Help! AT 900 P/T or NS 9000 X?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by aznchopstix89, May 17, 2007.

1. aznchopstix89

aznchopstix89 Regular Member

So basically to give you guys an overview, I have been using a 4u AT-800 OFF and a 3u AT700 for the past two years. Now I am considering to buy a new racket.

I haven't been able to try the AT900's yet but I have tried the NS9000 X once.
    Though there was strong rave about the NS9k and I saw a lot of pros use it, it seemed to me that I couldn't generate as much power as with my AT800. It was also heavier overall, to me.(Why dont nanospeeds come in 4u? :confused:)

Anyways, I am not sure what are the major differences between the new AT900's and NS9000X. Has anyone tried both? How do they feel?

Also, I just also want to know how much more power does the AT900P have over the AT900T and exactly how much more control does the T have over the P. Just curious.

So finally the question is...
    AT900P or AT900T or NS9000x and why?

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Wrong forum.
    Can we have this post moved to comparisons?

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Why do you want a new racket? Are you dissatified with your current rackets?

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    You know Gollum, you're right.

This is a very good question to ask...
    Often times, people look and become curious about new products for curiosity's sake.

I'll remember this for the future.

#4 Kelvin, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Since the poster is in Bay area, there are many club in San Jose area to try out the demo. Do that first and see which one you like and have a dinner there after a good game of badminton.

6. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Jeesus nobody is answering his question. Aznchopstix, the AT900-T provides way more maneuverability, and quicker defence due to the placement of the elastic ti (top of the frame) and along with its aerodynamic shape. That's all I know so far about it, I was planning to get the Armortec 900 Technique two weeks from now. So for now, just check out Ant's review on both of the AT-900'S

7. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

Well i have posted a lot about the at900t, 900p and at700 (search and you'll find my mini review on all 3 rackets) - in the end, out of all 3, i said technique was better, but only slightly (very minimal, almost negligible).

Though they are all great rackets. If you have a 700, i would stick with it, cos unless you are a pro, the amount of performance you will be able to draw out of the at900 range compared to your 700 will be very small, so not worth it.Plus 700 is more powerful than the 900T imho. 900P technically is more powerful than all the others mentioned incl the 9000, but I find its hard to use. I've tried the ns9000 (though not my racket cos i'm not too big on head light). If i were you, i'd consider the 900t, it gives you good power, better defense, and is easier to use because the shaft is medium stiff compared to very stiff for 900p.

Seeing as how you are using head heavy rackets, then switching to another head heavy would be better, than going to a head light, unless of course you want a change.

Here's my discussion on the rackets.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44229
    (900Technique)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44291
    (900T, 900P and 700)

#7 Slicedbanana07, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  8. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

I felt the same as you the first time i held my Ns9k. Anyway the defence is uber man i can return alot of smashes now.