Help please

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BG_Noclue, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BG_Noclue

BG_Noclue Regular Member

School
    Hey , umm i am planning to buy a new armortec 500 , but after reading about all thoses counterfit racquets i got wa bit worried , can u ttell me what i should look for to determine whether the AT 500 is fake or real

2. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

You shouldn't worry about fakes if you buy from an authorized Yonex dealer.

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Places you can buy from in the GTA where it's authorized will be Yo's, Winning Cycle, Browns (although i don't recomment it), max sports, and mjstrings (www.mjstrings.ca)

4. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i don't think yo's is authorized.

there was list of authorized stores in toronto in market price forum.

other places are lees badminton club and mandarin badminton club

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    well if you know what is a difference between a genuine and a counterfeit racquet then it does not matter whether or not to purchase from a authorized dealer or not. of course if you want warranty, then you should buy CD coded racquets from an authorized dealer.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    MJStrings is not an authorized dealer.

7. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    No, but he sources from authorized Yonex dealers

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It does not matter because he is still not a Yonex authorized dealer. Just contact Yonex.

#8 Matt, May 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  9. RSX

RSX Regular Member

As Gun... said, I source from authorized dealer(s). I think his point was that I sell authentic Yonex goods.

No need to contact Yonex, I am NOT an authorized dealer. Matt, has Yonex put you on the payroll yet ? ;) .... If not, they should !

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    And what about the warrenty for these sourced rackets? :eek:

ROFL, like Yonex is going to pay significantly more per hour and have better benefits than company I work for in the IT sector. :D.

#10 Matt, May 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  11. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    The warranty is not the discussion at hand. For the thread starter, since you live in the GTA, there are a couple options, one is to go to a local sportchek and pick up your at500 convienently (with warrenty), buy it from other authorized yonex dealers (also with warranty, but perhaps better deals/price/service) OR buy it for a further reduced price (without warranty) from another retailer.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    True enough.

However, if the thread starter wants to obtain a even more further reduced price, they can order online from a Yonex authorized dealer overseas - the warrenty is retained. Some of the members here have used and followed this path.

#12 Matt, May 20, 2007
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  13. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

mjstrings basically orders from authorized Yonex dealers overseas but they do it in bulk which is why they can offer their racquets at a cheaper price. You will not save more by ordering from an overseas dealer yourself unless the racquet is handcarried back to Canada from overseas. Once you figure in shipping, GST, Paypal charges, etc. it will be more expensive than getting the racquet from mjstrings.

As an example, let's look at ordering an AT500 from bbesports.com in China. You will pay $100USD for racquet + $30USD for shipping + 6.5% Paypal charge + 7% GST = $148USD / $167CAD. mybadmintonstore.com in HK sells the racquet for $149USD with "free" shipping. Both are more expensive than $155CAD for the AT500 at mjstring.

"Retaining the warranty" by buying from an overseas dealer is pretty overrated I would think. The vast majority of broken racquets we see here are caused by clashes, mishits, bad string jobs. How many are really caused by manufacturing defects which is only what the warranty covers.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    If you are trying to use exemption, sure you can use that way and use hand carry, although you do not necessary have to use this way. You can still order online because there is no tax on sport equipment imports.

Using the same racket for example - the AT500 in HK sell for $88 USD + 10USD shipping which is a total of $98USD which around $106 CDN, which is signifiant. How about my AT900T JP which I obtained from an authorized dealer. The total for that was around $175 CDN.

In both cases, they are lower signfiantly lower than MJ. Also interestingly, there is another unauthorized shop which is Yonex Direct, located in Edminton, Alberta. The example above beats them out as well.

I would not say retaining the warrenty is overrated we do know that Yonex has replaced rackets broken by things than manufacturing defects. Therefore, knowing there is a possibly they may replace it is better than nothing.

#14 Matt, May 20, 2007
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  15. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

guys, order overseas, i got my at900T with 2 pack of strings for $200. The price is including shipping and all that bullshyt fees...and it's "3u " TOO..

16. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

$210 canadian* btw.

17. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

oh **** i keep forgeting, it cmae with a string job and its JP CODED!!!!!.

18. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

where do you get those crazy prices...
    if you want to be nice i would love to know where :D
    it can be pm'ed and i'll keep it forever secret from any known human besides my brother

19. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Matt,

I am fed up with your constant confusing posts re my prices / website.

I never claim to be the lowest price in the world, so if you find a better price than good for you !

This post asked about purchasing racquet IN THE TORONTO AREA, not ordering online. No mention of warranty, however you keep bringing that up as you did in a previous post.

In terms of duty and tax exemption on badminton equipment, that information is false. There is duty and tax on badminton racquet at Canada Customs.

The JP racquet, you fail to leave out some key details, like the fact you likely ordered racquets in bulk, not a single racquet. Also if you need to claim the racquet under warranty, you would need to send back to Japan and pay for return shipping. So don't mislead people.

I understand you have an issue with my business, but take this as a warning, that if this type of slander continues, I will explore legal action.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore, as I'm sure you'll reply with some long post that makes little sense and avoids the main issue, and that is not what this forum is about.

Regards.

20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I checked with my custom broker and there is no tax on shuttles and racquets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.