User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any good stringers (not too expensive) around taman connaught cheras area ??
    any recommended strings ?? all this while i ahve been using the yonex strings and never tried any other stuff .. might be adventurous this time :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwinb View Post
    TK,
    Just tried my racket with the Proace New Imperial string. Good stringing job! Smash power is explosive, sound is nice. I would say, this string is equivalent to Yonex BG66, probably better. Durability? Let's me use for a few more week..

Next time I will try the Proace High Performance type..
    it will be nicer if u use a better racket to strung it.coz rackets like impact,apacs,bedini and fleet cant be strung very high tension.maybe next time u try your pro ace racket.anyway thanks for trying my stringing and comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allanQ View Post
    any good stringers (not too expensive) around taman connaught cheras area ??
    any recommended strings ?? all this while i ahve been using the yonex strings and never tried any other stuff .. might be adventurous this time :P
    hi allan,i think i would recommend u to try pro ace string.i think in balakong there is a sport shop called mine store.his price is really cheap there.the boss is called yong.its just the same row with the kfc.or would u like to try mine? coz i will be in balakong badminton court quite often every wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi thunderkiller
    sorry .. i am not familiar with the shops in balakong but its quite near my place ..
    which KFC are u talking about ?? can that KFC be seen from the balakong main road (highway) ??
    thanks ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NRTMember View Post
    what do u mean by good stringer???

A fren of mine is YONEX international stringer. He oways go to international tournament to string for players like Lin Dan, Chong Wei and etc......Is him good enuf to string ur racquet?

can PM me for more info.....

actually stringing skill is the same for most of the people. The main different is the machine tat they are using to string the racquet. I know got a team who use YONEX electronic machine to string all his customer's racquet. Thats the machine tat used by all international tournament.
    I would say that the machine is not as important as the person (stringer).
    I seen many stringer that do not have skill or exprience even few years of stringing rackets even if he has the best equipment.

Good quality stringing can be done even if you do not have the best equipment. This is one example of the proverb "a bad workman blames his tools" and a good stringer never blames his machine.
    There are good stringer that have old machine and it work as well.

A good stringer should have these few points.

1. Willing to take the time to check your racket for cracks or damage to see it it can be string to the tension you request. Different type/brand of rackets have different rackets have different maximum tension specifaction. Age of racket will lower the racket tension tolerance.

2. Check and willing to change damage gourmets. Having the best racket and buying the best and strongest string will not help if you dont check for racket's flaws and damage gourmets. Failing to do so may results in premature breakage of strings.

3. Some Stringer so called "Professional Yonex Stringer" may be ONLY exprience in stringing YONEX Rackets. An Exprience stringer knows the different ways to string different shape/design and brands of rackets. And nowdays rackets have different amounts of holes for the string to pass thru. Stringing diection and using different ways to suit the design of the racket is imporatnt. And how many knots to use? .

The way a knots is tied may also damage the string. Another thing is the way they pull the string thru your racket may be also cutting the string even before they pull the tension. Some use very fast and jerks on the string causing it to cut and damage the string diagional to it.

Am i geting too technical??

I have note that during stringing, some part of the string may get caught in the stringing machine and get damage. You may not see the cut or damage as its too fine to see.

We heard of players complaning that they string break too frequently and most of the time is not because of their powerfull smash(as some may think so). Its more because the string is already damage by the stringer or by bad stringing or failing to check the gourmets.

Ask yourself these questions.
    Will a stringer take the trouble to check and ensure the best quality stringing for your racket?. As long as he give you a reasonalbly good stringing and thats should be sufficent.

You string break more frequently and you have to visit the stringer more often or the stringing is done so well that it can last longer and you visit your stringer less. Which will make the stringer happier?

I have noted that some stringer even praise their customers for their powerfull smashes. wow your smash so powerfull ohhhh, 1 week break 2 string ohhh, you very powerfull la
    Last edited by DaveC; 07-25-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I would say that the machine is not as important as the person (stringer).
    I seen many stringer that do not have skill or exprience even few years of stringing rackets even if he has the best equipment.

Good quality stringing can be done even if you do not have the best equipment. This is one example of the proverb "a bad workman blames his tools" and a good stringer never blames his machine.
    There are good stringer that have old machine and it work as well.

A good stringer should have these few points.

1. Willing to take the time to check your racket for cracks or damage to see it it can be string to the tension you request. Different type/brand of rackets have different rackets have different maximum tension specifaction. Age of racket will lower the racket tension tolerance.

2. Check and willing to change damage gourmets. Having the best racket and buying the best and strongest string will not help if you dont check for racket's flaws and damage gourmets. Failing to do so may results in premature breakage of strings.

3. Exprience and know how the different ways to string different shape/design a rackets. Nowdays rackets have different amounts of holes for the string to pass thru. Stringing diection and using different ways to suit the design of the racket is imporatnt. And how many knots to use? .

The way a knots is tied may also damage the string. Another thing is the way they pull the string thru your racket may be also cutting the string even before they pull the tension. Some use very fast and jerks on the string causing it to cut and damage the string diagional to it.

Am i geting too technical??

I have note that during stringing, some part of the string may get caught in the stringing machine and get damage. You may not see the cut or damage as its too fine to see.

We heard of players complaning that they string break too frequently and most of the time is not because of their powerfull smash(as some may think so). Its more because the string is already damage by the stringer or by bad stringing or failing to check the gourmets.

Ask yourself these questions.
    Will a stringer take the trouble to check and ensure the best quality stringing for your racket?. As long as he give you a reasonalbly good stringing and thats should be sufficent.

You string break more frequently and you have to visit the stringer more often or the stringing is done so well that it can last longer and you visit your stringer less. Which will make the stringer happier?

I have noted that some stringer even praise their customers for their powerfull smashes. wow your smash so powerfull ohhhh, 1 week break 2 string ohhh, you very powerfull la
    i like the last part best .. YOUR SMASH VERY POWERFUL OOHH part .. hahahahaa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the last part best .. YOUR SMASH VERY POWERFUL OOHH part .. hahahahaa
    Ya , Funny but true

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder killer View Post
    honestly guys.....i am a player before i took badminton as my occupation.stringing price does not have much big difrference in it.the most is only rm 3-5.when i am a player i tried many stringers like in bangsa,kepong,puchong,cheras or anywhere.the most important they string it for u nicely and properly.the most important thing is u must be satisfied.if someone giving u free stringing but is lousy,do u want it?honestly i will prefer to pay extra....
    hehehehhe...no wonder u din make it to higher level

stringing technique make big difference on tension...u try the different on constant and pre-stretch then u will knoe wats the difference...from the way u post can see that u r definitely not there yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound like a pro stringer...........with good points

Should say: "After strung for you, your skills seem improve on the spot ! more than just powerful smashes" huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh~~~~
    Last edited by Willi@m; 07-25-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willi@m View Post
    Sound like a pro stringer...........with good points

Should say: "After strung for you, your skills seem improve on the spot ! more than just powerful smashes" huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh~~~~
    If improve skill on the spot. duwan pay $$$ la
    Must at east can bring the racket to d court at night and the string breakkk after winning the first set. Can boast to players that racket just strung today ohhh, now the jumping smash too powerfull the string cannot tahan la

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.
    But stringers now are quite rare and thus they will be quite buzy and charge quite a fee.That's only my opinion btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by max_cjs0101 View Post
    LOL.
    But stringers now are quite rare and thus they will be quite buzy and charge quite a fee.That's only my opinion btw.
    Yeah, charge an extra few bucks players dont mind. But give good stringing loh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, charge an extra few bucks players dont mind. But give good stringing loh
    but now most places are charging RM10 which i think is too expensive.Dont you think so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another point noted, normally ppl would print YY with stencil ink on string. I will emphasize this by stencil it with:

Tension: xx lbs
    Time&date finish strung: dd/mm & hh/mm

hohohohoho~ hows that ?

at least can bring the racket to d court at night and the string breakkk after winning the first set. Can boast to players that racket just strung today ohhh, now the jumping smash too powerfull the string cannot tahan la

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi thunderkiller
    sorry .. i am not familiar with the shops in balakong but its quite near my place ..
    which KFC are u talking about ?? can that KFC be seen from the balakong main road (highway) ??
    thanks ..
    The address:- MINE STORE, No.18, Jln. SS2/2, off Jln. Balakong, Bandar Cheras, Bt.11, Cheras 43200 Kajang, Selangor.

KFC = left turn at 1st junction right after Bt.11 traffic light. Maybank is easier to notice, which is right opposite KFC. When you reach Maybank, turn to your left and you'll notice the shop.

No promises; say you're recommended by Ah Kong goh (bro. Kong in canto) and Elwin who plays badminton in Kong Ming, might get discount if lucky....good luck.
    Last edited by OldBadFan; 07-25-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi thunderkiller
    thanks ..
    its inside balakkong.there a maybank too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys ... THANKS ALOT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast