The ns7700 is in fact easier to hit around with due to its slight head heaviness and medium flex shaft. However, the ti-10 is slightly headlight( the new ti-10) and has an extra stiff shaft therefore meaning that you need to have a fast swing in order to unleahs its power. But if you've already got good technique and wrist...then go for the new ti-10. =]

7. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

Go for Ti-10...coz u usually using a quite heavy racket...
    then go for it and try it out i think u would it...
    7700 is a flexible racket u mind not like it...

8. kamwengng

kamwengng Regular Member

Property Negotiator
    i actually found out that the respond of my old 25SP is too slow after i doing smash..coz its heavy, and felt the penalty after return wif backhand...

thats y looking for lighter racquet...personally, i think i use to the stiffness of my old 25sp, but would like to try out the NS7700, but rite now oni can buy one...so need guide from pro's out there....

9. kamwengng

kamwengng Regular Member

Property Negotiator
    i know i noob on those new technology racquet and i oni know the meaning of G n U few days ago after i join this forum. act i still wondering wat is the different of the stiff and medium stiff that we can feel when we use it...

i know we need more power, stronger wrist to use the stiff racquet, but pratically , wat is the different of those 2 type?

if i edi used to my 25sp, does that means i should find something stiff as my 25 sp or i should looks for medium stiff like NS 7700?

10. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Kamweng,

There is a good sticky about the stiffness of rackets, read this:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40187

Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss, and it might apply to badminton rackets if the focus is wrong. There are people who spent so much time looking for that perfect racket and over-emphasizing on the stiffness, weight, head-balance, they forgot the key factor, i.e. their own skill, technic and level of play.

It is fine after playing 7 years you only just found out what U ang G means on your racket. Does that make you a poorer player the last 7 years? Of course not.

Yes it is always good to have more knowledge on the game you love, but donot worry too much on the new jargons.

Since you have been using the same Cab25 for so long, you should know the feeling well. Go grap the new Ti-10 or NS7700 at any shop you can find, swing it and see if they feel similar to your Cab25 and get the one you find most comfortable with. Spend sufficient time to get used to the new racket and in no time you will love it as much as your trusted Cab25. Enjoy it.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    your comparison is completely useless since we dont know what U's of 7700 and ti-10 u r using, and whether it's a new or old ti10