Doo6's FeetTec (c) (tm)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by CoolDoo6, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

This will be a multi-post piece describing feet-related technologies I am employing for the game of badminton.

This piece will be for entertainment and information. My devolted 'fans' should refrain from beating me up or call me names for anything I will say because I am doing this for free. :cool:

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

This should be good...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    like that?

weren't you the bloke wearing basketball shoes?
    you're not going to reduce your own MOI, are you?

#3 jerby, May 20, 2007
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    LMAO

You guys are hilarious.

By the way, I saw the spring shoes on you-tube in February... they seem pretty cool.

both these types of footwear would destroy Doob's ankles.
    He would not wear them.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Spy-shots direct from UK :cool:

Attached Files:

DinkAlot likes this.
  6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Don't feed the troll :p:D:D.

7. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Introduction

The feet is one of the most important parts of the body used in badminton. Yet judging by the injuries sustained by a lot of people, the feet is probably one of the most negleted part. Without proper protection, not only the feet sustains injury, but also the ankle, the shin, the knee, and all of the muscles connected to these. One of the biggest punishments the feet receives is shock. If this isn't delt with, injuries will surely follow.

Being a stomper myself, avoiding shock was my greatest priority. After trying all kinds of footwear, I realised something more than just a pair of good shoes was needed. This resulted in my searching for a solution. Herein is described the solution I found.

8. jerby

jerby Regular Member

can you say "footwork" ?

most ankle/knee/leg injuries in badminton come from motorical faillure. Stomping is faillig to put yoru foot down gently. Rolling your ankle is a faillure to stop/turn correctly.
    That being said, accidents do happen, because when you're tired your motoric(al?) skills go down rapidly. But proper footwork, drilling and coaching allow your body to handle it's problems by itself
    if not, why not just wear every possible brace you can buy?

EDIT: Twobeer,
    the "keep moving" cardboard shoes win this round ;)

#8 jerby, May 20, 2007
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  9. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

The Lucky First Attempt

My first major attempt at a solution turned out to be best. This comprised a pair of Adidas basketball shoes, a full-size Sobathane shock absorber, and a heel-size additional absorber to go underneath. The shoes had treamendous shock absorption performance and no shock was felt for over a year before the internal sole (part of the shoe) was completely flattened. After that the shoes offered no shock resistance and had to be replaced. Surprisingly the exteria all leather structure of the shoes was as good as new.

Unlike practially all badminton shoes, the Adidas had no seams on the sides of the toes to cause abrassion damage, and extremely comfortable to wear even during a lunge landing when the leading foot was forced forward in the shoe.

The mid-top ankle sides of the shoes acted as excellent "air-bags" on hard landings of the ankle during spraina. In close to 1.5 years of use, I suffered 2 ankle sprains. On both occasions, my ankle landed on the side padding and I was able to get up and carry on with no damage whtsoever. The slightly riggid structure of the shoes prevented numerous near-misses of sprains that I knew was happening and then noticed my shoes did not allow my ankle to get into a dangerous angle.

No down times of my feet were suffered during the life time of the Adidas. Unfortunately this shoes is no longer available for purchase, and my attempt to replace it with a pair of Nike backetball shoes failed miserably.

Attached Files:

10. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

The Effect Of Socks

A common secondary feet damage factor is abrasion between the feet and soaked socks, resulting in blisters and thick hard skins. A double pair of socks is very effective for reducing this kind of damage. A soft and new internal sock is particularly good at alleviating this problem. I found an internal ankle sock most comfortable to wear and yet had minimal bulk.

11. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

This is an equipment section. Footwork holds little currency here. I don't train and never will. Braces restrict blood flow. I think they are bad for your health.

12. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

yeah, but in the end, you're still getting all these little sprains, rolls, and potential rolls... could you not think for minute that its because the basketball shoes are too high off the ground? the heel area is too far up, and the edges of the shoe are not rounded off enough? all giving in to making it easier for the shoe to tip over?

i notice you said footwork holds little value... however you must admit footwork is the easiest method to help protect our lower body and improve our game.
    and even training isn't necessary to do so... people pick things up in the course of casual play...

i used indoor soccer shoes at the very beginning, then switched to badminton shoes after 6 to 8 months? and after i got serious about badminton... and i think because of that, i've never even had the inkling of "oh no, i think that was a near ankle roll!"

13. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    this is pretty amusing. one thing is, why not get stronger, more stable leg muscles to control your movement, along with footwork, so you don't need to waste all this money and effort into equipment. like any section of badminton, training overpowers pure technology.

another thing is, i've played for 2 years, and haven't suffered a single sprained ankle. i think it's mainly to do with footwork. it usually happens when your rushed, and misstep, so why not have better footwork to reduce that chance?

and why is hardened skin bad for you?

14. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

That may be. But I aim for technology overpowering pure training.

I play anything up to 5 nights a week of 3-5 hour sessions. Probability for accidents like sprains and damage from shock is significantly higher because of the amount of court time. I have no interest in techniques that reduce the chance of damage. The only thing that will do is guranteed no damage. Through pure luck I stumbled upon the right solution that guranteed uninterrupted play for almost 1.5 years.

Build up of hard skins will eventually turn your feet into hooves. But I suppose, there nothing wrong with hooves. Afterall most animals have them.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    So doob's amazing technology, comes down to using double socks and basketball shoes, to play badminton.. Impressive indeed :)

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

5 hour sessions... that must be some intense badminton ;)

anyhoo, high-top shoes don't work for badminton because you need to be able to roll your ankles for footwork..it's called 'flexibility'
    when I lunge forward I need to flex my ankle in order to get my toes to the ground.

ever wondered why you are the only one playing with basketball shoes? (just a guess)

17. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    come on now.. those "keep moving" cardboard shoes are = the win!!!

18. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

For once, could we please leave CoolDoo6 to his pompous prattle?

He had started to make some sensible posts, since his previous hobby-horses (modded Ti-10, comically slack strings) were no longer drawing a reaction.

Making fun of him only reinforces his "unfairly maligned outsider" self-image.

#18 Gollum, May 21, 2007
    Last edited: May 21, 2007
  19. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    wonder why top athletes around the world haven't adopted this "guaranteed no damage" technology..:rolleyes:

20. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry to ask some stupid questions. Please enlight us.

1) If you tried your experiment the second time on a pair of Nike basketball shoes and it failed really bad, does that invalid your method and conclude that Addida's shoes is better (or better for you) than Nike.
    2) Why do you play with soaked sox? Isn't it a bad hygiene?
    3) Since you have been playing with basketball shoes for years, I assume you have not use a pair of good badminton shoes for that same period of time, right? If that is the case, where is your control group?

Sorry, these are just some lab procedure questions.

Have a nice week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.