User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ph_leung View Post
    Sorry, I haven't even seen an Axis.
    I'm not sure where these are coming from but Tad's (www.tadssports.ca) here in Vancouver carries some Beast, NXG 85 (not quadraform). I believe I saw a QF Lite a couple of weeks ago. They also have some older not flat-top Y-joint frames. I'm guessing they're fairly old models...
    The Axis series probably has been out of production since the mid-to-late '90s. The rackets you've mentioned are likely all 21st frames. My guess is that the Axis rackets were similar to, or a bit above, the level of the Spectrum & the Graphite Drive. The Axis frames may have been replaced by the QF series.

Was a bit disappointed that neither Tad's nor Abbie's listed the prices for their Prince rackets. Any idea of the approx price of the QF rackets? I imagine that they are somewhat cheaper than the TT and M+ series (but more than the Spectrum & Graphite Drive).

I noticed that Tad's carries a Graphite O3 racket. I don't see any O3 rackets on the Prince web site, but had heard that these are available in Japan (I think). I believe that these O3s might be rackets with some oversized holes (instead of grommets?). I really like a couple of the O3 tennis rackets that I've tried & wondered how the badminton versions using this technology fared -- marketing hype or a real advantage for a badminton frame?

Heard anything about the O3 series at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At Tad's:Beast $89,NXG $99, Classic O3 $79,QF $59. All cdn$.

The O3 is the Classic O3 with a T-joint, iso-head, aero section rim, funky prismatic greenish paint. Unfortunately, it isn't the new O3 people are waiting for. IMHO the O3 concept shouldn't translate well for badminton. Topspins and slices? Even for sliced shots the regular side section won't block that much air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ph_leung View Post
    At Tad's:Beast $89,NXG $99, Classic O3 $79,QF $59. All cdn$.

The O3 is the Classic O3 with a T-joint, iso-head, aero section rim, funky prismatic greenish paint. Unfortunately, it isn't the new O3 people are waiting for. IMHO the O3 concept shouldn't translate well for badminton...
    Thnx for the prices.

You could be correct about the O3 technology for badminton frames. I was a bit suspicious of the notion when I had heard about it (epsecially since the O3 rackets show up on the Japanese site but not the other Prince badminton sites). This would not be the 1st time that a successful tennis technology had been incorporated for badminton even tho' duznt quite make sense.

NE1 have any ideas on the relative stiffness of the QF or other frames mentioned? The Prince site duznt say.

Could find no info on the Lightning badminton frames either. (A google search yields tons of links for strings and squash rackets with that name). NE1 know when these rackets came out & where they were distributed? Any specs on them at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction to the racket named QF Lite, it's actually the QR Prolite I believe.

This is my own observation on the relative feeling of flex when smashing and when flexing by hand.
    Stiffest to least:
    1.Stealth Ti
    2.Beast
    3.Warrior
    3.QF Prolite(haven't tried this in play),QF Rip(tried a friend's)
    4.NXG 85

As a comparison, the Stealth was nearly as stiff as a 3U MP99. The Beast and Warrior and the two QF have shafts that are actually fairly stiff compared to many rackets. They are stiffer than Yonex medium flex models, Victor medium-stiff, and Carlton Powerblades medium flex. The NXG is supposed to be medium flex but I would consider the shaft to be flexible.

Another aspect of the quadraform rackets is the rim stiffness. The Triple Threat QF models (Stealth,Beast,Warrior) seem to be stiffer at the rim than the QF Prolite and QF Rip. The TT rims look thicker. The stiffest rim is the Stealth which has a cross section that may look more like a sausage (from the side) than a airplane wing. The Warrior's section is more wing like. The Beast's is very slightly more toward the sausage shape than the Warrior. The NXG is a box-like cross section. It is surprisingly stiff a thin rim.

Some other interesting information on these rackets is the TT models all are rated up to 28lbs except for the Warrior at 30lbs. The TT models have a drilled hollow wooden handle. The weight in the handle (for the TT effect is a plug of black rubber that looks like it is hand carved. The NXG has a clear yellow gummy material instead that looks like gummy glue or candy.

Quote Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
    Thnx for the prices.

You could be correct about the O3 technology for badminton frames. I was a bit suspicious of the notion when I had heard about it (epsecially since the O3 rackets show up on the Japanese site but not the other Prince badminton sites). This would not be the 1st time that a successful tennis technology had been incorporated for badminton even tho' duznt quite make sense.

NE1 have any ideas on the relative stiffness of the QF or other frames mentioned? The Prince site duznt say.

Could find no info on the Lightning badminton frames either. (A google search yields tons of links for strings and squash rackets with that name). NE1 know when these rackets came out & where they were distributed? Any specs on them at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos, ph_leung. thnx for the awesome feedback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2